2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread - Tits, Ass, N’ Keldon

Kermit

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the spurs were about to lose that game until Minnesota brought Gobert and Towns back in at crunch time. Naz Reid was killing them and Edwards was getting to the rim at will. Those two scrubs gum up the works. Stupid over coaching. I don’t care how much those two get paid or what you traded for them. They weren’t getting the job done. Reid deserved to finish out the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think the spurs were about to lose that game until Minnesota brought Gobert and Towns back in at crunch time. Naz Reid was killing them and Edwards was getting to the rim at will. Those two scrubs gum up the works. Stupid over coaching. I don’t care how much those two get paid or what you traded for them. They weren’t getting the job done. Reid deserved to finish out the game. 

This is a great observation that I didn't pick up on. Probably because I've had too much to drink. 

I did pick up on Finch calling a horrendous TO at one point. I'm not sure the Gobert trade was a total franchise killer but they probably need an upgrade on the bench. 

Then again, them being the Timberwolves might be a franchise killer in itself.

2 things: 

1. Would you trade 23 year old Keldon for broken down 31 year old Kawhi right now? KJ was the pick that the Spurs got from Toronto in that trade (not to mention Poeltl and Derozan who turned into Thad Young who turned into Malaki Branham and I think another first round pick somewhere down the line).

2. Rudy Gobert getting blocked at the rim by guys 8 inches shorter than him will never stop being funny. Especially by someone who is likely the 14th man off the bench in Romeo Langford.

2010634922_langfordgobert.gif.240367a72b402aafea2cf7f52449329e.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

2 things: 

1. Would you trade 23 year old Keldon for broken down 31 year old Kawhi right now? KJ was the pick that the Spurs got from Toronto in that trade (not to mention Poeltl and Derozan who turned into Thad Young who turned into Malaki Branham and I think another first round pick somewhere down the line).

2. Rudy Gobert getting blocked at the rim by guys 8 inches shorter than him will never stop being funny. Especially by someone who is likely the 14th man off the bench in Romeo Langford.

2010634922_langfordgobert.gif.240367a72b402aafea2cf7f52449329e.gif

If Romeo keeps playing defense like he did last night, he won’t be the 14th guy off the bench.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Would you trade 23 year old Keldon for broken down 31 year old Kawhi right now?

I wouldn't trade a ball of lint for the nephew, let alone any player who actually plays. Fuck that lying-ass, malingering piece of shit for eternity.

I'd rather the Spurs wallow in mediocrity than ever give reason to root for him again.

• Hook 'Em 4

LOL. Tony Buzbee press conference on Thursday with alleged Primo victim Hillary Cauthen, a sports psychologist who contracted with the Spurs. I'm sure it will be a classy event. Props to Buzbee for becoming the go to attorney if you're looking to sue an athlete for whipping out his crank.  

https://www.nba.com/news/attorney-says-accuser-will-discuss-allegation-against-former-spurs-guard-josh-primo

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

If Busbee's allegations are true--that the complainant's services were not renewed because she was a whistleblower--then shame, shame, shame on PATFO.

"Services not renewed" meaning she was on a contractor basis? I don't think it really matters why they weren't renewed if that's the case. 

And it would be strange for them to both not keep her around and waive Primo. 

That was a shitty, shitty, shitty press conference. The time frame, the allegations, the fact that nothing was done, that they made her sit in with him after he exposed himself and he did it again, that they didn’t renew her contract, that they kept him until they couldn’t…I understand that these are accusations, but goddamnit. They’re so fucked. She is credible, credentialed, pissed, and well backed. Good job Brian Wright, you fucking idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

In fairness to Josh, he allegedly only exposed himself during their initial encounter. My mistake.

Again fellas, apologies. He exposed himself to her nine times. Allegedly . I’m gonna shut up now.

Edited by Kermit
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Again fellas, apologies. He exposed himself to her nine times. Allegedly . I’m gonna shut up now.

Truly embarrassing. Seems like the Spurs treated the plaintiff as if she were the problem rather than the guy flashing her ... and then only cut him to avoid a potential lawsuit.

Well, gee, how did that work out for y'all?

Worse, they exercised Primo's third-year option only weeks ago, guaranteeing** him several more millions, despite knowing all of this.

PATFO should have publicly censured Primo months ago, assigned him to counseling and sent him down to Austin, while also settling out of court with Ms. Cauthen. Would've cost them far less money than what it seems they will pay out to Primo and Cauthen, and spared the organization the black eye that is coming.

Oh, and somewhat importantly, it also would've been the right thing to do.

Also:

1 hour ago, Amos Moses said:

giphy.gif

Bravo, Amos!

** Regarding the guarantee, do contracts under the current CBO not include morality exceptions, i.e., the money is no longer guaranteed if the player does something stupid such as rob a bank, murder a groupie, or expose himself to a contractor? If not, how stupid are these owners?

(DISCLAIMER: This post is speculative and based on the info currently available. I reserve the right to change my mind or redirect my condescension at a later date.)

• Hook 'Em 2

The Spurs, based on what we have been told so far, clearly fucked this whole thing up. They've likely already lost in the court of public opinion and are going to end up cutting a check for this. They may have to sacrifice some employees, and there will be organizational change involved. They deserve whatever comes their way.

That said, and I hate that this is going to come off like victim blaming, but I don't think it's unreasonable to consider... flash me once, shame on you. Flash me eight more times? EIGHT? At what point, as a licensed professional psychologist, do you make the decision to not see that client any more? And since she was a contractor and not an employee -- which is a big distinction -- it is legally her right to control what job she does and how she does it.

My wife is a counselor. She's had a bunch of creepy shit happen to her including guys showing their junk to her on Zoom. You know what she does? She closes the meeting immediately and then doesn't see them any more, ever, and then blocks their phone number. The sports psychologist should have been done seeing Primo after the first time it happened. I'm fairly certain that she even has professional obligations to not see that client any more. At best it is a terrible boundary violation, but I think that there are some ethical issues she breached by continuing the therapy. Again, I could be wrong, but that just isn't how this type of stuff is handled (no pun intended).

I know that the counter argument is that she was in fear of losing her "dream job" with the Spurs, but she shouldn't have put herself in that situation (8 more fucking times, at that!) after the first incident. It doesn't excuse the Spurs or Primo for their behavior in the least, but I don't believe she handled this appropriately. In the context of the lawsuit, it may make a difference.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The Spurs, based on what we have been told so far, clearly fucked this whole thing up. They've likely already lost in the court of public opinion and are going to end up cutting a check for this. They may have to sacrifice some employees, and there will be organizational change involved. They deserve whatever comes their way.

That said, and I hate that this is going to come off like victim blaming, but I don't think it's unreasonable to consider... flash me once, shame on you. Flash me eight more times? EIGHT? At what point, as a licensed professional psychologist, do you make the decision to not see that client any more? And since she was a contractor and not an employee -- which is a big distinction -- it is legally her right to control what job she does and how she does it.

My wife is a counselor. She's had a bunch of creepy shit happen to her including guys showing their junk to her on Zoom. You know what she does? She closes the meeting immediately and then doesn't see them any more, ever, and then blocks their phone number. The sports psychologist should have been done seeing Primo after the first time it happened. I'm fairly certain that she even has professional obligations to not see that client any more. At best it is a terrible boundary violation, but I think that there are some ethical issues she breached by continuing the therapy. Again, I could be wrong, but that just isn't how this type of stuff is handled (no pun intended).

I know that the counter argument is that she was in fear of losing her "dream job" with the Spurs, but she shouldn't have put herself in that situation (8 more fucking times, at that!) after the first incident. It doesn't excuse the Spurs or Primo for their behavior in the least, but I don't believe she handled this appropriately. In the context of the lawsuit, it may make a difference.

True, but if she notified the Spurs of what was happening and they kept scheduling them to meet? There are so many possibilities of imbecilic behavior on the Spurs front. But yes, in a perfect world, take yourself out of the toxicity.

16 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Yeah the 1099 part of it I don't get either. Seems like the Spurs are well within their right to terminate the arrangement whenever they choose for whatever reason. 

It's also entirely possible it didn't actually happen nine times. This is all coming from the prosecution.