2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread - Tits, Ass, N’ Keldon

Kermit

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The murder story is just too convenient and makes the most sense. I don't buy the pedo angle as he's like 20 years old and looks like a 12 year old himself. Plus, I mean, Karl Malone is the 3rd leading scorer in NBA history. 

@dingleberryswitzer has a good point in that it has to be something to where the Spurs are 99% sure he'll never play in the NBA again. 

Brother, I say this with love, looks and age don’t matter when it comes to heinous acts of cruelty. 

• Haha 2

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could buy Primo meeting some 14 or 15 year old girl who looks 19 (his age) and him being too stupid to ask or to verify. That would be at least plausible. Inexcusable but plausible.

Honestly of all the wacky speculation going through my head, that would probably be best case scenario. What are the other options? Domestic abuse, random but serious criminal activity, murder, hard core Sandusky stuff? Just about anything outside of those would only merit a suspension or at least a “wait until the legal system goes through its process” before outright waiving him.

Also all that Karl Malone stuff came out years after he was in the league (or even out of the league iirc). Plus it was a different time back then when shit got easily buried. 

42 minutes ago, hornfan785 said:

Maybe he was betting on Spurs games or something like that?

Don’t think that’s worthy of immediately cutting and then scrubbing his existence off the team sponsored social media.  That’s a….. oh boy, let deal with the suspension.  JMO but it has to be so serious they couldn’t trade him and didn’t want him to be part of the future.  And this is a guy they really wanted to be a foundational piece.

Not sure if this is being reported yet, but someone told me that it looks like Primo beat up his girlfriend. Don't take that as gospel or anything, but this person is generally reliable and has good sources. And for the record, this source is NOT my friend who works down there.

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen

Not sure if this is being reported yet, but someone told me that it looks like Primo beat up his girlfriend. Don't take that as gospel or anything, but this person is generally reliable and has good sources. And for the record, this source is NOT my friend who works down there.

If that’s what it is, he’ll be back in the league at some point.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kermit said:

not impressed ru paul GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

There has to be more. 

That's what she said....

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

George Hill posted a dick pic while he was with the spurs. I suppose this is worse and the fact that he did it to an employee makes it untenable. But I gotta be honest, I was expecting much worse. 

Hill's conduct wasn't a physical engagement or sexual harassment, at best..... sexual predation and assault at worst.  The Spurs weren't long in the tooth in his contract (probably will try and void), Primo is a talented piece of potential but still only a prospect, so there's probably not a huge market for him.  Spurs decided they didn't want to be the Houston Texans and a punch line, so I get it.....  Also think Primo can probably continue his career after a year suspension, but it's early..... let's see all the allegations. 

Edited by Patrick Bateman

37 minutes ago, Kermit said:

So is this going to go down as the worst Spurs draft pick of all time?

It's going to down as one of the worst NBA draft picks of all-time.  There's a stat out there, that he's the lottery pick who lasted the least amount of time before being cut in NBA history.  We also cut Weiskamp from the 2021 draft.  It's like not having a pick in the middle of rebuild, which is disastrous for an organization.  Now if we tank and somehow get a top 2 pick, then maybe all is forgiven, but this along Samanic and Lonnie, we're not exactly crushing the draft.

16 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

No Richardson, Vassell, Roby or Sochan tonight. Maybe we’ll get to see Branham and Wesley log some minutes. If they can’t lose this one tonight, then every game remaining on the schedule is in play. Gotta tank care of business. 

I don't think Pop is trying to tank, but I do think he is trying to develop these guys and let others rest. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Are you sure? 

Haha I'm not, but I look over that roster and just don't see anything remotely close to a playoff team. And like I noted the other day, those shooting percentages are unsustainable. 

Will be happy to be wrong ... even though a tank is probably in the team's best (long-term) interests.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Haha I'm not, but I look over that roster and just don't see anything remotely close to a playoff team. And like I noted the other day, those shooting percentages are unsustainable. 

I looked at the roster preseason and saw the same thing. Everyone and their mother's did. 

After watching them play basketball I am not seeing the same thing. 

I had a post the other night describing why that is. There is a lot of improvement from guys already on the team, some addition by subtraction, and a roster that just gels better together in general. And Sochan is better than even his biggest proponents imagined. 

I think this team is more likely to win 40 games than not win 30. Assuming there aren't serious injuries. 

As for the %s - we're slashing 48/39/76. That isn't that crazy. Sure, I expect the 3p% to fall but by how much I'm not sure. We are creating high % looks through good ball movement and have some pretty good shooters. 

Either way this isn't about anyone being right or wrong - I'm just enjoying watching these guys and think it's a bit less flukey so far than some are making it out to be. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I looked at the roster preseason and saw the same thing. Everyone and their mother's did. 

After watching them play basketball I am not seeing the same thing. 

I had a post the other night describing why that is. There is a lot of improvement from guys already on the team, some addition by subtraction, and a roster that just gels better together in general. And Sochan is better than even his biggest proponents imagined. 

I think this team is more likely to win 40 games than not win 30. Assuming there aren't serious injuries. 

As for the %s - we're slashing 48/39/76. That isn't that crazy. Sure, I expect the 3p% to fall but by how much I'm not sure. We are creating high % looks through good ball movement and have some pretty good shooters. 

Either way this isn't about anyone being right or wrong - I'm just enjoying watching these guys and think it's a bit less flukey so far than some are making it out to be. 

Bolded part is true and could well make a liar of me. Mayhap something to do with the lack of stars, but they've done a great job of working the ball around to find the best shot.

And right on cue, already 17 assists on 23 made baskets tonight. A selfless offense is the best kind of offense to watch.

Minnesota should be relegated to the g league if they lose this game. What a bunch of gutless losers. Fucking Gobert getting stuffed at the rim by 6’5” dudes. Danny Ainge fucked them so hard.

I couldn’t be more shocked at the spurs though. It’s fun to watch even though it’s bittersweet knowing what is best long term.

I will also say that the schedule is going to get much more difficult. People will start to game plan them better.  And it’s a long ass season. I remember back in the dog ass post Ice pre David days they went on like an 8 or 10 game winning streak one season. They still sucked overall though.

But yeah, this has been enjoyable as hell. And fuck the twolves. Joke of a franchise.

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It’s fun to watch even though it’s bittersweet knowing what is best long term.

I'm not so sure man. I go back and forth with this myself. On one hand sure you need elite talent to win in the NBA, but on the other hand elite talent by itself frequently fails to win. I think the culture that Pop and Duncan cultivated for so long is really important and needs to persist past whenever Pop decides to hang it up. And it's been proven again and again that you can find franchise talents past the first few picks of the draft. I mean shit, we did it ourselves not too long ago. 

I'm enjoying this team and I can't in good conscience cheer for them to lose. I'd rather take this momentum and turn it into something special the next few seasons than potentially ruin the culture just to get one player on the team. 

But maybe I'm naive.