Something happened today that made me realize just how bad of shape our country is in

Cornpop

17 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Ok, well, pb&j and cheetos?  You didn't have any other shit to cook?

He can't fit a fridge in his van down by the river, and he probably doesn't want to over use his hot plate since he's only got 5 payments left on it.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, CoTex said:

True story.  I was sitting on a pier in Rockport when I was about 14 years old.  WB in one hand.  Big damned Dr Pepper in the other.

Someone said something and I turned to look - interact with the speaker you know, manners - and a fookin’ seagull swooped down like the hawk of Achill in the Jameson’s commercial, and grabbed my WB.

Gull flew about 3 feet and dropped my hamburguesa right in the piss.  In anger I chucked my styrofoam cup of DP at that sumbitch and missed badly.  Gull 1 - CoTex - 0.

So you're saying that seagulls can open truck doors.

This is not going to end well.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

the fall of Rome was precipitated when some Etruscan descendants stole a jar of fermented Garum from a Roman dude's oxen cart

I would kill for some garum on top of a real saltine cracker, y'know, one with salt on it, not these damn "healthy" options with barely any salt as if the cracker makers give a damn about our health, sumbitches just don't wanna pay for salt.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RDCanecutter said:

I would kill for some garum on top of a real saltine cracker, y'know, one with salt on it, not these damn "healthy" options with barely any salt as if the cracker makers give a damn about our health, sumbitches just don't wanna pay for salt.

if they aint gonna salt it, they should call it a goddamn plaintine.  dont fuck around with our emotions using your word tricks!

• Drool 1

You're not escaping Whataburger for under $15 or under 20 minutes. I can get a 10 piece and large fry from Mickey D's for under $6 in the time it's actually supposed to take to go through a drive thru. And the food will actually be hot.
Remember you get what you pay for.

McDonald's is only good for fries.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

if they aint gonna salt it, they should call it a goddamn plaintine.  dont fuck around with our emotions using your word tricks!

Gotdamn this. Got a bag of pretzels the other day that were nothing but unambitious breadsticks. Makes me wanna eat them all, go back to the grocery store, jump up and down then puke them into the yogurt case because you know it's these yogurt-eatin  motherfuckers behind all this non-salted salty product bullshit.

Hold up-- dude forgot to lock his truck. Some cold-ass burger. Hey, it's free.

Just now, RDCanecutter said:

Gotdamn this. Got a bag of pretzels the other day that were nothing but unambitious breadsticks. Makes me wanna eat them all, go back to the grocery store, jump up and down then puke them into the yogurt case because you know it's these yogurt-eatin  motherfuckers behind all this non-salted salty product bullshit.

My son brought home french bread from Randalls - I heated it for about 12 minutes at 350. No butter, no garlic and it tasted a little doughy. Should I go back and complain? I'm a little conflicted on proper Surly behavior. One side of me says, I should bring it back to the store and throw it at the manager? The other side of me says leave it alone and chalk it up as a loss.

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's not really a hot take. Whataburger sucks ass. Keep hanging onto those memories tho. It ain't coming back.

this makes me sad, and makes me wish there was a sad emoji reaction to apply to the post

44 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You're not escaping Whataburger for under $15 or under 20 minutes. I can get a 10 piece and large fry from Mickey D's for under $6 in the time it's actually supposed to take to go through a drive thru. And the food will actually be hot.

FWIW the pink ooze used to make that 10 piece is pretty far from being food, they might be hot but .....

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

My son brought home french bread from Randalls - I heated it for about 12 minutes at 350. No butter, no garlic and it tasted a little doughy. Should I go back and complain? I'm a little conflicted on proper Surly behavior. One side of me says, I should bring it back to the store and throw it at the manager? The other side of me says leave it alone and chalk it up as a loss.

Walk into the store with the loaf poking out of your zipper like a dick and start smacking employees with it.

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

You son of a bitch.

fa8b2357b66e924690bf5bbe9fcb636c.jpg

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You seem like a douche.  Getting your Whataburger stolen is payment for that.  What you put into the world, you get back.

Well you seem like a miserable, self-loathing cunt that lives alone with a dozen or more cats.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Interestingly, I had my car rifled through when I went to Lowe's the other day.  That's on me for not locking my car.  I don't keep shit of value in my car, for that exact reason.  I wouldn't call cold whataburger valuable, tbh, but a man's gotta eat.  I guess. 

Tl;dr: OP is a bitch.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

What the fuck is going on in here?

We have some loser crying about their stolen WB (because they stupidly picked up fast food and then ran an errand, knowing how bad it would be by the time they got home)
Then we have a bunch of micropeen dorks posting their dinners with their guns next to the plate (wtf mental illness do you have?)
Then this thread devolved into the WB Sucks thread that we have already in the food forum

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Go back and scream at the manager in French.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Go back and scream at the manager in French.

I did that years ago in France. I was at a train station around Jouy en Josas (near Versailles). Some dude was harassing my girlfriend and he didn't speak any English. I asked him if he spoke Spanish which he did. So, I then started cussing him out in Spanish.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I did that years ago in France. I was at a train station around Jouy en Josas (near Versailles). Some dude was harassing my girlfriend and he didn't speak any English. I asked him if he spoke Spanish which he did. So, I then started cussing him out in Spanish.

What does French accented Spanish sound like?

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

There's always that dude in the train station.

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We have some loser crying about their stolen WB (because they stupidly picked up fast food and then ran an errand, knowing how bad it would be by the time they got home)
Then we have a bunch of micropeen dorks posting their dinners with their guns next to the plate (wtf mental illness do you have?)
Then this thread devolved into the WB Sucks thread that we have already in the food forum

It's called going full surl.  There's always something that tears us apart.  Simms vs Applewhite, stadium renovation gap, RD rants on the football board, etc etc etc.

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Interestingly, I had my car rifled through when I went to Lowe's the other day.  That's on me for not locking my car.  I don't keep shit of value in my car, for that exact reason.  I wouldn't call cold whataburger valuable, tbh, but a man's gotta eat.  I guess. 

Tl;dr: OP is a bitch.

I have a buddy that rifled through the tailgate on his own truck, and the bed, and the cab frame, and the dash, and luckily only a little hose in the engine block with a Barrett .50 cal because we were at his ranch and he was drunk, and swore his new truck tailgate was indestructible.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

It's called going full surl.  There's always something that tears us apart.  Simms vs Applewhite, stadium renovation gap, RD rants on the football board, etc etc etc.

Those Nancy boys who like to eat 2 tostados cut up into 8 individual triangle pieces that don't touch and call them "nachos."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148869a8uzpgackl5i24onh

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Forgetting to lock a car door can happen to anyone and sadly some people don't respect another's property. But, having lived in the country I am perplexed that someone wise enough to gang up their errands on a trip to town (as country folk do) would not leave the meal for the last stop or at least get a pizza to go since that reheats well in the oven after the forty minute drive home. (5-10 minutes at 350 degrees)  When one is paying someone else to cook the meal, eat it there or you've got cold greasy fries and life is too short for that. Oh, and if your nearest town has a big box store like HD or Lowes, multipack batteries and the self check go pretty quick (just from personal experience). You have to buy name brand, but (for example) it works out to <1.00 a battery for some 2A models. If they still offer curbside pickup, order before you leave the house and you can eat your burger in your fancy truck while they bring it out to your car. Maybe don't put the gun on the dashboard though...