Something happened today that made me realize just how bad of shape our country is in

Cornpop

Also, 150 posts and I didn't see this yet?

Amazon.com: Les Misérables eBook: Victor Hugo: Kindle Store

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

He buys batteries at the dollar store and couldn't afford to rebuy his dinner. What makes you think he is going to spring for name brand batteries?

Because I suspect he is frugal as opposed to being unable to afford to purchase another meal?

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Forgetting to lock a car door can happen to anyone and sadly some people don't respect another's property. But, having lived in the country I am perplexed that someone wise enough to gang up their errands on a trip to town (as country folk do) would not leave the meal for the last stop or at least get a pizza to go since that reheats well in the oven after the forty minute drive home. (5-10 minutes at 350 degrees)  When one is paying someone else to cook the meal, eat it there or you've got cold greasy fries and life is too short for that. Oh, and if your nearest town has a big box store like HD or Lowes, multipack batteries and the self check go pretty quick (just from personal experience). You have to buy name brand, but (for example) it works out to <1.00 a battery for some 2A models. If they still offer curbside pickup, order before you leave the house and you can eat your burger in your fancy truck while they bring it out to your car. Maybe don't put the gun on the dashboard though...

1 It wasn't a trip to town, it was on the way home from work.

2 Store was several miles closer to home

3 took 2 minutes to run in and buy batteries

4  I have plenty of batteries but needed some lithium batteries for a game cam

5 I don't eat in my truck

Are there any other meaningless details perplexing you?

9 minutes ago, Cornpop said:

Yes! You mentioned your realization in the thread title. In what way has this shaped your views of the state of the union?

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Pato del Muerto read my mind while I was typing...
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yes, how is petty theft of foodstuffs the eye opening window to the idea that our country is in real bad shape?

has this crime ever not happened?  Or is the title meant to be hyperbolic and thread really just sharing an unfortunate incident?

You should conduct a thorough investigation into the matter. Please post results

200.gif

25 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

He buys batteries at the dollar store and couldn't afford to rebuy his dinner. What makes you think he is going to spring for name brand batteries?

That bass drum isn't fucking cheap, yo.

Edited by Bateshorn

23 minutes ago, Cornpop said:

1 It wasn't a trip to town, it was on the way home from work.

2 Store was several miles closer to home

3 took 2 minutes to run in and buy batteries

4  I have plenty of batteries but needed some lithium batteries for a game cam

5 I don't eat in my truck

You don’t eat in your truck, but I bet you can still smell that shit in there today since you left it sitting in there…even if for several minutes fewer than anticipated.  

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
20 minutes ago, YGIFS said:
We will also accept an S or Sub-S pass-thru return.  County CAD assessment of any real estate.  We are willing to work with you here at First CityWide Change Bank.

How does First City Wide make money doing this?

One word.  Volume.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

What the fuck is going on in here?

We have some loser crying about their stolen WB (because they stupidly picked up fast food and then ran an errand, knowing how bad it would be by the time they got home)
Then we have a bunch of micropeen dorks posting their dinners with their guns next to the plate (wtf mental illness do you have?)
Then this thread devolved into the WB Sucks thread that we have already in the food forum

new here willy wonka GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

We have a "good" whataburger a few miles up the road, and a "bad" one closer.   The good one is consistently good.  As good as it was 2 decades ago, no.  Still better than any other fast food burger, without a doubt. 

I don't know what the connection is but Whataburgers that have pellet ice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ones that have hard-ass-half-assed-cube-ice.  

• Hook 'Em 2

There's a lot to unpack in that pic.

I see cornpops reflection in the cup and it looks like he's wearing a sleeveless shirt. The highlighters or whatever next to the Wallet means he uses those for work probably. Maybe vape pens..

The wallet is well worn and thick, like my penis, which indicates he uses cash not plastic.

So yea I'm going with landscaping or remodeling contractor in his mid to late 30s. 

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I see cornpops reflection in the cup and it looks like he's wearing a sleeveless shirt. The highlighters or whatever next to the Wallet means he uses those for work probably. Maybe vape pens..

The wallet is well worn and thick, like my penis, which indicates he uses cash not plastic.

So yea I'm going with landscaping or remodeling contractor in his mid to late 30s. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886wqx8halgkueml4ujsj

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I see cornpops reflection in the cup and it looks like he's wearing a sleeveless shirt.

Hmmm.  Or maybe he cooks nekkid and is wearing a saddleback simple leather apron? 

I like cash.  Cash is king.  And I'm not a poors

3 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

YARN | It was landscaping, not just mowing. | Bottle Rocket (1996) | Video  clips by quotes | c130e384 | 紗

I was at a work convention being regaled by an attractive saleswoman and her team at the company event her company was hosting. Late into the night we were pretty hammered.  Somehow the conversation leads to yard work for a divorced woman. She tells me that she has landscaping done in her yard. I say, "So, who trims your bushes?" She says, "They are in great need of trimming right now." Then she glances down at her nethers. Yea...

• Hook 'Em 1

69db2d7c3afdd0c284aa4da807873385.jpg
Those “highlighters” are tubes to keep your joints fresh.
  • Hook 'Em 1