Say something nice about oklahoma

TexArcher

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

Inconceivably, The Flaming Lips are from Oklahoma.

Also Leon Russell, J.J. Cale, Annie Clark/St. Vincent, The GAP Band, The Turnpike Troubadours, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire to name a few more. And if you're into the pop thing we've also got Hansen, All-American Rejects, and Color Me Badd, lol.  And going way back we've got Woody Guthrie, of course.

On the film/TV side we've got Bill Hader, Tim Blake Nelson, Tracy Letts, Sterlin Harjo, James Marden, Alfrie Woodard, Kristen Chenowith, Ron Howard, Jeane Tripplehorn, to name a few.

So given the size of the state, we have our share of decent music/film/TV contributions.... and one thing you'll notice is that most of it is heavily slanted toward Tulsa/NE Oklahoma, because OUsux.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Also Leon Russell, J.J. Cale, Annie Clark/St. Vincent, The GAP Band, The Turnpike Troubadours, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire to name a few more. And if you're into the pop thing we've also got Hansen, All-American Rejects, and Color Me Badd, lol.  And going way back we've got Woody Guthrie, of course.

On the film/TV side we've got Bill Hader, Tim Blake Nelson, Tracy Letts, Sterlin Harjo, James Marden, Alfrie Woodard, Kristen Chenowith, Ron Howard, Jeane Tripplehorn, to name a few.

So given the size of the state, we have our share of decent music/film/TV contributions.... and one thing you'll notice is that most of it is heavily slanted toward Tulsa/NE Oklahoma, because OUsux.

If you hadn’t snuck Ron Howard into that list I’d think you were making fun of Oklahoma.  

My best attempt…ok:

Oklahoma has produced more astronauts than any other state.

The first Girl Scout Cookie was sold in Muskogee in 1917.

The shopping cart was invented in Ardmore in 1936.

All of that was undone by this:

The nation's first parking meter was installed in Oklahoma City in 1935. (Bastards!!!!) 

17 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Wow!  Hansen?  Is there a place I can exchange my Longhorn gear for OU gear?  This changes everything.

19 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Fuck those mother fuckers and their special education institution they refer to as a “university.” Their houses are all on either wheels or blocks, their poplulation outnumbers their teeth, and their family trees have no branches. May they never win another game. Fuck them. 

I don’t think you read the directions. 😭

And your kids are half Okie. 

• Haha 1

Just got back from a weekend in Santa Cruz. Probably not even a top 10 spot in CA. It was incredible. California is the crown jewel of the US.  Oklahoma is a shithole in every way you can imagine.

When the Riley stuff went down, there were people here making the case, I think with a straight face, that they’d rather live in Norman than LA on such a salary.

I mean, I get that for a regular person, COL is a thing. But that’s some weird cultural/political axe grinding stuff.

As for OP:

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Your Mom said:

If you hadn’t snuck Ron Howard into that list I’d think you were making fun of Oklahoma.  

LOL Ok.

Some of those were obviously included in jest.  But if your takeaway from that list is that Ron Howard is the only quality inclusion then I question your taste in music and film/TV.

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

My best attempt…ok:

Oklahoma has produced more astronauts than any other state.

The first Girl Scout Cookie was sold in Muskogee in 1917.

The shopping cart was invented in Ardmore in 1936.

All of that was undone by this:

The nation's first parking meter was installed in Oklahoma City in 1935. (Bastards!!!!) 

Don't forget Sonic and QuikTrip, yo! :D 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1