Good Times Bad Times

VABuckeye

Did Iron Butterfly not listen to this album before they decided it was a good idea to let Zeppelin open for them.

On January 31, ’69, Led Zeppelin opened for Iron Butterfly, then one of the world’s biggest bands.  Led Zeppelin received such a resounding approval from the audience, which Doug Ingle, lead singer for Iron Butterfly decided to scrap the show.  Reasons being are that Iron Butterfly was afraid that they can’t produce such an effect on their crowd… in their own concert…in which they are headlining

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Did Iron Butterfly not listen to this album before they decided it was a good idea to let Zeppelin open for them.

Led Zeppelin opened for Spirit then sat in the audience to watch their set. Then Zeppelin stole their shit.  :)

had a Zephead friend who once played a ‘68 bootleg at our poker game and I was happy to point out to him an unlisted Fresh Garbage jam. That was pretty cool.

Also, because it annoys Derka, I’ll add that the band Phish has covered 14 different Led Zeppelin tunes. Some just once or twice. But Good Times Bad Times is the overwhelming leader at 227.

https://phish.net/song/?original_artist=Led+Zeppelin

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

That guitar tone is incendiary. Incendiary.

I can't tell, is that a doubled guitar part or is it a delayed part panned opposite?  Whatever it is, it sounds spectacular.  So damn simple.  And that REVERB on the guitar.  Dang.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know there is a big guitar bias here (and I am all for it) but don’t forget that the syncopated cowbell, the 16th note triplet kick, and the super “thunk-y” quarter note big tom transition fills changed how every rock drummer (and bass player) thought about, not just their instrument, but about their role in MAKING THE MUSIC.

Indeed, the world was never the same.