Possible Serial Killer in California

TexEx15

Ballistics tests have linked the fatal shootings of six men and the wounding of one woman in California – all potentially at the hands of a serial killer – in crimes going back more than a year, police said.

Authorities last week announced that five men in Stockton had been slain in recent months, ambushed and shot to death alone in the dark. Late Monday, police said two additional cases last year 

denzel GIF

19 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

FOR THE RECORD, I'M NOT A SERIAL KILLER, I JUST PICK UP PEOPLE AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THAT NEED A RIDE.

This in all caps is priceless.  

Because it leaves out the park where you kill then and dump the bodies in a storm culvert down the road.

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Yikes.  It's scary as fuck how many of the large kill counts belong to nurses, doctors, or those who otherwise work in healthcare.  Based on that list, if you can stay out of hospitals and Detroit you have a really good chance of never running into a serial killer.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that there are likely a TON of active serial killers out there, like 50-100. It's just most of them don't stick to the same areas or methods so patterns don't get identified. Think long haul truckers killing prostitutes around the country. That kind of thing.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that there are likely a TON of active serial killers out there, like 50-100. It's just most of them don't stick to the same areas or methods so patterns don't get identified. Think long haul truckers killing prostitutes around the country. That kind of thing.

I mean, there’s not a TON of us, I mean them.

21 hours ago, Deej said:

Really disliked that book. 

Just curious, what did you dislike? 

I may be a little bias, as i was a kid in the 80's living in Orange County so I could kind of relate.  We would often sleep with windows wide open or the slider open to let the cool air come in.  We lived in one of those bedroom communities near mile square park where homes were separated by the cinder block fences that the killer was able to easily navigate from one house to the next and get to roof tops with no problem, easy escape route.

Overall I found it really good. It read like a horror novel imo.

38 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

Y'all inspired me to google Patton's wife-- apparently died with cocaine, fentanyl and xanax in the system which she abused to cope with the darkness she delved into with her serial killer / true crime stuff.

When you stare into the abyss, it stares back, I guess.

Add "true crime obsession" to the list of things I can now blame my problems on. 

Serial killer seems to be "on a mission".

https://thegrio.com/2022/10/05/police-california-serial-killer-on-a-mission-in-slayings/

Police: California serial killer ‘on a mission’ in slayings

“We don’t know what the motive is. What we do believe is that it’s mission-oriented,” Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden said Tuesday. “This person’s on a mission.”

Associated Press  |  

Oct 5, 2022

STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) — A California serial killer seems to be “on a mission” throughout the fatal shooting of six men and the wounding of one woman dating back to last year.

Ballistics tests and some video evidence linked the crimes in Stockton and Oakland, about 70 miles (110 kilometers) apart, police said.

“We don’t know what the motive is. What we do believe is that it’s mission-oriented,” Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden said Tuesday. “This person’s on a mission.”

The first fatal shooting was in Oakland in April 2021. The woman was wounded in Stockton days later. More than a year passed, then the five killings in Stockton took place between July 8 and Sept. 27, all within a radius of a few square miles, police said.

In this undated surveillance image released by the Stockton Police Department, a grainy still image of a “person of interest,” dressed all in black and wearing a black cap, who appeared in videos from several of the homicide crime scenes in Stockton. Ballistics tests have linked the fatal shootings of six men and the wounding of one woman in California— all potentially at the hands of a serial killer — in crimes going back more than a year, police said Monday. (Stockton Police Department via AP)

Although police would not say whether all seven shootings had been linked to the same gun, McFadden alluded to a single pistol during the news conference.

“I have absolutely no answer as to why that pistol went dormant for over 400 days,” between the April 2021 shootings and the first case this summer, the chief said.

Authorities last week announced that five men in Stockton were ambushed and shot to death, alone in the dark. On Monday, police said the two additional cases last year had been tied to those killings.

A person of interest is being sought in connection with the bloodshed — they appear on video at several of the crime scenes — but no evidence directly links them to the shootings, McFadden said. He said some of the victims were homeless and some were not.

There is a $125,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Police are fielding hundreds of tips daily, as well as submitting additional evidence in case other crimes in the state can be connected to the spate of shootings.

The first killing targeted Juan Vasquez Serrano, 39, in Oakland at around 4:15 a.m. on April 10, 2021. He was shot multiple times, according to the Alameda County coroner’s bureau. It was not immediately clear if he was alone when he was killed.

In the nonfatal attack, the 46-year-old woman told investigators that she was inside her tent on April 16, 2021 at about 3:20 a.m. when she heard someone walking around outside.

“When she came out of her tent, she encountered someone holding a gun,” McFadden said.

The suspect fired multiple shots, wounding the woman, but she tried to defend herself by advancing toward her attacker, the chief said. The shooter lowered the gun.

In this undated surveillance image released by the Stockton Police Department, a grainy still image of a “person of interest,” dressed all in black and wearing a black cap, who appeared in videos from several of the homicide crime scenes in Stockton. Ballistics tests have linked the fatal shootings of six men and the wounding of one woman in California— all potentially at the hands of a serial killer — in crimes going back more than a year, police said Monday. (Stockton Police Department via AP)

“She said there were no words mentioned at all,” McFadden said.

The woman described the attacker as wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled up, dark-colored pants and an all-black COVID-style face mask.

In the fatal Stockton cases, none of the men were robbed or beaten before the killings, and none appeared to have known one another, Stockton Police Officer Joseph Silva said. The shootings also do not appear to be related to gangs or drugs.

The San Joaquin County Office of the Medical Examiner identified the Stockton victims as Paul Yaw, 35, who died July 8; Salvador Debudey Jr., 43, who died Aug. 11; Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez, 21, who died Aug. 30; Juan Cruz, 52, who died Sept. 21; and Lawrence Lopez Sr., 54, who died Sept. 27.

Lopez was shot shortly before 2 a.m. in a residential area just north of downtown.

He “was just a person who was out here at the wrong place, at the wrong time, at the wrong circumstance,” his brother, Jerry Lopez, told KXTV-TV. “It’s hard to process that this has happened.”

There may even be multiple people involved in the violence.

“To be honest, we just don’t know,” Silva said. “This person or people who are out doing this, they are definitely very bold and brazen.”

Police said four of the Stockton homicide victims were walking alone and a fifth was in a parked car when they were killed in the evening or early morning. Stockton is a city of 320,000 residents, about 50 miles (80 kilometers) south of the state capital, Sacramento.

21 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

What the hell is up with Bay Area and serial killers? Zodiac, GSK, the Doodler…hell, even Richard Ramirez came up for a little trip. And Ted Kaczynski taught at Cal. 

Hopefully in this regard we can all agree "Don't California my Texas!"

...not that Texas doesn't have our share.

On 10/4/2022 at 5:58 PM, TexEx15 said:

Hopefully they catch this dude quick. Looks like at least 6 victims to date.

https://ktla.com/news/california/police-connect-oakland-victim-to-series-of-killings-in-stockton/

Still fewer than the shitheads who shoot up schools.

This person has nothing on the Sandy Hook, Uvalde, Parkland, Columbine, _____ killers. 

• Like 1