Season Beatings - Violent Night Trailer - Santa fucks em up

Post Oak

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Just got out of this movie. It is amazing. Loved Santa’s backstory on why he can kick ass. Go see this. It’s basically Die Hard but hilarious and hilariously violent. Makes Die Hard look like The Wiggles.

I was just on the phone with a friend and told him to go see this movie. I laughed all the way through it and the fight scenes were really cool. This is now on the shortlist of must-see Christmas movies every year. David Harbour did an awesome job as Santa.

And I agree about the backstory. That was a fantastic add-on to Santa’s past and why he is a killing machine.

Edited by UpperWestside

The only thing I would've changed...

Spoiler

Mrs. Claus should've delivered Skull Crusher earlier so that he could've used it instead of the sledgehammer.  That 10 second scene felt a bit out of place where it was included. No, Mrs. Claus, he can't use it because you're a day late delivering it.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, austingirl said:

It is Die Hard meets Home Alone...

...meets The Ref meets Bad Santa...meets Christmas Vacation with a straight up role for Ellen 😄 

literally an amalgam of every caustic inappropriate Christmas movie...with QT-level violence.

what an ingenious idea for a holiday movie! 😆 it was a hoot.

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 1

This was fantastic.  As good as it could be IMO.  There was nothing about it I did not like.  Well, I take that back I don't like John Leguizamo and he's featured about as often as Santa.  Wife normally does not finish movies like this with over the top violence but she liked this one.

• Hook 'Em 1

That the cast chose to be in it, gives it a chance with me. Good leads. They didn't have to do it.

That I sorta think Santa as an icon should not be fucked with in commercials, movies, or TV lowers its chances with me.

That Santa has to look back for the explosion is cathartic after the worn out shot of someone walking away from something spectacular and not looking book suggests some fun. 

This board is torn. So am I. Maybe I'll give it a shot when it's free.

Edited by RomaVicta

• 1 month later...

Streaming free on Peacock now so my daughter and watched it tonight.  I hate Christmas, so I can get behind a movie with a drunk Santa that vomits and pisses off of his sleigh, and them fucks people’s shit up with skullcrusher.  We really enjoyed it.  It’s my new favorite Christmas movie.  I’m going to watch this and Fatman every year.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 9 months later...
6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Is this movie something you can watch with older in laws?  They don’t mind violence or light vulgarity.  But too

much ???

Unless your in-laws are Puritanicals they should be okay. Seeing Beverly D’angelo in this was awesome since she is now in my first and second favorite Christmas movies.