Best driving routes to Cotton Bowl for the game?

Lemmon heading east which turns into Haskell after Cityplace. Take that all the way. When you get to around 30, it's probably going to slow down greatly. Have your friend drop you off around there and walk right into the Fair by the Women's Museum. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I think the theme here is get east early if you’re coming from northern DFW.

Yep. And stay away from Stemmons/I-30 because all of the Okie meth heads that can't afford a Dallas hotel room on Friday night will be coming in that way. 

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

Lemmon heading east which turns into Haskell after Cityplace. Take that all the way. When you get to around 30, it's probably going to slow down greatly. Have your friend drop you off around there and walk right into the Fair by the Women's Museum. 

In the past, i have found heading east on Fitzhugh, or Lemmon, and approaching the Fairgrounds from the north on backstreets to be pretty effective.  We used to park at Fannie Harris Elementary on Grand, just north of the Fair and enter on that side.  It was a fundraiser for the school and an actual parking lot, so safe and not a total clusterflop.  But Harris Elementary is now basically a homeless student center and I'm not sure does the parking thing anymore.  I'm not sure about actual State Fair parking on the north side.

It is also generally easier to get out on sidestreets to the north.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

We park off Military Pkwy/Haskell at the State Fair lot over by the RV parking and Oak Farms Dairy. We get in and out pretty quickly. It's a bit of a hike to the gates but there's a tram that picks you up and takes you most of the way. We enter over by the Livestock Center. 

https://goo.gl/maps/4vc5LtPcN5H2pRWN7

This has been my go-to for years.  It is very easy in and out.  Used to have a friend that had a primo RV tailgate every year but unfortunately that ended last year.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/5/2022 at 6:05 PM, mdmost said:

This worked very well. Thank you!

\m/

• Hook 'Em 1