Don't be trying to eat McDonalds in a McDonalds parking lot...

52-80

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

A lot of people think that intersection is hood but I don’t really think so. Definitely a fair amount of crime around there though, and probably 2-3 homicides a year within a 2 mile radius. Very good Chinese place on the other end of that parking lot.

As someone who lives and San Antonio and loves San Antonio, that intersection isnt great, but it isn’t hood. There are much worse parts of town.

Then again the only nice parts of SA are the Far north/northwest side and Alamo Heights. 

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That HEB right there had decent chinese food.  That sombrero rosa was where I discovered my love affair with quesadillas.  

I remember people saying that about the Chinese food but I never tried it. That Sombrero Rosa was where we would go after drinking beer on Bud lake back in high school.

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Cop should have just reported a "hamburglary in progress," and all would have been well.  Mayor McCheese would have cleared him and had him back on duty in a heartbeat.

Bad puns like that make me grimace.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

that after-action report by the cop is mind bottling. 

YOU WILDLY OPEN THE DOOR UNANNOUNCED, YELL AT HIM TO GET OUT OF THE CAR pointed a gun at him..... at no point in the entire interaction did you identify yourself as a cop, you dont say shit other than get out of the car....

and the kid panics because at no point did the cop tell him he was a cop, and he can honestly claim he thought he was being carjacked.......

the open door lightly brushing you, BECAUSE YOU FUCKING OPENED IT ILLEGALLY, and thats your justification to shoot the kid?

plus HOW IN THE HOLY FUCK did he resist arrest?  The cop never ID'd himself as a cop and the kid is getting away from a perceived danger.... which becomes actual danger when Barney Fife starts blasting away at a retreating vehicle that he has not confirmed is even a wanted felon.

according to the aggy cop tweet above this is just woke bullshit.     We all know that untrained citizens (and illegals, especially the brown/black kind) should be held to a higher standard than cops.   Cops have families to go home to.  citizens eating in a parking lot don't. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Captainant said:

Block the kid in for what though? The cop thought the car looked like one that tried to evade him the day before, so therefore the cop has the right to assault and accost anyone he thinks may be a suspect? What the fuck kind of shit is that?

The cop identified the car, but not the perp who evaded him. It could have been a friend, relative, etc. of the perp who has NO idea what's going on, and ran because he saw a shadowy figure with a gun.

The cop needs to go to jail just like a "civilian" would if they pulled something like that.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Maybe the cop was pissed the dude got the last Adult Happy Meal.

https://fortune.com/2022/10/06/mcdonalds-adult-happy-meal-workers-reddit-tiktok/

But while potential customers were excited about the special promotion—and the limited edition toys—McDonald’s employees were less enthusiastic about dealing with a rush of customers. “I can see the stress among my coworkers,” one employee told Kotaku. 

Employees are venting on social media, like TikTok and Reddit. “Y’all, please stop ordering these,” posted one employee on TikTok. Another employee wrote, “They going crazy with the adult Happy Meals,” over a video showing the number of Happy Meal orders.

“New Adult Happy meals are killing me,” said one post on the McDonald’s employees subreddit. 

“We ran out of boxes the first day we had them, ran out of toys the second, and on the third day we had to say the truck doesn’t come till tomorrow,” wrote one commenter elsewhere on the subreddit. “It’s been…not fun.”

On 10/6/2022 at 10:34 AM, SquishMitten said:

"The officer reported that he was hit by the open door as Cantu started to reverse the vehicle. The officer then stepped back and opened fire on the vehicle as Cantu continued to reverse away from him. Cantu shifted the vehicle to drive and then turned away from the Officer to leave. The Officer shot several times at the fleeing vehicle and then ran after the vehicle. Cantu suffered multiple gunshot wounds, he was transported to University Hospital, where he underwent surgery. His passenger was uninjured. Cantu was charged with evading detention in a vehicle and assault on a peace officer."

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

It's San Antonio. They'll probably charge the passenger with attempted murder of the cop as well.

On Friday, District Attorney Joe Gonzales announced his office had rejected the charges — evading detention in a vehicle and assault on a peace officer — against the 17-year-old, “at least for now,” while he remains in a hospital in “critical but stable condition.”

After new officers complete training, which includes 15 weeks of field training alongside another officer, they are placed on probation for one year. These probationary officers can be fired without notice or cause by the chief, according to the police union’s employment contract with the city.

That means they are not entitled to the same appeal process that full-fledged officers may employ.

Edited by Beau Vine

On 10/6/2022 at 10:34 AM, SquishMitten said:

"The officer reported that he was hit by the open door as Cantu started to reverse the vehicle. The officer then stepped back and opened fire on the vehicle as Cantu continued to reverse away from him. Cantu shifted the vehicle to drive and then turned away from the Officer to leave. The Officer shot several times at the fleeing vehicle and then ran after the vehicle. Cantu suffered multiple gunshot wounds, he was transported to University Hospital, where he underwent surgery. His passenger was uninjured. Cantu was charged with evading detention in a vehicle and assault on a peace officer."

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

This is Texas.

the kind of criminal justice that Cornyn, Abbott, Patrick, and indictment Paxton support.

• Hook 'Em 1

kid is still not conscious and on life support 

1 - Stories still mention cop suspected car to have evaded him the night before AND he suspected it stolen. Of course none go on to confirm that or even mention it is being followed up on, so I’m just going to assume it was a lie, just like the car door hitting him. 

2 - he’s been arrested

3 - he’s fucked. union is not backing him because he’s less than a year on the force 

The San Antonio Police Officer's Association had no comment immediately following Brennand's dismissal from the force, but in a new statement to ABC News, the president of the union, Danny Diaz, said that the organization will not represent Brennand because he had not completed his 1-year probationary period for new officers at the time of the shooting.

"New police recruits must complete a 1-year probationary period before becoming eligible for benefits provided by the union," Diaz said. "We understand the San Antonio Police Department's decision to terminate Officer James Brennand but will refrain from further comment

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/san-antonio-police-fired-shooting-17-year-mcdonalds/story?id=91249594

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 8:03 PM, MrBig said:

This guy seems like an ex-military wannabe commando. He has no fucking idea how to engage. The most field action he probably saw was setting up COVID tents in New York. 

Where are you getting this and why are you disparaging the military over the actions of this clown? 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/6/2022 at 10:06 AM, Anastasis said:

Did that cop say that he had identified a car that previously fled from him when he was calling in backup?  And then this kid dropped it in reverse when he was approached.

Dumbass had just called in a backup.  Wait for the backup, or why not block him in with your cruiser?  No, let's creep up on him and start blasting. 

ECBC3AEE-F9FC-45EF-BD4B-4D82ADD67F8C.gif

On 10/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, Brisketexan said:

Cop should have just reported a "hamburglary in progress," and all would have been well.  Mayor McCheese would have cleared him and had him back on duty in a heartbeat.

Damn, you guys are slow on the uptake.

Eating a burger is a "furtive" movement.

On 10/12/2022 at 12:48 AM, Cornpop said:

Where are you getting this and why are you disparaging the military over the actions of this clown? 

I’m not disparaging the military. My brother is a cop who served in the Marines from 2002-2010. He says the younger cops from the military are a different kind of police officer. They don’t engage properly and swing their dicks around thinking the police badge is a platinum shield. It’s not a game for the older guys. There’s a difference between dealing with someone who is openly hostile versus creating an unnecessarily hostile situation because you feel protected by your police badge.

• Hook 'Em 4

Keep hoping the next bump will be an update saying the victim's condition has improved. Unfortunately, it remains critical as he is still on life support after being shot in the stomach, liver, diaphragm, lungs and arms.

From two days ago:

The 17-year-old boy who was shot by a Texas police officer multiple times in a McDonald's parking lot is undergoing surgery to patch up holes in his organs, according to the family lawyer. 

The lawyer, Brian Powers, told Insider that Erik Cantu, who appeared to be eating a burger in his car before he was shot on October 2, remains on life support. 

"It's been two weeks of pure misery since the day Erik was shot multiple times at close range with a .40 caliber," said Powers in a text message on behalf of the family.

"The bullets brutally tore through his stomach, liver, diaphragm, lungs and arms," Powers continued. "Bullets from the two rounds grazed him deeply on other places of his body. His body has suffered so much from the damage and invasive surgeries to keep him alive."

https://www.insider.com/17-erik-cantu-life-support-officer-shooting-surgery-stomach-liver-2022-10

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

My brother is a cop who served in the Marines from 2002-2010. He says the younger cops from the military are a different kind of police officer. They don’t engage properly and swing their dicks around thinking the police badge is a platinum shield.

0f2fa14a70396aa26531cf5451039554.jpg

Truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did we ever find out if the car was actually the same car from before, as the cop claimed?  Or just same model and color?

It was the same car as day before, girlfriend said she was also in car the when they had evaded the officer. Cops confirmed the car wasn’t stolen but it did have paper plates not registered to it on there. Police have found no evidence of any other criminal activity so far.

I think Cantu made a few bad/stupid choices to put himself in a bad spot, but I also think that cop was wrong to open fire like that. And was very wrong in the way he initiated the contact.