Velma enjoys the ladies

Bateshorn

Like, no shit Sherlock.

Apparently this is the new horror/ outrage Libs have visited upon America.

Did people not know Velma was gay?  It wasn’t even really a secret in my mind.  Shaggy smokes pot, Scoobie snacks are meth, and Velma is gay.  This isn’t rocket surgery.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1. I 'spose it seems weird to sexualize a cartoon character any way. 

2. Who gives a shit? I had that one thought and then went on about my life because this shit doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

2. Who gives a shit? I had that one thought and then went on about my life because this shit doesn't matter.

Well they finished their outrage over black Ariel and black hobbits and had to move on to something new.

Oh and Lizzo playing a John Madison's flute or something. 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Definitely don’t google Rule 34.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The gay community historically has had to do things like this because until recently our overt, positive representation in media was slim to none.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

I get we have a generally low standard around this place, but even still.... This is worthy of a thread in CR?

I could drop it in Movies and TV, but somebody would get bent out of shape and start screaming NO CR!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Definitely don’t google Rule 34.

Orrr… do. 

22 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Not since cosplay has become a thing 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.bca263136357f50e835cad410e6898bc.jpeg

Edit - shit. Saw the thread title and didn’t realize this was CR. I feel dirty now, and not because of the rule 34 pictures I just washed through. 

Edited by UT_OB1

28 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Like, no shit Sherlock.

Apparently this is the new horror/ outrage Libs have visited upon America.

Did people not know Velma was gay?  It wasn’t even really a secret in my mind.  Shaggy smokes pot, Scoobie snacks are meth, and Velma is gay.  This isn’t rocket surgery.

Wait until they find out Jesus was brown. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Wait a minute--you didn't think Cheetara was sexualized?

Mmmmmm, Cheetara.

Stream Cheetara Theme (ThunderCats) by Melamis | Listen online for free on  SoundCloud

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

8 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Wait until they find out Jesus was brown. 

Jesus is white with blue eyes in every church they've ever been in and any representations of Brown Jesus are obviously part of the Leftist plot to replace white people in this country.  Apparently they think Bethlehem is right up the road from Munich.

48 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well they finished their outrage over black Ariel and black hobbits and had to move on to something new.

I could be and probably am very off base here.  But I sometimes feel like all of these 'controversies' are actually stoked mainly for attracting eyeballs and clicks to 'news' stories about them.  And in some instances to help sell films.  Meaning perhaps a few nutters that nobody should be paying attention to anyway say something about black Ariel. Then some folks find those tweets or Insta posts and go HAM with counter memes, tweets, posts, e.t.c.  Then we all go click on some website to read bout the hubub.

The phrase 'perpetual outrage machine' comes to mind.  Not sure who coined it, so if that is a loaded phrase, forgive me.  But were there really all that many people upset about the flute playing?   So that then I'm bombarded with the counter memes about folks I would never know about in the first place?  

We need an 'ignore' button for most the internet these days it seems.

Apologies if I'm off base here.  Maybe because I haven't had cable in so many years I'm very wrong and Fox nightly went off on all this, and CNN did the 'they're saying all this' stuff.  It just all starts to feel like a ploy to get me to pay attention to things I would normally never even know.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

John Madden's flute?

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

If Snoopy's a cat I am going nonlinear.

Worse. He is a dog that identifies as a cat and actually uses a litter box. Probably why all of these damn schools are all allowing such shenanigans in our classrooms.

On 10/6/2022 at 12:38 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

not bad, but I was always more of a Teela man prepubescent teen myself.

d2z59pb-c4525e17-baa8-4fc8-81a6-cdc38fa7

I enjoyed Evil-Lyn's MILFyness and you know Skeletor's not delivering the goods.

200.gif

he-man-fabulous.gif

• Haha 2

On 10/6/2022 at 11:46 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Where you been your whole life? Cartoons and toys been sexualized for decades. Barbie much? It's only a big deal because its not hetero. I get it though. For years we black people never had representation either, so I bet the gays were super excited to get someone. Just like them only seeing your people as maids, janitors, gangsters, pushers, and pimps can be super frustrating. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1