Loudest DKR Moment You've Experienced

hornfan785

9 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

1999 Nebraska. Applewhitr to Mike Jones for the game winning TD lit that stadium and the whole city on fire. 

This is mine.

I was sitting in the upper deck right above that corner of the endzone when Jones rumbled in. That deck was swaying like a motherfucker.

I was also there for Westbrook's hit on Kinder, and I think the Jones TD was significantly louder.

The thing about the 1990 Houston game was the entire crowd showd up with the goal to disrupt the Houston offense. I recall most of their plays being audibled at the line. It started loud and just got louder with every snap. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Hemisphere Arena Spurs games were just old school awesome.  You could smoke and so many people ripped heaters that there was a perpetual smoke fog covering the nosebleeds.  Don’t forget how brutal the Baseline Bums were, nothing was out of bounds, lol.  

Loved games in that old barn.

I think Alabama was the loudest game. (Sat in N. end zone, second deck)

Ricky's Run was loudest sustained moment. (Stood on East side, ~ 30 yard line, ~ 20th row.)

Ricky's run started loud, and got louder as be broke through the line, and just got louder and louder 'til he scored, like Marty McFly cranking the giant amp to 11.

Boom!

1506537373-blawn.gif

4 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

This, no doubt.  It was the first year of our twenty-five year season ticket run, and nothing afterward ever came close.

If the stadium was more closed in like it is today, the Bama game wouldn't have been close. 

16 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

also remember the 1994 game vs Colorado and Kordell Stewart being rowdy. They had beat Michigan the week before on a Hail Mary pass to win

Shea Morenz got hurt and came out gimpy and led Texas to tie the score. Great times. Then he couldn't play against OU and we had to run out that unknown back up James Brown. 

Too bad about the defense giving up 400 yards rushing.

Edited by Valmy77

One that may not have been mentioned was that 2015 game against Cal.  Jerrod Heard had that long run at the end of the game to tie it up once we kicked the field goal.  We had seats on the goal line.  It was my younger son's first game.  He was maybe 6 or 7.  I was surfing him over him over my head and the noise was deafening.  Then, it went from one of the loudest I'd heard things to the quietest when Nick Rose missed that extra point.  Since we were on the goal line we didn't even see that it missed.  It stayed dead quiet as everyone filed out of the stadium.  Weird noise juxtaposition that.

Which ttech game was it that Aaron Humphrey kept doing belly flops on Kingsbury?  We damned near killed him that night.  That was a fun and rowdy game.  But literally every night game when ttech came to town, a bunch of fights always broke out in the stands.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

If the stadium was more closed in like it is today, the Bama game wouldn't have been close. 

The thing about 1990 UH was the amount of booze imported to the stadium and absolute mayhem in the crowd.   I’ve never seen anything like the drunken rage experienced that night.   That crowd wanted to eat ….  Basically pissed off and ready to fight plus the whisky.   Might never be replicated.    

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

The thing about 1990 UH was the amount of booze imported to the stadium and absolute mayhem in the crowd.   I’ve never seen anything like the drunken rage experienced that night.   That crowd wanted to eat ….  Basically pissed off and ready to fight plus the whisky.   Might never be replicated.    

I was an 18 year old drunk as shit freshman. Shit was wild.  

15 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Louded sustained crowd noise As mentioned, UH 1990

Other games where I was in attendance.

Ricky breaking the all time rushing record

ND OT game in 2016?

WV in 2012 was an awesome night...although an L. Jump Around was fun to watch/see

Was not at the ‘90 UH game, but was at the other 3 mentioned, and these were the exact games that I thought of. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This thread pops up every other year...  The answer never changes.

UH @ Texas 90.

The KSU @ Texas game where VY had the anke pretzel got really loud when Mock came in... It was like the fans knew the team was going to need to keep that VY energy going with VYs ankle snapped off.

19 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

The Mizzou game is probably it, but one I don't often see mentioned is the aggy game from that year. I feel like there was a moment when we had them pinned deep in the NEZ and the crowd was lit as fuck. Obviously this was during the style points comparison with OU and the Big 12 title bid so the crowd was really lively.

I think that was their last drive of the first half. They actually managed to move the ball, but we’re actually in negative yardage territory up to that point for the half. 

I looked at my brother and asked if he’d ever seen a team have negative yardage at halftime.

15 hours ago, midtown said:

I was at Ricky run.  in the upper deck.  I swear that fucker was moving

yeah, that and mizzou 2008 are it for me. i was also in the upper deck that day and had made the early morning drive in from Dallas from Thanksgiving. 

though i do remember it getting pretty loud when we kicked the field goal against ucla in 97. there were about 10 of us left so the jeer echoed around the stadium. 

12 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

Was a junior that year. Didn't bring any with me to the stadium but I was so loaded I arrived that I was still wasted when it ended.