Austin Mayoral Race

What can you tell me about it? Feel like it's perhaps the most important to my day-to-day life, yet so little information.

From what I've seen, it's essentially a two-horse race between Watson and Israel. Virden seems a distant third.

Watson - Seems ok I guess, but a lot of more of the same, which I'm not really happy with. His proposals on his website seem pretty vague things like "increase efficiency" and "accountability sessions." Perhaps the most experienced candidate given he was already mayor.

Israel - Not a fan from what I've seen. Her platform seems to be that she is LGBTQ+ Latina, so we should vote for her. Strikes me as in the similar vein of some of our city council members who mean well, but don't seem to be very realistic. 

Virden - Actually speaks to the issues that have to biggest concern to me personally (cost of living, homeless issue). I know she is Republican... but is she "Republican" or "Trumper"? No city experience, which is a drawback. 

Some answers from candidates from a recent forum:

https://www.kut.org/politics/2022-10-06/heres-where-candidates-for-austin-mayor-stand-on-three-big-issues