Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread

Longhorn_Fan68

8 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

@Longhorn_Fan68 has one that was like $25 for the whole league/season last couple years, we'll see if it's still around. 

8 hours ago, wood said:

Nice. That sounds a helluva lot better than $140-160 for the season. Thanks!

caststreams.com 

Been using it for years. You get literally every game, home and away feeds. No dvr, but it's a steal anyway.  Think it's $28 this year. Fucking Biden and his inflation (even though this company is in Europe). 

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

caststreams.com 

Been using it for years. You get literally every game, home and away feeds. No dvr, but it's a steal anyway.  Think it's $28 this year. Fucking Biden and his inflation (even though this company is in Europe). 

Thanks! And yep, the inflation struggle is real everywhere, unfortunately. No cr.

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Again, show me a loss. In De Boer, we trust.

my pea-brain observation: all those years of disciplined, defensive hockey has finally culminated into a well-balanced team that plays responsibly but aggressively. Even when we turn the puck over there are already one or two guys back ready to break up the rush. 

Man, I totally see Marchment being the next Ott/Rous, but with more offensive upside. I think the Dallas faithful will really grow to like him. And he seems to be a hit with the ladies, so, bonus?

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

my pea-brain observation: all those years of disciplined, defensive hockey has finally culminated into a well-balanced team that plays responsibly but aggressively. Even when we turn the puck over there are already one or two guys back ready to break up the rush. 

Man, I totally see Marchment being the next Ott/Rous, but with more offensive upside. I think the Dallas faithful will really grow to like him. And he seems to be a hit with the ladies, so, bonus?

I don't think he'll approach their PIM numbers based on his history. Ott was a dirty player, God love him. Roussel was just a tough guy with limited offensive skill. Marchment was 18th in the Selke voting last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't think he'll approach their PIM numbers based on his history. Ott was a dirty player, God love him. Roussel was just a tough guy with limited offensive skill. Marchment was 18th in the Selke voting last year.

I was speaking more to his ability to get under the skin of the opposition. Not only can he score but he can make the other team focus on him, making way for his teammates

On 10/16/2022 at 3:10 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I was speaking more to his ability to get under the skin of the opposition. Not only can he score but he can make the other team focus on him, making way for his teammates

Gotcha. I have to admit I wasn't overly familiar with Marchment other than he was Bryan's son since he was playing in the East. And we all know Bryan was a colossal prick.

Love to have a guy like that who seems to actually be able to put the puck in the net with some regularity in addition to being a pest on the ice.

5 hours ago, markstanco said:

Nashville goalie. 

4 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

They also let one of the best goalies in the AHL walk to Arizona...whoops.

Well, he was a Vezina finalist last year so I doubt they're hitting the panic button just yet.

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Gotcha. I have to admit I wasn't overly familiar with Marchment other than he was Bryan's son since he was playing in the East. And we all know Bryan was a colossal prick.

Love to have a guy like that who seems to actually be able to put the puck in the net with some regularity in addition to being a pest on the ice.

Well, he was a Vezina finalist last year so I doubt they're hitting the panic button just yet.

yeah, does anyone think M-A Fleury is getting shipped out of Minny anytime soon? It's the first few games of the season. Little matters.