Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread

Longhorn_Fan68

23 minutes ago, Skipper said:

That loss by the Wild puts the Stars in the #2 slot in the central at worst right?  Think Stars have tiebreakers against both Wild and Avs if there is a tie.

Yep. Stars can now finish no worse than 2nd.

And goddamn—the last seven minutes of that game were some 90s era Red Wings-Ava shit. Dirty hits, full line brawls. I was fully expecting a goalie fight.

• Like 1

So there's just a couple games left, right? We're trying to win the division over the Avs - is that a big deal when it comes to playoff seeding?

Sorry for being a fair weather pussy I just don't have the bandwidth to follow the NHL regular season. 

Just now, ztejas said:

So there's just a couple games left, right? We're trying to win the division over the Avs - is that a big deal when it comes to playoff seeding?

Sorry for being a fair weather pussy I just don't have the bandwidth to follow the NHL regular season. 

It's less important than avoiding Colorado and Edmonton in the first round, which we have. Win the division and face Seattle in the first round, basically. Would have home-ice against any team not named Vegas or Edmonton. Lose and we'll host Minnesota in the first round -- and probably Colorado in Round 2 if we win. The Avs would have home-ice. We've been pretty good on the road this year but would probably rather have that extra home game against the Avs if we can get it.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wedgewood is horrid

It hasn't been good. We could easily be down 4-2 right now. Since he's come back from the injury, he's definitely not playing with patience or letting his size work for him. Instead he's lunging and getting out of position wayyy too much. 

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Going to first stars game in person tomorrow. Any suggestions on what I should do for parking?

Whatever you do, don't park in the garage across the street.

I have been to a couple of games this season. I park on the back side of the arena by Harry Hines. Vacant lot by the Rolex building. It was 20 bucks. 

The /Walgreens place is 20 and a little closer.

Adding, the last 2 weeks have been awesome. I think after tonight with wedge mixed in twice we have given up 8 and scored 21ish?

Peaking at the right time.

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

All I know is the greatest playoffs in sports is about to start and we have a good fucking team going in!

I'm more than ready to make a jackass out of myself and post more than what's warranted during the playoffs. 

Let's go Stars. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The /Walgreens place is 20 and a little closer.

Adding, the last 2 weeks have been awesome. I think after tonight with wedge mixed in twice we have given up 8 and scored 21ish?

Peaking at the right time.

I'm used to that spot. I park there for an account in the area on the reg. Easy access and easy escape route. I don't get on 35 until Empire just to get away from the bullshit.

19 hours ago, C-Man said:

It's less important than avoiding Colorado and Edmonton in the first round, which we have. Win the division and face Seattle in the first round, basically. Would have home-ice against any team not named Vegas or Edmonton. Lose and we'll host Minnesota in the first round -- and probably Colorado in Round 2 if we win. The Avs would have home-ice. We've been pretty good on the road this year but would probably rather have that extra home game against the Avs if we can get it.

Agreed.  But lol on your gun jumping on Wedgewood yesterday. 

33 minutes ago, markstanco said:

We should have a home game Monday. Anybody in? I’m fucking going if so.

My Apple Wallet awaits your ticket. I’ll buy all the beer.