Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread

Longhorn_Fan68

On 4/13/2023 at 4:06 PM, Porterhouse said:

Agreed.  But lol on your gun jumping on Wedgewood yesterday. 

He’s not very good and is a massive drop off from Jake. If he plays again before October, the plane has crashed into the goddamn mountain.

On 4/13/2023 at 10:09 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Avs have tiebreaker with Dallas?

On 4/13/2023 at 10:19 PM, markstanco said:

Yea I think they have us by a game. But they still have one more but need to lose in regulation.

Doesn’t matter now but the Stars held the tiebreaker over Colorado due to having more wins in regulation during the season. We just needed them to get zero or point against Nashville but MacKinnon went full MacKinnon mode, it appears.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

He’s not very good and is a massive drop off from Jake. If he plays again before October, the plane has crashed into the goddamn mountain.

Massive drop?  No. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

When on his game, Jake can steal a playoff series. He’s one of the best four or five goalies in the game. Wedgewood is probably in the lower half, if not closer to the bottom, as far as backup NHL netminders go.

Yet the statistical difference between them isn’t vast. Is there a drop-off?  Yes.  Is it massive?  Nope. 

13 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Yet the statistical difference between them isn’t vast. Is there a drop-off?  Yes.  Is it massive?  Nope. 

Wedgewood doesn’t draw many assignments against top teams either. Again, I don’t think many opposing teams would take him over their current backups.

Somewhat adding on to my post in the inflation thread last week but I think the Stars way overpriced their single game round 1 tix.  There are a lot of really good seats available for tonight's game.  I mean if you have center ice 7th row available (arguably overall best seats int he arena) available for "face" for a playoff game, you probably fucked up your pricing.  I can't make it tonight regardless but sucks there will be unsold seats.