Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Robo. Damn. What a gem. 

Paraphrasing of course, but when asked what struck Mike Modano most about meeting Jason Robertson for the first time.. "i didn't realize he was so tall!"

The league is waking up and so is Robo. You could tell he was suppressing emotion on the bench when they announced his 100th point. He's focused but he knows he's making history. The fact that it gives him pause gives me the most hope. I don't see his ego getting in the way of him doing great things. And that's amazing for us

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 3

Central Division

Dallas ... 98 points (77 games)

Minnesota ... 98 points (77 games)

Colorado ... 96 points (75 games)

Remaining Schedules (opponents' current point totals in parentheses):

DAL: vs PHI (71), vs VGS (103), @ DET (77), @ STL (77), vs STL (77 -- 2nd night of B2B with same team)

MIN: @ PIT (86), vs STL (77), @ CHI (54), vs WIN (89), @ NSH (84)

COL: @ SJ (59), @ SJ (59), @ LAK (100), @ ANA (56 -- 2nd night of B2B), vs EDM (99), vs WIN (89), @ NSH (84 -- 2nd night of B2B)

As you can see, the Avs have two back-to-backs in their final seven games. Edmonton is jockeying with the Kings for home-ice in the first round so they both have something to play for and even though it's a long shot, it's possible Nashville could be fighting Winnipeg for that final wild card spot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

When Miro and Suter are on the ice at the same time I rage. Miro has to play rover and can’t press with his old ass out there.

4-1 bro, we're good

but yeah, I get what you're saying. i think suter needs to be out there. he's not the outlier people make him out to be. but i think  he needs to be paired a lunqvist (sp?) type player where he can add stability to an offensively minded and aggressively forward focused skater like Harley (or Lundqvist, as i mentioned)

Updated:

Central Division

Dallas ... 100 points (4 games remaining)

Colorado ... 100 points (5 games remaining)

Minnesota ... 98 points (4 games remaining)

Remaining Schedules (opponents' current point totals in parentheses):

DAL: vs VGS (106), @ DET (80), @ STL (81), vs STL (81 -- 2nd night of B2B with same team)

MIN: vs STL (81), @ CHI (56), vs WIN (89), @ NSH (88)

COL: @ LAK (100), @ ANA (56 -- 2nd night of B2B), vs EDM (103), vs WIN (89), @ NSH (88 -- 2nd night of B2B)

Stars currently hold the tie-breaker over Colorado and Minnesota due to Regulation Wins. The Stars have 36, the Avs have 33 and the Wild have 32. If the chalk holds, the Stars and Avs finish tied at 106 points with Dallas likely winning the division due to more RWs. That probably leaves the Stars #3 in the West, hopefully ahead of the Kings, and a first-round matchup against Seattle.

The Stars almost certainly can't catch Vegas and probably can't catch up to Edmonton either. Edmonton has 43 RW wins and Vegas has 36. Those two teams have three games remaining. Vegas finishes @ Dallas and then home-and-home with Seattle. Edmonton ends with road games at San Jose and Colorado before ending regular season with the Sharks at home. The Kings have 100 points and finish with home games against Colorado and Vancouver before finishing on the "road" at Anaheim. The Kings have 35 RWs.

• Hook 'Em 1