Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread

Longhorn_Fan68

If this thing breaks right, we can still take 1 seed and play Nash or Winn in first round. But it’d help to have the Ducks win this mofo. 

We aren’t catching Vegas or Edmonton.

Avs get bullshit power play in OT and convert it for the win.

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We aren’t catching Vegas or Edmonton.

Avs get bullshit power play in OT and convert it for the win.

Catching Vegas is simple. Catching Edmonton (and Avs) is much tougher. Much tougher now that that pederast got his second fucking PP goal in 10 minutes. Motherfuck. 

Edited by Porterhouse

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Vegas can easily lose its last 2 games. 

Maybe. But the margin of error for the Stars to get to #1 is razor thin -- and the Stars will have to jump three teams to get there. The max points Dallas can get to is 108. Vegas is sitting at 107. Both teams have 36 regulation wins. Any combination of two "lost" points -- Stars not winning or Vegas losing twice in regulation -- and #1 is gone. At this point, I just want Dallas to avoid Colorado in Round 1.

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Maybe. But the margin of error for the Stars to get to #1 is razor thin -- and the Stars will have to jump three teams to get there. The max points Dallas can get to is 108. Vegas is sitting at 107. Both teams have 36 regulation wins. Any combination of two "lost" points -- Stars not winning or Vegas losing twice in regulation -- and #1 is gone. At this point, I just want Dallas to avoid Colorado in Round 1.

They’re playing a very hungry Kraken team against whom they’ve not fared well twice. We have an average schedule. 

Edmonton, Avs, Vegas - in that order - are most difficult to least difficult to move past. Edmonton and Colorado are the two best teams in the conference with Dallas a close third. 

38 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

They’re playing a very hungry Kraken team against whom they’ve not fared well twice. We have an average schedule. 

Edmonton, Avs, Vegas - in that order - are most difficult to least difficult to move past. Edmonton and Colorado are the two best teams in the conference with Dallas a close third. 

I just don’t see Edmonton doing anything in the playoffs beyond what they did last season. McJesus and Leon can win them games just off point production alone in the first round but their defense and goaltending is so bad still, and they lack physicality that good postseason teams generally possess. The West still goes through Denver imo. 

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Agreed on Colorado and Edmonton being the toughest Western opponents at this point.

Seattle, though, has taken on a little water of late and haven't played Vegas since meeting once in October and once in November. They split those games. If Vegas splits these two at a minimum, Dallas can't catch them.

2 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

I just don’t see Edmonton doing anything in the playoffs beyond what they did last season. McJesus and Leon can win them games just off point production alone in the first round but their defense and goaltending is so bad still, and they lack physicality that good postseason teams generally possess. The West still goes through Denver imo. 

Since March they are 16-3, and they are blowing (good) teams out. Yes, their goaltending and defense are suspect but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better offensive team. I do not want to face them. I would rather face Colorado.

Edited by Porterhouse

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Since March they are 16-3, and they are blowing (good) teams out. Yes, their goaltending and defense are suspect but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better offensive team. I do not want to face them. I would rather face Colorado.

I’m assuming you’re a Stars fan. Just looking at match ups, I think Dallas matches up far better against Edmonton than Colorado. Huge advantage in net and on the back end. Obviously the offensive fire power can’t be matched but nobody can match their top line. When matching up against Colorado, I think Dallas’ only advantage is in net, and it’s not a huge advantage as Georgiev is second in the league in wins and about even with Oettinger in save percentage. I think Colorado holds the advantage in almost every other category on the ice. McDavid and Leon will get their points but limiting their chances, staying out of the box, and forcing them away from the middle of the ice really takes them off their game. If I’m a western conference team, I’d much rather play an underachieving Oilers team than the Avs. 

• Drool 1

I’m assuming you’re a Stars fan. Just looking at match ups, I think Dallas matches up far better against Edmonton than Colorado. Huge advantage in net and on the back end. Obviously the offensive fire power can’t be matched but nobody can match their top line. When matching up against Colorado, I think Dallas’ only advantage is in net, and it’s not a huge advantage as Georgiev is second in the league in wins and about even with Oettinger in save percentage. I think Colorado holds the advantage in almost every other category on the ice. McDavid and Leon will get their points but limiting their chances, staying out of the box, and forcing them away from the middle of the ice really takes them off their game. If I’m a western conference team, I’d much rather play an underachieving Oilers team than the Avs. 

Agree with this to an extent, until they show it in the playoffs you’re unproven. Same thing I think with Robo on our side. I wondered last year if his style could transfer to playoffs because my recollection was that he was pretty much kept in check by Calgary last year.

This isn’t even in the top five best offensive teams in Edmonton’s history! Lulz

6 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

The Avs accept your admiration.  Now if they can just fucking get healthy, that would be super.  At this point I don't think Landeskog plays at all this year.  They've ruled him out through the regular season.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

This isn’t even in the top five best offensive teams in Edmonton’s history! Lulz

Mostly hyperbole, I wasn’t watching hockey back in Gretzky era, and they have 23 more goals than the best team (by far) in the league and 2nd highest scoring team.  They have 3 100-pointers. 

The Avs have a pretty tough schedule the rest of the way.  Oilers tonight, Jets Thursday, and then the Preds Friday.  All three of those teams may have something to play for (the Preds on Friday being the only question mark).

We just have two against St. Louis, and the Blues have already booked their tee times for this weekend.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

The Avs accept your admiration.  Now if they can just fucking get healthy, that would be super.  At this point I don't think Landeskog plays at all this year.  They've ruled him out through the regular season.

Didn’t realize just how injured they have been all season until now. Byram, Manson, Lehkonen, Makar, Landeskog, Nichuskin, Francouz, and Rodrigues have all missed significant time this season. I also don’t see how Landeskog plays at all this season. The first or second round of the playoffs isn’t exactly the time for finding your rhythm after coming back from an injury. 

• Like 1

The Avs have a pretty tough schedule the rest of the way.  Oilers tonight, Jets Thursday, and then the Preds Friday.  All three of those teams may have something to play for (the Preds on Friday being the only question mark).
We just have two against St. Louis, and the Blues have already booked their tee times for this weekend.

Nashville is about to be officially eliminated