Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread

Longhorn_Fan68

https://www.nhl.com/news/stars-scott-wedgewood-injury-stretcher/c-337719448

Scott Wedgewood was taken off the ice on a stretcher during the Dallas Stars' 6-4 win against the Florida Panthers at FLA Live Arena in Sunrise, Florida, on Thursday.

The goalie was holding his back after stopping Anton Lundell on a breakaway and a rebound from in close at 14:01 of the second period. After play was stopped moments later, he lay flat on his back on the ice for several minutes while being examined by a trainer.

"He's not in any danger," Stars coach Peter DeBoer said. "He's coherent, all that stuff. I don't know if he's fine. But I think he's OK.

"Upper body, we won't know more [until we] go home and get him checked out. You never like to see that. I thought [Jake Oettinger] came in and did a great job in a really tough situation. We found a way to get the win and now cross our fingers that Wedgewood's OK."

Wedgewood made 21 saves on 23 shots in 34:05 before being replaced by Oettinger, who made 19 saves, including 15 in the third period.

Dallas led 5-2 at the time of Wedgewood's injury. The 30-year-old is 4-3-1 with a 3.23 goals-against average and .904 save percentage in eight games (seven starts) this season.

"Of course, it's scary when you see a player go down like that," Stars forward Roope Hintz said. "He was playing a really great game. I hope everything is OK with him, but we have [Oettinger] in the net, so he's good too."

2 hours ago, Catpfish said:

Murray was in goal for the Texas Stars last night and did not look particularly good despite the incredible comeback. 2 goals in the last 1:07 to tie and then win in overtime.

Khudobin was a scratch, so there might be something there.

where? we don't currently have cap space for Dobby. I'm thinking we're gonna dangle Dobby and Guri and to see if we can clean this situation up