This Oklahoma team JUST LOOKS DIFFERENT: OU Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

47 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The biggest loss on defense was Overshown only because of the depth chart behind him, but we are throwing quantity at the position. We lost 2 "starters" in the secondary and replaced them with better players from the portal. The DL lost Coburn and Ojomo, but we got Sweat to return and he's likely going to have a year similar to Coburn. Not to mention the continued development of Collins and Broughton and the rest of the 2022 DL class.

Is it possible our top 4 LB's are Ford/Hill/Blackwell/Lefau?  Gbenda is pretty much what he is at this point IMO, and I'd prefer to only see Jett with us up by a comfortable score.  I don't know if Trevell will ever be able to put on enough weight.  Be interesting to see if anything emerges in the second portal window, but didn't seem like we looked at any LB's the first time.

On the DL point we also have Murphy.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is it possible our top 4 LB's are Ford/Hill/Blackwell/Lefau?  Gbenda is pretty much what he is at this point IMO, and I'd prefer to only see Jett with us up by a comfortable score.  I don't know if Trevell will ever be able to put on enough weight.  Be interesting to see if anything emerges in the second portal window, but didn't seem like we looked at any LB's the first time.

On the DL point we also have Murphy.

Yep, forgot about him, he's the likely starter next to Sweat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Not the team that got whooped by Quinn 49-0 saying he's not good!

Man, change that website color to maroon and these guys wouldn't miss a beat. Saying that the guy who skulldrug you around the cotton bowl and stuffed a corndog up venables' ass at midfield sucks is quite the leap. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/8/2023 at 9:09 AM, Mason Ramsey said:

Not the team that got whooped by Quinn 49-0 saying he's not good!

Not the team that got whooped by Quinn 49-0 with a head corch having absolutely no plan for their staring qb saying Sark can't plan for a starting QB and that Quinn's not good!

17 hours ago, Chopper said:

Not the team that got whooped by Quinn 49-0 with a head corch having absolutely no plan for their staring qb saying Sark can't plan for a starting QB and that Quinn's not good!

I mean I'm not surprised, that was OU's worst year in like 20 years. 

I still think the jury is out, but it'll take at least another season for denial to turn into anger 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Vertuzzi said:

22 has to be a Make-A-Wish right? He looks to be about 5’2”. The water hippo in the back looks bigger than him. 

It's 4D chess. Venables is going to tell Sark that it has always been his dream to score in the RRS. But then Derek Williams will have none of it.

GrossWideBillygoat-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Punts earning points is very on-brand for these fucks

Bruh what the fuck are those scores? Not even peak Lincoln and a Heisman QB could win this spring game as an offense, like I get stacking board in favor of one side, but does Brett have such low faith in his Defense that he has to actively buff the defense scoring.

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Is “Texsa” a thing with them? The first time I saw it, I figured they mistyped. Then I saw it a couple more times. 

I have to admit- I don’t get the joke?

I think it had something to do with chest painters in the stands in the wrong order at some point a long time ago.  Sort of "Tceh" adjacent.

15 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Since it's OU, they probably just don't know how to spell. 

For many 'Horns alumni, the time on the forty represents the 4 most challenging years of their academic career. With Sooners, many say the exact same thing about their time in 3rd grade.

12 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

For many 'Horns alumni, the time on the forty represents the 4 most challenging years of their academic career. With Sooners, many say the exact same thing about their time in 3rd grade.

Which time: first year or second?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, statsman said:

Is “Texsa” a thing with them? The first time I saw it, I figured they mistyped. Then I saw it a couple more times. 

I have to admit- I don’t get the joke?

1 hour ago, kilroydos said:

I think it had something to do with chest painters in the stands in the wrong order at some point a long time ago.  Sort of "Tceh" adjacent.

We put out a media guide one year that had Texas misspelled as texsa on the footer of each page, or something like that. 

found something on it

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2014/7/24/5934919/texas-misspelled-texas-on-every-page-of-its-media-guide

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

If OU doesn't win at least 9 games this year, that would a huge failure in my unbiased opinion (I hope they go 0-12). 

They get an auto 3-0 start to the season thanks to the canceled Georgia game that was replaced by mighty SMU. They avoid Kansas State, Baylor and Texas Tech in conference play, all teams they lost to last year. They do get Cincy, WVU and OSU (probably the 3 weakest teams in the conference on paper right now, speaking of which guess who doesn't get any of those 3 teams....). Their toughest games this season are Texas in the cotton bowl and......at BYU? at Kansas? UCF at home?

They should be able to close their eyes and get to 8 or 9 wins easily. But I have a feeling that defense is going to piss away a game or two they should win.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1