This Oklahoma team JUST LOOKS DIFFERENT: OU Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

15 minutes ago, quigley said:

Versus TCU, Gabriel was again off-target on third down

His inconsistency/lack of accuracy has been surprising.  He's missed a lot of easy throws.  Maybe he's always had that problem and I only saw highlights of his good throws at UCF but he's looked way worse than I expected.

18 minutes ago, Skipper said:

His inconsistency/lack of accuracy has been surprising.  He's missed a lot of easy throws.  Maybe he's always had that problem and I only saw highlights of his good throws at UCF but he's looked way worse than I expected.

The book on Gabriel heading into the season was that he really struggled against quality defenses. I think he is just an average QB who won't be drafted.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I agree with @closetojumping, if OU is pinning their hopes on Arnold or Evers they are in for a world of hurt.

I saw Evers in HS and he looked like a good athlete, but I was unimpressed with his QB play.  I really am surprised he was rated that highly.

The next Denton Guyer QB who becomes successful in college will be the first.  They better start looking for QB's in the portal or they are going to be in a world of hurt.

1 hour ago, Shaggyhorn said:

We all should hope OU manages to go 3-3 from here and knock’s off OSU or another top big 12 team.

Just good enough to not fire Venables, but bad enough to not have much to sell.

Some people never learn, you NEVER cheer for OU. 0-6. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I listened to the SoonerScoop podcast yesterday while doing some routine stuff and heard the first 45 minutes of it. I've never listened to it before and likely never will again, but it was fun. In any event, those guys run the site, report on the program with press passes, and talk to the coaches and players offline. When discussing the future QB situation, they spoke matter of fact that 2023 will be Arnold's team. 

Evers was overrated in high school and it shouldn't surprise anyone if he never amounts to being much as a P5 QB. That considered, I am not sure Arnold should be thought of differently. Go watch his film. He's okay. That he is considered a 5 star is comical. The differences between him and Manning or Nelson or Moore in the 2023 class are fundamental. If OU is betting the program on Arnold, we are in for some really hilarious shit.

Other random stuff I discovered from that podcast:

1) They couldn't bring themselves to discuss Texas or even say Texas during the episode. They kept lumping the UT and TCU losses together. Small-minded, insecure dipshits.

2) The big reason, they believe, that OU is getting blown out is because Venables has been working the team too hard every week in practice. Seriously, they went back to this over and over. They've been to practices recently and, comically, Venables is treating the first two practices of the week, every week, as basic tests of manhood in order to develop a culture of toughness and togetherness. If this guy is really beating the shit out of his team every week in drills, he's actually dumber than he looks, and I've always thought he looked like a junior high coach pervert.

3) They're pining for Bob Stoops to come out to practices and work with Venables to run them for the duration of the season.

4) They do not think people that matter are "out" on Venables, but they do think that people that matter will be "out" on Venables if OU suffers any more blowouts. 

5) They lamented the lack of talent and how this next recruiting class and the transfer portal will save them. I am almost curious enough to go listen to their podcast just before the first game and just after the Nebraska game. I'm going to bet they weren't doing much lamenting of their talent situation. 

5-12 Brent Venables (Duncan Caravan) | Watch

Day might have some competition on his hands. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Strange to see an ou fan down on bedenbaugh. 

per the aggy thread, aggy fans have latched onto him as the replacement OL coach for addazio. 

That stuck out to me as well. And you know what, maybe it's possible...I could see Venables being dumb enough to fire the guy who is allegedly one of the best at his position after one year working for him. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You raise a good point and I should have been more clear with my original post. 

Brent Venables is the guy wearing Bike shorts and flirting with the 13 year old girls he’s teaching in health class before afternoon football practice. 

Ryan Day is the guy with a blacked out van, a bag of candy, and an informal graveyard filled with 9 year olds in his backyard. 

Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 2

On 10/9/2022 at 5:08 PM, texifornia said:

OU 247]

I’m an old guy. I remember 2000’s 63-14. It was a miserable week after. There were a lot of posts on Texas boards stating variations of:

“Shit, OU outplayed and outhustled us by a mile!”

”Damn, Stoops really had them ready”

”It sure looked like they wanted this rivalry game a hell of a lot more than we did”

”They had better schemes in every facet”

IOW, a lot of stuff like you don’t see mentioned at all in the quoted dissertation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Every bloU insider and reporter said repeatedly in the off-season and into the beginning of the season that the team was better off with Riley gone and Venables in his place. They couldn't stop talking about a supposed revamped culture and that Riley was good but he just didn't have the goods. Fucking hilarious.

image.thumb.png.22e54e49a3e5168d6fba2b4973210ae3.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Every bloU insider and reporter said repeatedly in the off-season and into the beginning of the season that the team was better off with Riley gone and Venables in his place. They couldn't stop talking about a supposed revamped culture and that Riley was good but he just didn't have the goods. Fucking hilarious.

holy-shit.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chopper said:

angry-devil.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

The Texas:OU relationship is much like the Michigan:tOSU one. The former is a great university that succeeds in football because the institution is committed to excellence in every facet- academics and athletics. The latter is a “school” willing to shamelessly whore itself out in any way needed in pursuit of football success. 

OU is rarely down long because they will do whatever it takes to win. If that’s buying players, they’re bought. If it’s recruiting and covering for thugs, they got that covered, too. If the only way OU could win would be to hire Urban Meyer or Art Briles, well,…that’ll be done. 

My hope is that the new NIL period takes away the advantages of having no moral compass. My fear is that they will figure out a way to go lower still. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, quigley said:

Gabriel has at least one more year of eligibility. That said, QB isn't the biggest longterm problem. Throw Davis Beville on the 2016 to 2018 OU offenses, and OU may have kept it competitive for a half. OU's OL would have churned out enough yards to keep UT's offenses off the field more and led to a couple of legitimate drives. 2022 was Bedenbaugh's prove it year. I'm a hard out on him. The OTs have promise, but they've got other options on the interior. The OG play the last two years has been average or worse and C has been worse than that. I want to see other guys get snaps at this point. Unless I see marked improvement on the OL by year's end, Bedenbaugh needs to go. (This'll never happened of course because Lebby and Bill are tight back from when Bill recruited Lebby in high school).

OU doesn't have the skill position talent they did back then, but it's still top 2-3 in the conference and probably top 20 nationally. RB has Gray who's playing the best he has at OU, which is above average. Major was looking good before an injury. Barnes looks very promising, and Sawchuk had hype in high school at least. Mims and Farooq are really good WR. They have other freshmen with talent, and Stoops and Wease deserves more touches as possession receivers.

OU needs to bring down Sherrone Moore from Michigan. He's elevated the Wolverine OL since he's taken over. While your at it, get Steve Clinkscale, who's had competent DB units every year a Kentucky and Michigan. They need to donate the hundreds of thousands of dollars going to Ted Roof to charity.

One thing we've learned from our years in the wilderness is the importance of your first staff. If you fuck up your staff in year 1, you get one do-over. That sounds great and everything but you find it's harder to hire quality replacement assistants when your coach is viewed as a dead man walking. If you're going to do it, you have to do it this year or it's too late. After year 2 of Charlie, our AD had to jump on a plane and fly to fucking Tulsa to convince Sterlin Gilbert to take a pay increase and blue blood job.

Bedenbaugh would be swooped up in about 30 seconds if you made the mistake of firing him. You guys have some AWFUL assistants (Valai and Roof). It just boggles the mind that you'd be focusing on one of your best.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yuk said:

One thing we've learned from our years in the wilderness is the importance of your first staff. If you fuck up your staff in year 1, you get one do-over. That sounds great and everything but you find it's harder to hire quality replacement assistants when your coach is viewed as a dead man walking. If you're going to do it, you have to do it this year or it's too late. After year 2 of Charlie, our AD had to jump on a plane and fly to fucking Tulsa to convince Sterlin Gilbert to take a pay increase and blue blood job.

Bedenbaugh would be swooped up in about 30 seconds if you made the mistake of firing him. You guys have some AWFUL assistants (Valai and Roof). It just boggles the mind that you'd be focusing on one of your best.

Carey Mulligan Shut Up GIF by Saturday Night Live

You're not supposed to tell them this. You're supposed to let them figure it out on their own over the next 6 or 7 years.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Yuk said:

@Hornlover

In the very next paragraph, I talk about replacing Valai and Roof. So, yeah, I get it.

You'll have to show me where Bedenbaugh has put together a top OL in the last 4 years. Definitely, Rattler and Caleb Williams held the ball too long, inflating sack numbers. But OU hasn't had a dominant run game without Jalen Hurts at QB since 2019. There's been a big decline in the OL.

Are there worse OL coaches out there? Definitely.

Has Bedenbaugh lived up to his clippings? Not close, and it's getting worse.

7 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

why set your sights so low? Forget Moore, y’all should check with Belichek first to see if he’s interested in the OU OL job. 

I was hoping for Moore when he was Michigan's TE coach. I agree it would be a downgrade based on where he's got the Wolverine's OL.

3 hours ago, statsman said:

My hope is that the new NIL period takes away the advantages of having no moral compass. My fear is that they will figure out a way to go lower still. 

TRUST ME…the NIL era and having a moral compass are not good bedfellows (outside of HWH and burnt ends that is)

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Strange to see an ou fan down on bedenbaugh. 

per the aggy thread, aggy fans have latched onto him as the replacement OL coach for addazio. 

I mean Bedenbaugh already has the aggy look down, so he's roughly 90% of the way to being the perfect aggy fit.

Go Get Oklahoma's OC - Bill Bedenbaugh | Coach Changes

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, statsman said:

The Texas:OU relationship is much like the Michigan:tOSU one. The former is a great university that succeeds in football because the institution is committed to excellence in every facet- academics and athletics. The latter is a “school” willing to shamelessly whore itself out in any way needed in pursuit of football success. 

OU is rarely down long because they will do whatever it takes to win. If that’s buying players, they’re bought. If it’s recruiting and covering for thugs, they got that covered, too. If the only way OU could win would be to hire Urban Meyer or Art Briles, well,…that’ll be done. 

You're going to hate how much tOSU has invested in and repaired their academic reputation. OU hasn't, though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Hence why we all watch Euphoria 

Someone on the ISU thread said their best blond cheerleader looks like Hunter Schaefer (celeb beneficiary of thousands of $$$ of plastic surgery, no shame there), there's Sydney Sweeney references up and down the boards, did CR or some other board get stoked about Euphoria all at once or something?

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Someone on the ISU thread said their best blond cheerleader looks like Hunter Schaefer (celeb beneficiary of thousands of $$$ of plastic surgery, no shame there), there's Sydney Sweeney references up and down the boards, did CR or some other board get stoked about Euphoria all at once or something?

I dunno. I just saw that pic that CTJ mentioned and then it went from there. It probably was the ISU thread, tbh. 

On 10/11/2022 at 10:28 PM, victory88 said:

Lol it’s game 6 and he’s publicly airing out players not being happy and telling them to leave.  This dude is going to be a disaster at ou.  Sark never threw his players under the bus last year when we went on a 6 game losing streak and the malcontents like BJ Foster and Joshua Moore had basically quit mid season.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sydney Sweeny. Hoo boy. Was excited to see she's been cast in a remake of a horrible movie, Barbarella, and I simply can't be bothered to care. I'll buy a ticket. Or just keep rewatching her over and over in Euphoria. 

Have you watched The Voyeurs on Amazon Prime? No clue what the show’s about but she’s a main character and does not disappoint. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

i think a lot of people would feel shame in looking like a trans actor. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They, and most other canvases that feel the need to run down arch, seem to think he only plays against LA 2 A teams.  
their non-district this year was full of much larger schools, and he still had his 2A private school team, and they competed just fine with arch at qb. 

Canvases is an interesting auto correct for 'fanbases.'

• Haha 1