This Oklahoma team JUST LOOKS DIFFERENT: OU Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Lol. This is more like breaking it off with your fiancé before it’s too late when you realize you done goofed. 

Leaving your wife is more like transferring. Like all of their qbs the past 5 years have done. But that wasn’t an issue with commitment, was it?  And ou is the whore whose bed they ran to. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I don't understand how they could be complaining about recruiting at all. They're a goddamn dumpster fire, got de-depantsed on national TV by their rival, and still have managed to salvage a top-10 class with a 5-star QB, a 5-star EDGE, and several other top-100/250 players. It's a goddamn miracle they're doing so well on the recruiting front. 

• Hook 'Em 6

51 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I don't understand how they could be complaining about recruiting at all. They're a goddamn dumpster fire, got de-depantsed on national TV by their rival, and still have managed to salvage a top-10 class with a 5-star QB, a 5-star EDGE, and several other top-100/250 players. It's a goddamn miracle they're doing so well on the recruiting front. 

They'll do OK this year, if they still look lost next year I think the luster wears off . I'm praying for a nosedive heading into the SEC

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

This times a million. And how the hell could they not have seen the Vasek decommitment coming?

Edited by Chili dog

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

OU's 2023 class has more top 100 players, seven, than ANY Sooner class since 2005.

As a Sooner fan, OU fans have no perspective.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

That's just ludicrous revisionist history. Bijan was never considering OU. They had a commitment from McClellan and they were happy about that. But McClellan said fuck all that and bolted for Bama two days before signing day and they were left with their dicks in their hands (as a snack for Lincoln Riley). Bijan never visited OU.

• Hook 'Em 7

8 hours ago, irishtexan said:

That's just ludicrous revisionist history. Bijan was never considering OU. They had a commitment from McClellan and they were happy about that. But McClellan said fuck all that and bolted for Bama two days before signing day and they were left with their dicks in their hands (as a snack for Lincoln Riley). Bijan never visited OU.

I thought he flipped on signing day and it caught ou off guard?

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I thought he flipped on signing day and it caught ou off guard?

There was some sort of last minute contact that ended up being the turning point.  I don't remember if it got reported a day or two before signing, or just super early the day of.  They certainly thought he was in pocket the entire time, though, and it was a real kick in the pants.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

FhOPDGPVIAEeb6j?format=jpg&name=mediumFhOPDWnUAAEn09L?format=jpg&name=mediumFhOPDjIVIAA3MQ5?format=jpg&name=medium

13 hours ago, irishtexan said:

3 hours ago, Chili dog said:

When the hell did Bijan ever indicate any interest of any kind in OU? Never in their wettest dreams did that happen. Now they just decide they could’ve had him if they had pursued him? I thought I was reading Texags for a second. 

The basis of these comments may be the following. As I remember it, Bijan made an unofficial visit swing during the summer before his senior year. OU was apparently on his list of visits, per one of the recruiting site podcasts, probably rivals.

The story was that OU told him not to come because he was further down their internal list. OU had McClellan and Jaylon Knighton (Miami) committed at the time and was still courting Kendall Milton (Georgia) and Zach Evans to some degree.

I met Halle Berry once. Meeting Halle Berry is a prerequisite to having sex with her. So I could say I almost had sex with Halle Berry just like OU almost got Bijan Robinson.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

Oh, man. I forgot I had this in the hopper yesterday. Can’t wait to hear Lehman & Ikard on this game.

I am anxious to see what happens in Morgantown tomorrow, because the schadenfreude will ratchet up to John Blake levels if they lose. TFB has been pumping out grade A level bullshit and super k, esq. has gone from having an aneurysm trying to explain why the team can’t play “complimentary (sic) football” to simply blaming all of their woes on the prior staff (the one that never lost more than two games in a season—“grinch didn’t prepare his players at all” “grinch didn’t scout opponents” “grinch ran one play 50% of the time”—the same staff that produced 10 defensive draft picks in the past 3 years) while heaping praise on Valai, et al. He has already seemingly given up on both Gabriel (he’s ready to hand Arnold the keys right now) and Lebby, as well.

I’m amazed at the fact that they don’t realize if what they’re saying is true, then they actually celebrated losing the single greatest offensive mind that has ever lived. If grinch was that bad, and Lincoln still managed to drag his moronic dc and his flaming heap of shit defense to 10-win season after 10-win season, they should have built him a fucking statue. I mean, he’s kept right on doing it in LA, no?

Meanwhile, both Lehman and Ikard have been highly critical of the team in all aspects, but I haven’t heard them throw the former staff under the bus at all. Their issues are centered on scheme (“never seen a bear defense get run on so much”), technique (“everybody stands straight up on the snap..because they don’t know what they are doing”), and aggression (“way too soft”) I especially enjoyed hearing Lehman describe the ou defense as a series of pillow fights, and Ikard tempering his modest praise of the offensive line’s improvement with “but everyone other than the center (who received the most criticism) will be gone next year.”

If that wasn’t enough, the after dinner mint is venables himself. When he isn’t struggling to maintain his composure with the media, he is endlessly spouting canned coaching aphorisms (Inky Johnson’s shit). He also spent a good chunk of his presser this week literally listing every player on defense and how many career starts they have in an effort to explain why they can’t seem to get lined up or adjust to motions and shifts by the offense. Other than that, everything seems to be going swimmingly up in methsville.

Apologies for length and timing.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

It’s like OU fans forgot Venables got run out of Norman because his defenses sucked.  

Coaching against shitty, untalented, and unsophisticated ACC offenses  with Clemson talent isn’t the same as defending Big 12 offenses.  I love this so much. 

spacer.png

This is what I don’t get. They booted him previously. Why in the world would they go back to him.