#3 Bama at #6 Tennessee, Saturday Oct 15th @ 2:30pm CT on CBS

LTtxfan

36 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

IMO - Milroe isn’t a dumpster fire. He’s a kid out of Katy Tompkins that “we” wanted. I totally blame BOB on the aggy game.

When you only have one week to prepare, don’t make the youngster play within Bryce Young’s offense, because “those are the plays we run and it’s our offense”! You let the youngster do what he knows best with the Spread and then roll him out for pass/run options - He’s NOT a pocket passer (at this time), so my blame is on BOB!

If he’d put the QB in space, they’d have beat aggy by 20+.

Hook’em!

I agree that we wanted him, but Yurich didn't. But I get your point about him running BY's plus, except the kid couldn't hold on to the ball and gave it away 3 times. He has zero pocket awareness and runs as soon as he sees a single defender (sound familiar? Card). Can he improve? I would hope so, but it's not looking good with ass crack chin at the helm. I wish the kid well, but I'm also very, very glad he's not our problem. 

No - your comments are definitely true. His (Milroe’s fumbles) came from within the “pocket” which he isn’t a pure pocket-passer at this time. All I’m saying is BOB didn’t give him a chance to show his strengths.

If he’d let him operate on the perimeter, that game should’ve had a drastically different outcome - IMO.

Hook’em!

16 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I will take Bama in this game if Bryce Young is healthy.  Is Tennessee really that good?  The teams they have beaten for that 5-0 record and top 5 ranking are Ball State, Pitt, Arkon, Florida and LSU.  Florida and LSU don’t exactly look like world beaters this year.  Tennessee may be the real deal or they may be another hyped up SEC team like we see every year in the SEC.

Texas Tech does not look like a world beater yet we did not get it done and we should have beaten Bama. Tennessee has a good QB and unless Bama does him dirty, he will be hard to stop.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 10/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, LTtxfan said:

Tennessee starter arrested on felony assault charge before Alabama game

Oct. 11, 2022, Mark Heim | mheim@al.com

Tennessee’s Jaylen McCollough was arrested and charged with aggravated felony assault Sunday, according to a Knox County Sherriff’s Office arrest warrant obtained by Knox News.

According to the report, around 3:28 p.m. Sunday, police responded to a call at an apartment. A man with a “bloody, swollen mouth and missing teeth” said he had been drinking with friends that live in the complex when he went to get items from a vehicle, according to the arrest warrant.

When he returned, he said, he accidentally went to the wrong building. He knocked on the door but no one answered. So he opened the unlocked door and entered the apartment.

He told police he apologized and left, but a man pursued him and became aggressive.

The man punched him in the face, and he fell backward down the stairs and lost consciousness.

The starting safety, 21, is a four-year starter for the Vols. This season he is tied for fourth on the team with 23 tackles. He had seven tackles in Tennessee’s 40-13 win over LSU in Baton Rouge on Saturday.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2022/10/tennessee-starter-arrested-on-felony-assault-charge-before-alabama-game.html

--------------------------------------------

Vols' Jaylen McCollough arrested on felony assault charges

Oct 10, 2022. Mark Schlabach ESPN 

Tennessee starting safety Jaylen McCollough was arrested Sunday on felony charges of aggravated assault following an incident at a Knoxville apartment complex.

According to a Knox County Sheriff's Office arrest warrant, officers responded to a call at 3:28 p.m. ET on Sunday. A man told officers that he had been drinking with friends in an apartment and left to retrieve items from his car. He accidentally returned to an apartment in the wrong building, knocked on the door and no one answered.

The man told police that he opened an unlocked door, realized he was in the wrong apartment and apologized to the residents. After leaving the apartment, a man followed him and became aggressive, according to the victim.

The arrest report noted that the victim "apologized again and told the male, 'He didn't have to be a [expletive] about it.' As he was walking away, he heard footsteps behind him. He turned around at the top of the stairs approximately 30 feet from the door and was punched in the face. He fell backwards down the stairs and lost consciousness."

When the victim regained consciousness, according to the report, a different man and woman were helping him to his feet. Officers noted that there was blood on the staircase. The victim had blood and swelling on his mouth and multiple missing and broken teeth, according to police. [...]

Wow - Fake UT making a respectable run on the Fulmer Cup.  They might bring it back home.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Trick question, Jack Daniels isn't bourbon.

Technically incorrect.  JD meets every requirement to be labeled bourbon.  It also happens to also be charcoal filtered, which means it meets the definition of Tennessee whiskey.  That being said, a Vol fan might fight you if you call it bourbon.

Nick Saban on Alabama's self-assessment, defense and more ahead of Tennessee

Saban On Kickers...

“When I talk to the guys it’s usually telling them they did a good job. If they don’t hit a good one, punt a good one, kick a good one, it’s, ‘Hey, forget about it. Focus on the next one.’ Those guys aren’t like players. They don’t play 70 plays in the game. They’re like assassins. They got one shot. They gotta make it count. That’s the mindset they have. To focus on being prepared to do it the next time is probably the most important thing.”

On 10/11/2022 at 4:21 PM, Brothahorn said:

You can kick the coach out of Oklahoma, but you can't kick Oklahoma out of the coach.

There's a reason they call the team with the most player arrests, etc. is named after former Fut coach Phat f'n Phil Fulmer. He'll probably play Saturday despite the felony assault arrest. It should add at least 15 points in the quest for the 2022 Fulmer Cup.

Don't tell my wife, but I may have to root for Bama this weekend.  Here's why.  If TN wins, they only have 1 team left that's even remotely good enough to beat them - Georgia.  They lose to GA, sit home for the SEC Championship game, end the season with 1 loss (GA) and 10 wins including Bama.  Backdoor into the playoffs.  I'll never hear the end of it from my friends back in TN.

20 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Don't tell my wife, but I may have to root for Bama this weekend.  Here's why.  If TN wins, they only have 1 team left that's even remotely good enough to beat them - Georgia.  They lose to GA, sit home for the SEC Championship game, end the season with 1 loss (GA) and 10 wins including Bama.  Backdoor into the playoffs.  I'll never hear the end of it from my friends back in TN.

I disagree.  I am good with Tennessee winning and getting over the hump.  We just got over one ourselves and I do hold a little affection for that goofy place.  Even if I hardly acknowledge it.   I am also torn because somehow the playoff committee will find a way to have 3 SEC teams in the CFP should Tennessee win.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I am also torn because somehow the playoff committee will find a way to have 3 SEC teams in the CFP should Tennessee win.  

Gonna be weird if TN, Bama, and GA all end up with 1 loss.  Guess you'd have to put the SEC Champ game winner in.  Then what?  

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

"Hayes: Bill O'Brien has all the right answers, no matter the QB or the opponent"

I can't even make myself read this... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/bill-obrien-key-to-alabama-success/

The key to Alabama success. Holy cow!

I think Tennessee can do it, but for some reason it feels like a trap game, where we find ourselves watching the final minutes of the game with Bama up by 21 and the Tennessee fans asking themselves what happened. Plus, that Safety with the arrest is 100% playing in this game, I'd bet the house on it. I'm still taking Bama. Saban is Saban for a reason and his teams find ways to win. Either way, it should be fun.

The one thing that bugs me is the turnover margin for Bama. They need to protect the ball better. Is Bama a good team or do they just out talent everybody? I think they are ripe for an upset, but I think they get up for this game like no other and find a way.

Edited by Droopy

7 hours ago, Droopy said:

I think Tennessee can do it, but for some reason it feels like a trap game, where we find ourselves watching the final minutes of the game with Bama up by 21 and the Tennessee fans asking themselves what happened. Plus, that Safety with the arrest is 100% playing in this game, I'd bet the house on it. I'm still taking Bama. Saban is Saban for a reason and his teams find ways to win. Either way, it should be fun.

The one thing that bugs me is the turnover margin for Bama. They need to protect the ball better. Is Bama a good team or do they just out talent everybody? I think they are ripe for an upset, but I think they get up for this game like no other and find a way.

I just don’t think we are there yet. We aren’t even 2 years removed from 3 wins and 9 starters transferring. I would love to be wrong but losing tomorrow isn’t changing the upward trend of the program. 

• Hook 'Em 1