#3 Bama at #6 Tennessee, Saturday Oct 15th @ 2:30pm CT on CBS

LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Don't forget Bama has to go to Lane's place this year.

I wouldn't crown their ass just yet.

honestly, the way the SEC scheduling somehow always works out for them has been one of the most infuriating things to follow.

Alabama, even with this loss, still controls their own path.

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So if Vols only lose 1 of their remaining games, they are pretty much guaranteed a CFP invitation...  

VOLS probably just gotta win 5 of their next 6 games...

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Sat, 10/22
vsUTMUTM
11:00 AM

espn-sec@2x.png

Sat, 10/29
vsUK22 UK
TBD    
Sat, 11/5
@UGA1 UGA
TBD    
Sat, 11/12
vsMIZMIZ
TBD    
Sat, 11/19
@SCSC
TBD    
Sat, 11/26
@VANVAN
TBD    
  • Hook 'Em 3

do I have this right; it's possible Georgia beats Tennessee, makes it to the SEC championship game, gets beaten by Alabama,  and suddenly the committee is  looking at 3 SEC  teams in the Top 10, all  with one loss?

I don't that scenario  will happen, but the politicking if it does.....

Edited by naija
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

VOLS probably just gotta win 5 of their next 6 games...

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Sat, 10/22
vsUTMUTM
11:00 AM

espn-sec@2x.png

Sat, 10/29
vsUK22 UK
TBD    
Sat, 11/5
@UGA1 UGA
TBD    
Sat, 11/12
vsMIZMIZ
TBD    
Sat, 11/19
@SCSC
TBD    
Sat, 11/26
@VANVAN
TBD    

I'm not so sure about that this year. I think the Michigan/tOSU loser will have a good claim assuming those two teams win their other games. Then you have both Clemson and potentially USC. 

I don't see two SEC teams getting in this season. 

1 minute ago, naija said:

do I have this right; it's possible Georgia beats Tennessee, makes it to the SEC championship game, gets beaten by Alabama,  and suddenly the committee is  looking at 3 SEC  teams in the Top 10, all  with one loss?

They have already penciled in three SEC teams. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, naija said:

Yes but that would be an easy call to send Alabama. 

Yeah.

But I have faith in Bill O Brien. Bama is going to lose another game. Slowly but surely his cancerous ass is killing them.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Brothahorn said:

Yeah.

But I have faith in Bill O Brien. Bama is going to lose another game. Slowly but surely his cancerous ass is killing them.

they definitely don't look like the juggernaut of old.  not the same defense or players  at wideout

Should have ran it on 3rd and 10. Fuck BoB and dammit, Nick, why didn't you overrule that mongoloid? It was bound to catch up to us, such sloppy play, no matter the talent you have, will eventually bite you in the ass. I want a Hyatt on my team, dammit.

Congrats to any pumpkin fans that might be hanging around. Now I need about 12 hours sleep to recover from that nerve smashing show.

Edited by bamachine
  • Like 1

Give it another month before everyone starts worrying about who’s playing who in the playoffs. That was a fun game to watch. TN had a lot of calls go their way or just get plain ignored. Hooker and Young both came to play and out on a show.

19 minutes ago, naija said:

and Bru gets to play vs USC in the playoffs

28 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Saban needs new coordinators. 

Neither the OC or DC are top 10 coordinators. Probably not even close. When has that been true for Alabama over the years? 

I’d say yea for offense, but they also scored 49. Saban runs the defense. I think it’s more that they just don’t have the dominant DL they have seemingly had forever. Controlling Will Anderson controls the defense from what I’ve seen. 

I haven’t gone back in the thread but I assume there were a lot of comments about all BOB had to do was run the ball three times, make TN burn timeouts, and get closer for the game  winning f/g?  My Bama friends thread have not been kind to BOB.

I thought it was dumb to throw it out of bounds after they picked up the first and got into FG territory so that saved a tenn. Timeout. It was a waste of play with like 45 seconds. My god… drain some time, be patient, let Bryce Bryce. Danielson was even freaking out about needing to move. It’s like shut up. Bama needs to orchestrate this so the last play of regulation was them kicking a FG or at least making Tenn have no timeouts.

They did neither

3 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I’d say yea for offense, but they also scored 49. Saban runs the defense. I think it’s more that they just don’t have the dominant DL they have seemingly had forever. Controlling Will Anderson controls the defense from what I’ve seen. 

Saban has input but he doesn't run the defense. 

Golding is a good DC but nothing special. 

7 minutes ago, johnny utah said:

I haven’t gone back in the thread but I assume there were a lot of comments about all BOB had to do was run the ball three times, make TN burn timeouts, and get closer for the game  winning f/g?  My Bama friends thread have not been kind to BOB.

I said it after the aggy game. 

Alabama will never win a national title with BOB. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

7 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Heupel is starting to remind me of when Spurrier hit the SEC at Florida in 1990. The DC’s in the league just didn’t know what to do with his offense and there were receivers running wide open all day long. 52 points is the most scored on Alabama since Saban arrived there1907

yep,  in the history of Bama they have only had THREE other games where the other team scored more than 52 points on them.  thats fucking nuts. 

those teams are Auburn 53 in 1900, Sewanee 54 points in 1907 (original SEC team that I think became a priest school)., and Vanderbilt 78 points in 1906. 

I mean jesus christ, in the last 22 years  ou alone has scored more than 52 points against us 7 fucking times.     65 (twice), 63 (twice), 55 (twice), 53 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3