Game breakdowns

capnamerca

Who was it on the old site that used to do game breakdowns each like? The mini film study really helped guys like me who never played football beyond 7th grade. He'd use clips from a replay and make a few of them into gifs with lines drawn on them, and then explain what the key players were looking for, what the key concepts were, and why it worked or didn't work. And it was awesome because it wasn't all sunshine pumping - he'd show plays where the opposition just straight up beat our D, or where our O overcame a missed block or a blown assignment to still make a play. Really helped my understanding not just of that particular game, but of how our team fit together and what our coaches were doing.

I'd happily contribute to a fund or a charity or something if someone were to take this back up.

On 10/9/2022 at 5:07 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Didn't alphahydro or whatever his handle was also do post-game analyses?

Of course, @hpslugga still shares his grades, albeit they are now player-centric. Would love to see how the team as a whole graded out yesterday on the old system.

I haven't posted anything this year, and for good reason. I do intend on posting a full season report card at the end of the year, but none of this weekly shit.

I will say that a preliminary look at Saturday's game does suggest a grade of 44/50. Offense 19/20, Defense 16/20, ST 9/10. That's all I'll say on it for now.

• Hook 'Em 1

I for one, would like to see what the "experts" think about some of Ewer's decisions on near pics etc.

The near int in drive 2 was very similar looking to the Monroe pic.. kind if just looked like a bad pass behind JW, he was not  very open either.

The pass and awesome catch to BR was ill advised. Any situational awareness by db and that is broken up or picked.

Those two come to mind, but there might be others. QE played a hell of a game, so I am not bagging on the guy, just wanted an x & o perspective or thoughts on how "dangerous" those passes were.

I for one, would like to see what the "experts" think about some of Ewer's decisions on near pics etc.
The near int in drive 2 was very similar looking to the Monroe pic.. kind if just looked like a bad pass behind JW, he was not  very open either.
The pass and awesome catch to BR was ill advised. Any situational awareness by db and that is broken up or picked.
Those two come to mind, but there might be others. QE played a hell of a game, so I am not bagging on the guy, just wanted an x & o perspective or thoughts on how "dangerous" those passes were.

Can you define “expert?”

There’s a helluva lot of em around here. But I got capnamerica beat. I made it past 7th grade.
  • Haha 1