ALDS Yankees vs Guardians

Helobious

Megathread is astoundingly stupid. No one cares about the national league on here and the Astros have their own thread so it would’ve just been this anyway. Yankees opt to leave off one of their best players in Peraza for Marwin useless fucker Gonzalez and never to be used pinch runner Tim Locastro. Oh and Scott Effross needs tommy John so bullpen is fucked. Whatever. Fuck Myles Straw.

I grew up around Cleveland, so I have been a fan of them as long as I can remember. Growing up in the 90s, they had some amazing teams and HoF players that should have won at least 1 World Series along the way. It never happened though, 97 was their best chance and they lost it in game 7 to a bunch of overpaid mercenaries on the Marlins. Sad times for The Land. 2016 was nearly a repeat, but at least the Cubs were a respectable team and just as desperate of a fan base. 

This year feels like they overachieving to me, but they have a great base to build around. They gotta ride it as far as it will go, and maybe they get some luck. Would love to see them down the Yankees more than any other team in the league, but it's gonna take a lot of luck to win 3.  Godspeed Guardians. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol. This is going to be a sweep. And your entire fanbase was in tears yesterday about how unfair it was to have 6 days off while seattle played. Nevermind their starter last pitched in September. And cole had a long layoff too but he was on yesterday. Accept the fact that verlander just playoff sucks.

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol. This is going to be a sweep. And your entire fanbase was in tears yesterday about how unfair it was to have 6 days off while seattle played. Nevermind their starter last pitched in September. And cole had a long layoff too but he was on yesterday. Accept the fact that verlander just playoff sucks.

Don't care, got Jimbo Yordan

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Verlander has 4 playoff starts against the Yankees with Houston: 3-1, 29.2 IP, 2.16 ERA

You might want to inform them that he sucks, they don't seem to have realized it.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

JFC ... you might be the most miserable cocksucker on the internet.

20 hours ago, Helobious said:

Maybe you should accept the fact that the Yankees just playoff suck.

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2022 at 1:19 PM, Helobious said:

19 hours ago, Helobious said:

That fucks the Yankees pitching situation bigly. Only saving grace is that you can guarantee one of those ALCS NY games will be rained out too. October in NYC is no joke. I hear. 

original.gif

21 hours ago, Helobious said:

That fucks the Yankees pitching situation bigly. Only saving grace is that you can guarantee one of those ALCS NY games will be rained out too. October in NYC is no joke. I hear. 

13 hours ago, Helobious said:

Rainy & stuff.

Helo coming hard with the hearsay 

MonthPrecipitation

Jan4.13in.

Feb3.15in.

Mar4.37in.

Apr4.28in.

May4.69in.

Jun3.84in.

Jul4.62in.

Aug4.22in.

Sept4.23in.

Oct3.85in.

Nov4.36in.

Dec3.95in.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That will be funny to look back on when we’re in here talking about game 4 of the ALCS getting rained out.

Yankee fan in Texas can't quite grasp the difference between "a particular October in New York may be rainy", which is absolutely true, and his statement of "October in NYC is no joke ... Rainy & stuff", which is demonstrably untrue (relative to other months in NYC).

33 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’ll give Boone credit, no one else in the majors has this level of balls. Will start cole on schedule in potential game 4, not going to save him for potential game 5.

Why are we concerned about game 4 or 5?  This is going to be a sweep, I hear.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1