ALDS Yankees vs Guardians

Helobious

46 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Glad I didn’t watch the ending. Was surprised it was even that close. Definitely not going to watch tomorrow, the series basically ended yesterday and I’ve made my peace. 

why do you get so overly emotionally involved in a team if you aren't even going to watch their playoff games? you are the weirdest person. 

Edited by shadow_operative

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

why do you get so overly emotionally involved in a team if you aren't even going to watch their playoff games? you are the weirdest person. 

Helobious seems like one of those fans who only wants his team to win if they deserve to win somehow. The Yankees failed that sacred standard by losing one game in this series, so now they must lose...or something. Quite a few Texas fans on this site are like that.

I don't really think deserving has anything to do with it.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Glad I didn’t watch the ending. Was surprised it was even that close. Definitely not going to watch tomorrow, the series basically ended yesterday and I’ve made my peace. 

Glad you made your peace, quitter. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Helobious seems like one of those fans who only wants his team to win if they deserve to win somehow. The Yankees failed that sacred standard by losing one game in this series, so now they must lose...or something. Quite a few Texas fans on this site are like that.

I don't really think deserving has anything to do with it.

Team has fully quit. Severino & Holmes’ post-game comments about Boone are something you never hear Yankee players say. He’s lost the clubhouse. We have 3 relievers that aren’t terrible. 3. Instead of stretching them out one of them was pulled after 7 easy pitches tonight. That’s why Schmidt pitched in the ninth, who has been a relief pitcher for all of 3 weeks. We have IKF playing short, he cost us a run and about an inning’s worth of pitches tonight. He’s been one of the worst defensive shortstops all year, he can’t hit, but they keep rolling with him. 

We have Hicks & Locastro on the bench. 2 career outfielders. 2 guys that have played left field a bunch. Who do we leave out there with a 2 run lead and 3 outs to go? Cabrera, a rookie infielder who started playing outfield for the first time 2 months ago. Hicks and Lo probably catch that first blooper. They damn sure don’t dive at it & turn it into a double. Why no defensive sub there? 

We are the Cowboys. We will never, ever win anything again with Boone Cash & Hal in charge. They are all fucking morons. I will casually track the score tomorrow but I have better things to do than watch them lose 6-1. It’ll be that kind of game.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

It helps when you're a frontrunner that lives 2000 miles from 'your' team, in a place that has approximately as much in common with NYC as Mars does.

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Team has fully quit. Severino & Holmes’ post-game comments about Boone are something you never hear Yankee players say. He’s lost the clubhouse. We have 3 relievers that aren’t terrible. 3. Instead of stretching them out one of them was pulled after 7 easy pitches tonight. That’s why Schmidt pitched in the ninth, who has been a relief pitcher for all of 3 weeks. We have IKF playing short, he cost us a run and about an inning’s worth of pitches tonight. He’s been one of the worst defensive shortstops all year, he can’t hit, but they keep rolling with him. 

We have Hicks & Locastro on the bench. 2 career outfielders. 2 guys that have played left field a bunch. Who do we leave out there with a 2 run lead and 3 outs to go? Cabrera, a rookie infielder who started playing outfield for the first time 2 months ago. Hicks and Lo probably catch that first blooper. They damn sure don’t dive at it & turn it into a double. Why no defensive sub there? 

We are the Cowboys. We will never, ever win anything again with Boone Cash & Hal in charge. They are all fucking morons. I will casually track the score tomorrow but I have better things to do than watch them lose 6-1. It’ll be that kind of game.

Man, utterly confounding to me that you have supporters on this board.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

"i don't even watch them play."

followed by

"here's three paragraphs on why this team sucks."

yeah, because you would be the expert, right? 

Michael Kay of all people was ripping the team in his postgame show. Jomboy did the same on his, A-Rod did it, and Yankee fan Twitter is in full post-mortem mode. No one expects us to compete tomorrow, it’s not me being some sour grapes bandwagon fan. Everyone that follows the team knows they’re fucked. 

Yes we’re down 4 of our best relievers and a serviceable starter, and 2 decent hitters. But injuries happen to everyone and it’s bullshit Boone is going to use that as an excuse for why they got bounced. That still doesn’t explain shitty in-game management and roster construction.