ALDS Yankees vs Guardians

Helobious

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Michael Kay of all people was ripping the team in his postgame show. Jomboy did the same on his, A-Rod did it, and Yankee fan Twitter is in full post-mortem mode. No one expects us to compete tomorrow, it’s not me being some sour grapes bandwagon fan. Everyone that follows the team knows they’re fucked. 

Yes we’re down 4 of our best relievers and a serviceable starter, and 2 decent hitters. But injuries happen to everyone and it’s bullshit Boone is going to use that as an excuse for why they got bounced. That still doesn’t explain shitty in-game management and roster construction. 

maybe they just drastically overachieved for almost 3 months and have been a sub .500 team since july 1st (3.5 months) because that's just who the yankees are.  most of the season-ending power rankings had the yankees in the 5th-8th range and that's what we're seeing right now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Michael Kay of all people was ripping the team in his postgame show. Jomboy did the same on his, A-Rod did it, and Yankee fan Twitter is in full post-mortem mode. No one expects us to compete tomorrow, it’s not me being some sour grapes bandwagon fan. Everyone that follows the team knows they’re fucked. 

Yes we’re down 4 of our best relievers and a serviceable starter, and 2 decent hitters. But injuries happen to everyone and it’s bullshit Boone is going to use that as an excuse for why they got bounced. That still doesn’t explain shitty in-game management and roster construction. 

TL/DR...pussy ass fan.

• Like 1

NY might still win the WS, but they certainly don't look like MLB's best team at the moment. It's borderline miraculous that the Yankees ever got to 44-16 before injuries and good old regression to the mean took their toll. Judge's quest distracted the media and many fans from the reality of that overall collapse in the second half.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

Haven’t watched any of the game, I wrote them off after yesterday. Score so far is shocking, I guess I’ll tune in.

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Glad I didn’t watch the ending. Was surprised it was even that close. Definitely not going to watch tomorrow, the series basically ended yesterday and I’ve made my peace. 

I thought how I viewed Yankees fans was bad but this is just sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, as a Yankees fan actually paying attention, this season was a fun ride but not because there was some real likelihood that we actually were the best team in baseball. Judge was amazing. The first third of games were feel-good summer fun. If we turn around and advance a little, that’s great. But we are playing exactly like who we are. Everything now is just bonus.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, WBT said:

What was that about?  Are they saving him for spring training?

Boone didn’t want to pitch him on back to back days despite his low pitch count the day prior. I think even if you grant him that, then why the fuck did you pull Trivino after 7 pitches and Loasiga after 15 pitches, if neither was in any trouble? You know you have a short bullpen, you should be trying to get max outs from those guys. Whole thing was monumentally stupid.

Quantrill is not a bad pitcher, I'm hopeful tonight. He had a 3.06 ERA in October in 6 starts, which is pretty good for a third rotation starter. Cole was really good in game 1, but that was at NY. I'm hoping they can get to him early and get some momentum to keep the crowd engaged all night. It would be nice to get the win here and get some extra rest before the next series, but I can see this going to game 5.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lulz they actually benched IKF for the rookie in a do-or-die game. What a humiliating season for that guy.

well, he sucks so...

Good signing by Cash though.  Much cheaper than Seager or Correa.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm rooting for the yankees to win the series.

I'm leaning that way now too.  Cleveland's pitching worries me more and this sponge bob bullshit is pushing me over the edge.  

Edited by WBT

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Why can’t I quit them. Fuck I’m going to have to watch this bottom of the 9th.

You are the worst kind of fan, quick to talk shit when everything is rainbows and peach cobbler and quick to shit all over them when they're on the brink of a season-ending loss. 

It's no surprise you're a Yankee fan from South Texas circa 1998. 

You are a twat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are the worst kind of fan, quick to talk shit when everything is rainbows and peach cobbler and quick to shit all over them when they're on the brink of a season-ending loss. 
It's no surprise you're a Yankee fan from South Texas circa 1998. 
You are a twat. 

The king of twats.

My uncle (now 94yo) played in the Cleveland organization (minor leagues and in Latin America) when they won their last World Series-1948.  He bounced around there for a few years and also served in the Texas National Guard.  He has since had to endure watching Cleveland lose 4 World Series during his adult lifetime.  I didn't grow up watching the Astros, but my friends that truly love the game are all Astros fans so I root for them to be happy, so if it comes to CLE/HOU, I'm torn but my uncle deserves to see Cleveland do some winning before he dies.  

So all that to say, as usual, fuck the New York Yankees.  Fuck their fans.  Fuck the team.  Fuck the Bronx.  Fuck all y'all.  Go Cleveland!  But fuck Ohio, too.

• Hook 'Em 2