ALDS Yankees vs Guardians

Helobious

I don't see how they could not have rain on the field, most of NYC is covered according to the Doppler.  It's really weird that they didn't put the tarp out on the field, almost like they want it to be delayed a day. I could see the MLB wanting a Tuesday night game instead to avoid going against MNF.

35 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I don't see how they could not have rain on the field, most of NYC is covered according to the Doppler.  It's really weird that they didn't put the tarp out on the field, almost like they want it to be delayed a day. I could see the MLB wanting a Tuesday night game instead to avoid going against MNF.

Game tomorrow will be at 1pm, it’s already decided. Do or die playoff game in a half empty stadium will look great for MLB for sure.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Game tomorrow will be at 1pm, it’s already decided. Do or die playoff game in a half empty stadium will look great for MLB for sure.

That's probably a much better option for Cleveland, so that works. Gonna have to move some afternoon meetings around to free up that time :D

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I meant 1pm PST.

It's Daylight Saving time on the West Coast, too.  

Later start is good news for you Astros fans.  Long day for the winning team.  Practice at 1 or 2, game at 4, brief 3 minute celebration in the locker room, and off to the airport at 9:00p for a 3.5  hour flight to Houston.  Land at midnight-CDT, probably not falling asleep at the hotel until after 1:00am, which is 2:00am to the bodies of anyone from Cleveland or New York.  

If I were Cleveland or New York, I'd already have my LCS Game 1 starter in Houston.  I know that's bad mojo, and the guys want to celebrate the LDS with their teammates, but business of winning comes first.  There's no time for any real celebration after this game anyways.  But happy for you 'Stros fans.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Regardless of postponement Game 1 is still Wednesday in Houston correct?

Nope. In fairness to CLE/NY the LCS gets pushed back to the weekend to allow for proper recovery after all the delays this series. One of those 2 teams gets to host game 1 as well now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, but does anybody outside Pennsylvania give a shit about a Padres-Phillies LCS?  

Yes.  Both teams are every bit as compelling as the fucking Dodgers or Braves.

Edited by slorch

7 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

It is mind blowing that the Yankees spent $2.3 billion on the new stadium and didn’t put a fucking retractable roof on it.  Minute Maid cost $250 million (400 million in 2021 dollars).  That is just fucking nuts.

You’re comparing a stadium built in houston to one in NYC? Also if the Yankees got one the Mets would’ve wanted one too. There were once talks about funding for both from the city but the 9/11 recovery costs washed that out.

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You’re comparing a stadium built in houston to one in NYC? Also if the Yankees got one the Mets would’ve wanted one too. There were once talks about funding for both from the city but the 9/11 recovery costs washed that out.

This tells me you know nothing about the stadiums in NYC.  Both the Yankees and the Mets have gotten new stadiums since MMP was built.  Two words:  Bandwagon Fan

Shea was shut down and Citi Field opened in 2009.  The current Yankee stadium replaced the old one, and also opened in 2009.  MMP opened in 2000.

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This tells me you know nothing about the stadiums in NYC.  Both the Yankees and the Mets have gotten new stadiums since MMP was built.  Two words:  Bandwagon Fan

Shea was shut down and Citi Field opened in 2009.  The current Yankee stadium replaced the old one, and also opened in 2009.  MMP opened in 2000.

Yeah no shit. I was talking about retractable roofs and the added costs of that, you can’t give one team one and not the other. 2 new retractable roof stadiums in one city in the same year would’ve exorbitantly expensive.