ALDS Yankees vs Guardians

Helobious

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

all class ....

fuck the classless trashy Yankee fans always, but that clip is weak bait. All i heard was some sirens in the background and an "is that IKF, how (why?) the fuck ah ya leavin?" or something like that anddddd.... end scene.

Whole lotta nothing goin on here imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yeah no shit. I was talking about retractable roofs and the added costs of that, you can’t give one team one and not the other. 2 new retractable roof stadiums in one city in the same year would’ve exorbitantly expensive. 

What part of Yankee stadium cost 2.3B to build did you miss?  They could have EASILY put a retractable roof on both it AND Citi Field.  They did not.  Any stadium built post 2000 should have had one on it.    

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

What part of Yankee stadium cost 2.3B to build did you miss?  They could have EASILY put a retractable roof on both it AND Citi Field.  They did not.  Any stadium built post 2000 should have had one on it.    

The Yankees don't have money for that, they got an annual 300 million dollar payroll to cover. 

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I got screwed by Steinbrenner back in 2008. Sat in the hurricane Ike remnants for a few hours before those bitchass pieces of shit called the game.

I was at that game, flight got cancelled from Boston to Hobby, saw the Rays at Fenway, took a train down to NYC to go to old Yankee stadium just to sit in that weird drizzle for a few hours, that’s game was also against the Rays

3 minutes ago, Ichabod said:

I was at that game, flight got cancelled from Boston to Hobby, saw the Rays at Fenway, took a train down to NYC to go to old Yankee stadium just to sit in that weird drizzle for a few hours, that’s game was also against the Rays

Yep. I was at the Red Sox game too. It was when they set the consecutive sellouts mark. In between I saw the Mets at Shea. I was on the ferry from New London, CT to Orient Point, NY and the owner of a strip club in Maspeth overheard me talking to my buddy who lived in Flushing on the phone about my birthday and he came and gave me 6 tickets to the Mets game. Not all New Yorkers are assholes there are some good people in the mix too.

42 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The good news is they get to kick their expensive roster in the jimmy when dumb weather happens as a result.  GENIUS

The rain delay definitely benefits the Yankees here, Stallion starting was a worst case scenario for them. Cortes on short rest is a significantly better option.  

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

The rain delay definitely benefits the Yankees here, Stallion starting was a worst case scenario for them. Cortes on short rest is a significantly better option.  

It doesn’t benefit anyone. Now Bieber will get to pitch for the guardians. He’ll probably come in during the 2nd or 3rd inning.

Yeah that’s a given. Boone already said Taillon would start game 1 if they win. That’s basically waving the white flag for that game. If you go on to win the WS that title needs an asterisk too after this scheduling bullshit. 
Hey bitch....sweep a shittier team and you wouldn't be in this spot
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:
32 minutes ago, Helobious said:
Yeah that’s a given. Boone already said Taillon would start game 1 if they win. That’s basically waving the white flag for that game. If you go on to win the WS that title needs an asterisk too after this scheduling bullshit. 

Hey bitch....sweep a shittier team and you wouldn't be in this spot

to be fair, the guardians are putting up a hell of a fight against a 120 win team*

*had the season ended in May 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, YGIFS said:

It's Daylight Saving time on the West Coast, too.  

Later start is good news for you Astros fans.  Long day for the winning team.  Practice at 1 or 2, game at 4, brief 3 minute celebration in the locker room, and off to the airport at 9:00p for a 3.5  hour flight to Houston.  Land at midnight-CDT, probably not falling asleep at the hotel until after 1:00am, which is 2:00am to the bodies of anyone from Cleveland or New York.  

If I were Cleveland or New York, I'd already have my LCS Game 1 starter in Houston.  I know that's bad mojo, and the guys want to celebrate the LDS with their teammates, but business of winning comes first.  There's no time for any real celebration after this game anyways.  But happy for you 'Stros fans.  

Whichever team wins should make sure they drink plenty of champagne to celebrate. They'll deserve it.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Whichever team wins should make sure they drink plenty of champagne to celebrate. They'll deserve it.

18 seems like a good number. It’s not hard to shut another team out for 18 innings is it?  Looked pretty easy over the weekend. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Do women attend Yankees home games?  Looks like the stands are filled with middle eastern taxi drivers …

Who else can go to a last minute game at 4pm on a Tuesday? Having been to several games at normal times there the female talent is not lacking.

Francona must have gotten blitzed during the rain delay.  Starting a pitcher with a 5.88 road ERA and a 5.50 daytime ERA in a daytime road elimination game sure seems like a bold and terrible strategy. Cody Morris has at least started games this year and been vastly better even if he's still a greenhorn rook.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I really don't understand why they aren't pitching Quantrill or Beiber. This is an elimination game, can't hold anything back.

Quantrill pitched Sunday but I agree on Bieber. His last start was Friday, same as Cortes. Francona is stupid wanting to save him for game 1 of the ALCS. You have to get there first.