NHL Season: 2022-2023

Vertuzzi

17 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

Wasn’t able to get tickets but will be down around Fenway today. Go B’s!!

You too huh? One of my brothers is a big Bruins fan so I wanted to get some tickets for us but couldn't get any. Signed up for the Boston Bruins newsletter and checked the inform me when tickets are available box. Never heard back.... 

On 1/5/2023 at 12:53 PM, Vertuzzi said:

2023 Winter Classic is the most watched NHL regular-season game of all time on US cable TV, with an average of 1.8 million viewers. Great to hear for a sport that is seriously underrated in the States. 

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2023/01/06/national-interest-in-the-winter-classic-seems-to-be-waning/

Smart dude. 

Vegas Golden Knights goaltender Robin Lehner and his wife have filed for bankruptcy in Nevada, citing up to $50 million in debts to dozens of creditors.

The Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing offers a glimpse into the couple's financial problems, including money owed to no fewer than 50 people and companies, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

They filed for bankruptcy Dec. 30, months after a Wisconsin company sued Lehner for $4 million, claiming the NHL player and his father failed to make any payments last year on a business loan.

Both Lehner and his father, Michael, are listed as principal members in a Nevada business license filing for Solarcode, a limited liability corporation doing business in multiple states, including Nevada and Arizona.

Solarcode in January 2022 agreed to a four-year repayment plan with Eclipse Service but missed its first five payments, leading the Wisconsin company in late June 2022 to sue in U.S. District Court in Milwaukee.

An attorney for Lehner did not immediately respond Monday to a request for comment from The Associated Press.

Lehner's debts also included missed payments for a collection of rare snakes he purchased for $1.2 million in 2017, according to the bankruptcy filing. Lehner keeps the snakes at his reptile farm in Plato, Missouri.

He and his wife, Donya, estimate their assets are worth up to $10 million.

Lehner, 31, signed a five-year, $25 million contract with the Knights in 2020, but the Swedish hockey player has spent the 2022-23 season recovering from hip surgery.

RIP to Bobby Hull, my late father's favorite Blackhawks player growing up in Chicago in the 1950's.  Rumor has it his time as player-coach in Winnipeg rubbed off a little on Paul Newman for "Slapshot."  Got to hang with Bret a few years back at SXSW and stories about his father were fantastic.  A legend, RIP #9.

• Hook 'Em 1

O’Reilly on the Leafs seems like a hat on a hat. This team still struggles defensively, physically, and in net. Not sure they’ll ever learn. Most likely to get Tampa in the first round again which would go just like last year. Fuck the Leafs and that entire fan base. 

Just dropping in to opine the Big City Green live animation of NYR-WAS on Disney Channel is hilarious. Unlike the NFL/Nick project, this contains zero actual footage from the game, but the puck and players are tracked exactly by location. Big yellow ape is in net for WAS, and a grandmother at goalie for NYR. Other little side attractions too.

Based on a few minutes, this is way more entertaining than casually having a game on you don't care much about

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Bartles said:

Just dropping in to opine the Big City Green live animation of NYR-WAS on Disney Channel is hilarious. Unlike the NFL/Nick project, this contains zero actual footage from the game, but the puck and players are tracked exactly by location. Big yellow ape is in net for WAS, and a grandmother at goalie for NYR. Other little side attractions too.

Based on a few minutes, this is way more entertaining than casually having a game on you don't care much about

I watched last year's Cowboys' playoff game on Nick while on mushrooms because as expected we lost and I at least wanted to experience to be fun. it was. this could be a whole other level

• Hook 'Em 1

Daniel Briere's kid in a bit of hot water after video surfaced of him and a couple of his Merseyhurst hockey teammates goofing around with a wheelchair before Carson Briere pushes it down a staircase in an Erie (PA) bar.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2023/03/16/hockey-player-pushes-wheelchair-down-stairs-pennsylvania-orig-cprog-tp.cnn

Daniel Briere's kid in a bit of hot water after video surfaced of him and a couple of his Merseyhurst hockey teammates goofing around with a wheelchair before Carson Briere pushes it down a staircase in an Erie (PA) bar.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2023/03/16/hockey-player-pushes-wheelchair-down-stairs-pennsylvania-orig-cprog-tp.cnn
Yeah, fuck that kid. The wheelchair was at the top of the steps because the restroom is downstairs and the girl had to be carried down. Then found her chair smashed when she came out.
  • Rage+1 2

Watching the Oilers play last night was hilarious. This team has absolutely no chance of winning the West with their awful defense and goaltending. Top end talent will carry them past the first round, and maybe even the second round, but I just don’t see them making it any further than they did last year. 

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Avs are getting hot. 6 straight wins. Now if they can just get healthy before the playoffs.

The west is wide open this year so wouldn’t be surprised to see them win the conference again. As far as defending, I think they have a tough task ahead. Scoring depth has been a huge problem for them after losing Kadri and Burakovsky, though I do love the addition of Denis Malgin. Injuries have plagued them all season long, and having no clear return date for Landeskog and Manson will be huge question marks as the playoffs begin. 

4 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

The west is wide open this year so wouldn’t be surprised to see them win the conference again. As far as defending, I think they have a tough task ahead. Scoring depth has been a huge problem for them after losing Kadri and Burakovsky, though I do love the addition of Denis Malgin. Injuries have plagued them all season long, and having no clear return date for Landeskog and Manson will be huge question marks as the playoffs begin. 

Yeah, Landy being out all year has been a real kick in the nuts.  No idea if he'll be back at all this year, but at this point I'd lean towards no (although he did skate in a non contact jersey yesterday).  They're starting to get the scoring going again, which is what won them the cup last year, although losing Kadri (mostly) and Burakovsky (to a lesser extent) does still sting.  Malgin and Rodrigues were really good pickups for them.