2022-23 Houston Rockets Thread - One More Season of Suckage

BigOrange1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:20 PM, HtownHorn said:

Lulz. Sengun is light years better than the French dude, and he's actually doing it nightly on the NBA level. Sengun was the best player his last year in Europe in a much better league than Wembanyama is playing in. It's hilarious you think this dude is closer to a linchpin than a 20-year-old averaging 19.6/10.6/7.4/1.5/1.4 since becoming the focal point of the offense.

All this on 12.5 FGA per game with a shooting line of .670/.714/.545, the Rockets can absolutely build around Sengun, Green, Smith, Martin, and Eason. If they had a coach worth a shit those 5 guys would be getting all the playing time to develop their games, as the Rockets are going to have to extend them after the next 2 and 3 seasons respectively.

Got it. So Sengun is much more likely to be a top 5 guy in the NBA than Vic the dick. Right. That’s a position shared by you and Sengun’s mother. 
His upside is knockoff Joker. Or Sabonis the younger. Neither of those results are bad, they are likely all star types. Maybe some 3rd team all NBA shine. Those guys aren’t centerpieces to an NBA championship team. 
You might be the only human being who doesn’t think Vic will be a top 5 nba guy if he stays healthy. You can laugh all you want but you are the one waaaaaaaaay out on a limb. 

This off-season isn’t very hard. 
Sign Harden and Draymond, get the hell rid of KPJ, bring in Frank Vogel or Adelman the younger As a head coach and pray your ping pong ball comes up 1 or 2. 
That leaves you a starting 5 of Sengun, Draymond, Smith, screen and Harden with whoever we get in the draft coming off the bench and whoever/whatever role player we can get for KPJ and various exceptions to fill out the 9 man rotation. 
That’s a top 5 team in the West that has 3 years to grow into a title contender, or you ship Draymond and Harden off for the next disgruntled superstar along with all your draft picks. 
this is assuming Harden and Draymond will sign with whoever pays them the most. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m hoping Gordon and KPJ are gone by the trade deadline. What are the chances we get two firsts for them both? At least Gordon right?

We should be packaging Gordon and MIL's 1st to get a young vet in return. The perfect guy would be Lonzo Ball, but Chicago is likely going to be a seller now, so they might not be trying to add guys that could help them make the playoffs. Also, Ball is likely out for the foreseeable future for you stupid honks that think winning the least number of games is good for the franchise long term. Porter is likely untradeable because of his poison pill in his extension. He counts like $15M against the cap for acquiring teams.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, SilasCoade said:

Is that a joke? Ain't nobody giving up a first round pick for Gordon unless it's protected 1-20.

The best offer they received was 4 2nds by Milwaukee. Gordon is 34 and having the worst season of his career, it's beyond stupid to think a contending team is giving up anything of value for him. I saw some 3 team deals that moved Gordon, with the Rockets giving up multiple protected 1sts.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

That’s just what I’ve read the last year. I’m not saying top 5 first. If we got one it would be to a contender and be low 20’s or a future first? 

stone blew his opportunity to get a first for gordon last year.  it was incredibly stupid at the time and has only become even stupider over the past year.

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

everyone in the world has wembanyama as a generational prospect, but htownhorn disagrees so we should probably defer to him.

Yeah it’s so fucking bizarre. Sure guy, we are better off with the modern day Scola than Vic the Dick. It’s an interesting bit. 
The difference in opinion is- better prospect than Lebron (meaning best of this century) or on par with Anthony Davis or a bit behind him making him like the 4th best prospect of the century. 

7 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

stone blew his opportunity to get a first for gordon last year.  it was incredibly stupid at the time and has only become even stupider over the past year.

I think we have all seen guys get traded for firsts that don’t deserve it. It’s unlikely but still possible. Maybe a future protected first. Either way he needs to be gone. KPJ might nab a late first just on potential as well. 

On 1/31/2023 at 6:50 PM, TonyTexas said:

It’s been a good week for 2/3 of Houston pro sports teams. Can the Rockets make it a trifecta and fire Silas?

I mean they  are fixing to win their 2nd game in the last 3 tries and throw away all the hard work they did in establishing pole position for worst record in league. Can we find an interim worse than Silas?

On 1/30/2023 at 11:57 AM, HtownHorn said:

According to cyperx on clutchfans, Gordon wants a buyout so he can go to the Suns. Also, the Rockets are interested in trading for John Collins, and Je'Sean Tate might be the most sought-after Rocket.

How many times have we heard this story?

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah i've sat in the first 3 rows of the 400 level a couple of times and i didn't think they were bad seats at all.

Yep. I had a friend who had season tickets in that area at center court during the good years. He took me to a few playoff games. They were great seats, easy to see Aldridge kill the Rockets.

Edited by HtownHorn

16 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Another thing that impressed me was the drink service. Don Julio ranch waters for $15 ain’t bad. That’s what it costs at most bars. Food options were pretty meh. Spurs fans are lucky to have a Whataburger. 

food options at Toyota center suck 

i'll preface this with i know this will never happen so you don't have to tell me that.  but since i am fully prepared for stone to do fuck all at the trade deadline, i thought this might be a fun exercise in mental masturbation.  

so with that preface, would you do the following trade if it was on the table:

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_2-6-2023_7-01-00PM.png

On 1/27/2023 at 5:00 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

This off-season isn’t very hard. 
Sign Harden and Draymond, get the hell rid of KPJ, bring in Frank Vogel or Adelman the younger As a head coach and pray your ping pong ball comes up 1 or 2. 
That leaves you a starting 5 of Sengun, Draymond, Smith, screen and Harden with whoever we get in the draft coming off the bench and whoever/whatever role player we can get for KPJ and various exceptions to fill out the 9 man rotation. 
That’s a top 5 team in the West that has 3 years to grow into a title contender, or you ship Draymond and Harden off for the next disgruntled superstar along with all your draft picks. 
this is assuming Harden and Draymond will sign with whoever pays them the most. 

Wut

1675923334493625-sp.jpg

1675922883196962-sp.jpg

i don't think brooklyn is going to fall off the cliff or anything, but it would be nice if they were able to miss the playoffs this year and ever so slightly increase the chances that the rockets land a top 2 pick.  

it would also likely help with the perception that they won't be good next year which makes their 2024 first round pick all the more attractive as a trade chip this summer.

• Hook 'Em 1

I know we want them to lose for draft purposes, but fuck last night was a kick in the nuts.

Completely fell apart down the stretch.  You expect a young team to make dumb ass mistakes especially in crunch time, but EG even getting that close to Fox was a bonehead move.

Going to be some very happy fans, though I bet the Rockets cut both Wall and Green.

rockets_trade.PNG

34 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Bamba to the Lakers... would have loved to see him in Houston..and for Pat freaking  Beverly 

Magic wanted to get rid of the contract. Lakers are a having a really good deadline.