2022-23 Houston Rockets Thread - One More Season of Suckage

BigOrange1

36 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

WTF guys…glad you played well but we’re going to need losses, especially against other potential tankers, if you want Victor Notgonnaworkhereanymore next year!

I want to see our players develop and see if we have a coach that is worth a damn to lead us when we’re ready to win. Silas is a good guy but is not the coach we need.

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

WTF guys…glad you played well but we’re going to need losses, especially against other potential tankers, if you want Victor Notgonnaworkhereanymore next year!

they aren't going to lose every single game and they're likely to be underdogs in at least 9 of their next 10 games.  i'm fine with winning that game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Right there at the worst record in the league, as I hoped. Lakers will try to win so no worries there. The Jazz, Spurs and a thunder are winning games. What a bunch of idiots. But us and Orlando know what’s up. Eye of the Tiger to start the season, piling them ping pong balls high. 

56 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Right there at the worst record in the league, as I hoped. Lakers will try to win so no worries there. The Jazz, Spurs and a thunder are winning games. What a bunch of idiots. But us and Orlando know what’s up. Eye of the Tiger to start the season, piling them ping pong balls high. 

Silas is really pissing me off. I don’t mind losing IF our young players are developing, they’re implementing offensive and defensive systems that show improvement and the coaching looks like he has a clue with rotations in furtherance of the first 2 items. None of that is happening. JG looks like he is regressing. Jabari is not getting the ball where is comfortable to contribute. Sengun and Tari are not being used properly and they’re the best +- players on the team. The lack of minutes Tari is getting is criminally incompetent.

Long story short Silas sucks and is doing long term damage to the development of this team. Detroit beat the Warriors and look a lot better than we do. He needs to be McHaled if we continue down this path and have 1 win or 2 wins in the first 15 to 20 games like we did last year. Give Abdelfattah a chance to prove himself as an interim coach.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Silas is really pissing me off. I don’t mind losing IF our young players are developing, they’re implementing offensive and defensive systems that show improvement and the coaching looks like he has a clue with rotations in furtherance of the first 2 items. None of that is happening. JG looks like he is regressing. Jabari is not getting the ball where is comfortable to contribute. Sengun and Tari are not being used properly and they’re the best +- players on the team. The lack of minutes Tari is getting is criminally incompetent.

Long story short Silas sucks and is doing long term damage to the development of this team. Detroit beat the Warriors and look a lot better than we do. He needs to be McHaled if we continue down this path and have 1 win or 2 wins in the first 15 to 20 games like we did last year. Give Abdelfattah a chance to prove himself as an interim coach.

yep.  they need to lose, but its quite clear that silas is not the guy for the job.  i'm torn between wanting him gone ASAP so that Jalen and Jabari can start receiving real coaching, or waiting until marchish to fire him to ensure as much losing as possible happens this season.

but the product they are putting on the court right now is fucking terrible.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Silas nice guy’s his way into finishing the season. The organization is tanking. They’re not in a hurry to fire their HC.

That said I agree Nix sucks. He isn’t a NBA player. And Eason isn’t playing enough. 

I guess Gordon gets to stick around to teach the young guys how to be pros? The NBA has changed so much. Can you imagine Ron Harper telling the Clippers to not trade him to the Bulls? Shouldn’t Gordon want to win a ring?! 

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Brooklyn is falling apart. Nash was fired today. Durant probably will demand a trade before December.

do not want, he's a trash, selfish player that you CAN NOT build a team around. zerooooooooooooo leadership, fuck him. if he hadn't played one season at UT, he'd be the most hated player on this board 

Edited by tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What are the different scenarios for 2023? A top 5 pick and an additional lottery pick would be great. 

Nope. We get the better of ours and Brooklyn’s. Their pick is just extra lottery balls for us if they miss the playoffs.

We also get Milwaukee’s first rounder.

17 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Nope. We get the better of ours and Brooklyn’s. Their pick is just extra lottery balls for us if they miss the playoffs.

We also get Milwaukee’s first rounder.

I believe Milwaukee's is also swappable also. So we could swap Milwaukee's for Brooklyn's.

Nope, just a swap with Brooklyn and Milwaukee's.

Edited by HtownHorn

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

do not want, he's a trash, selfish player that you CAN NOT build a team around. zerooooooooooooo leadership, fuck him. if he hadn't played one season at UT, he'd be the most hated player on this board 

this is 1) ridiculous, and 2) not the point he was making.  no one is asking for a KD trade to houston.

what would be fantastic though would be if brooklyn did completely bomb this season and had top 5 or 6 lottery odds.  as the rockets can swap picks with them, it increases the odds the rockets could land another top 3 pick.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, as a bottom 3 team, we have a 14% chance to land #1 and get the French string bean. If Brooklyn finishes 6th worse, they’d have a 9% chance. So we bump ahead of all others at 23% of one of our pick options hitting #1. Even if they just barely miss the playoffs, we still get a 1-2% odds bump. 

Brooklyn suspended Kyrie, Durant is surely going to ask out and Brooklyn would be stupid not to try and get some future draft assets back to help recover from this mess. I just don't see them making the playoffs right now, and they are definitely going to start the bottoming out this year should Durant leave.

11 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Paolo showing out tonight. He’s definitely better than most on here thought. Smith looks like a rookie tonight.

Jabari scored just 3 points tonight. His last 3 games he has scored 2, 4 and 8 points. The crappy coaching doesn’t mask the fear that I have that he is going to be a bust. Silas needs to be fired ASAP because this production and lack of shots he is getting is unacceptable.

I was banging the table for Ivey. Really anyone but Jabari. The numbers on 2 point percentage in college for him were just really really awful. That is the best indicator of success for college guys going high in the draft (shows lack of bounce and shot creation ability) and he ducked shit through a straw. Can he be a competent nba player?  I’m sure. But he ain’t going to be a star. 

It’s really early to call Jabari a bust. He’s also had some virus the past couple days and played sick last night. 

Before the draft we heard how Jabari was the best prospect and I had to force myself to get excited about Banchero and hope we didn’t get Chet. When everything started buzzing on draft morning about Banchero going #1 and the Rockets possibly trading up, I started getting sad about losing Banchero. Still, Jabari was supposed to be the more well rounded with higher upside, while Banchero was predicted to be good on offense out the gate with worse defense and potentially lower ceiling. 

So there’s 3:36 left in the 4th and Silas decides to replace to the most effective players (Sengun & Eason) at the time down only 6 for the rest of the game. Is this an unintentional intentional tank decision or is he just oblivious to what obviously gives his squad a chance to get a “W”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the love of God, please fire Silas and hire a real coach. He is damaging the young foundation with his lack of any offensive system and allowing the ball hogging play of KPJ. Abdelfattah and Hollins would be immediate upgrades as interim coaches. I’d like to see Abdelfattah get his chance.

Further proof that Silas is an abomination with his horrible rotations.

ECF2C7CB-FD5D-44C2-A889-C6A99C1A033A.jpeg

Edited by Macklemore

On 11/17/2022 at 9:20 AM, HtownHorn said:

I'd take Jarace Walker over the French injury waiting to happen. Walker reminds me of Zion, except he's actually got a basketball body.

I mean you will probably get a few great years out of Wembanyama or however you spell his name but we have already been down that road with Sampson & Ming. We dont need to fuck around and find out a 3rd time.

Even if I won the #1 pick I would see how much you could rape the #2 or #3 picking teams to swap.

• Like 2

Dwight Howard is 4 years younger than Yao and is finally out of the NBA. Over the past 13 years Yao played 5 games. That is basically 9 years of service difference. While peak Yao was clearly better than peak D12 i'm sill hard pass on VW especially if you can get a haul for trading down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...