Official 2022 Bitch about Family - Holiday Insanity

tx 3 putt

25 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You should just bring a pot of beans instead

If i knew someone was bringing a pot of beans, you can bet your sweet ass, we'd bring a couple pans of cornbread.

Hell yeah!!!

Got the passive aggressive invite today. To which I responded with a simple "No."

As many of you who deal with selfish narcissistic cunts on the reg understand, "No." Is their kryptonite. 

They can't fucking stand it. They always dig for something else. The No is never enough. How can they twist reality to their liking with a simple No? 

Fuck em. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Got the passive aggressive invite today. To which I responded with a simple "No."

As many of you who deal with selfish narcissistic cunts on the reg understand, "No." Is their kryptonite. 

They can't fucking stand it. They always dig for something else. The No is never enough. How can they twist reality to their liking with a simple No? 

Fuck em. 

I say “accept  your blessings,” and move on.  If they want to be control freaks or argumentative, then fuck ‘em.

9 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Fuck em. 

The truest thing you'll hear on Surly all day.  

And why is it so hard for people to understand this?  Why can't they help but engage with these people?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Fucking shit fuck. The new plane won’t be ready. There is only one seat installed because the interior is way behind. And now I have to drive to somewhere near Abilene with two kids from Houston and a very pregnant wife. 

This is some BS. When I joined this family all the non extended family lived nearby. Now the BIL has moved out west and for some reason this year we need to go all the way out there. 

I might need to play the health card. I don’t think my wife wants to do an at home birth since there are no hospitals out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Fucking shit fuck.  I am between man servants and my personal pilot for the G6 has Covid and has been ventilated for the last two weeks.  Not sure if this could be worse for me.  Instead of the short trip to her Grandfathers Cayman Island compound where the Trust Funds are managed, they have decided for some reason we all need to go to Bora Bora for 2 weeks all the way out there.  Our surrogate is very pregnant and the wife insists she fly with us and the kids to the family holiday gathering. 

This is some BS.  When I joined this family all the non extended family Holidayed, Wintered and Summered within 5 time zones (Europe summers obviously don't count).  Now my SIL as bought several Asian servants and for some reason this year we need to go all the way out there.

I might need to play the Federal Investigation card.  I don't think my wife wants to have the surrogate give birth to "Chip" and him show up with some foreign birth certificate.   Not good for the future Senator.

I'm calling BS on this, does not seem believable. 

Edited by Telegraph_it
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, After irth said:

Understood.  My sincere condolences.  Glad you have a firm grasp on "no".  Well done.

The passive aggressive invite: an invitation with impossible criteria for the invitee to meet. The inviter knows the invitee cant make it but will make out the situation to be a snub by the invitee which they wil bring up in the future as in excuse to be a total piece of shit.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

On 11/8/2022 at 5:58 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Things will get really interesting if my aunt Donna shows up for Thanksgiving. 

Not looking forward to my brother's idiot bitch half sister showing up though. She's a worthless piece of shit and and new bf is just as worthless. I don't even know the guy's name. My brother and I have given up on her when it comes to relationships and don't even bother to learn her bf's names anymore since she changes guys like she does clothes. 

Thanksgiving at my godfather's house will probably consist of everyone yelling at the tv during the Cowboys game and arguing about which players throughout history are the GOATs. At least we also have soccer on that day so there's that to look forward to. 

Have you tried banging the crazy out of her?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Wife is sick for about 4th of the last 5 thanksgivings. She just went and got a Vitamin C IV which is probably pure nonsense, but hopefully will have a positive placebo affect on her. 
first holiday since my brothers wife filed for divorce. Will be him and his 4 Kids down here for the week with 3 dogs.  We have 2. My niece will bring her 3 dogs and 1 kids so on Wednesday we will have 8 dogs, 2 cats, 7 kids (ages 2-16) 5 younger adults (28-44 YO) and 4 olds (her parents and my parents). Brother is frying a Turkey and roasting a Turkey and making stuffing and gravy, wife has sides and I have 8 deserts to make the next 2 days. 
Very sad for his kids. This will be their first holiday as a non-intact family. 
My MIL is a gigantic bitch- it’s possible Abe doesn’t come. Her daughter was visiting from West Virginia for the first time in a year and MIL “got sick” and couldn’t make it. Was very sad for my SIL but nobody minded. Other than her who we mostly ignore everyone gets along. It’s been a hard year for my family in a lot of ways with the divorce, dad going downhill (after getting better for 6 months) with his TBI and business not being awesome on my side of the ledger but we will find stuff to be thankful for and sincere in our thanks. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wednesday sounds like a good day to experiment with fentanyl-laced heroin. 

I actually enjoy it all. I like all the people in the family. The dogs will probably mostly be outside. The cats will hide. The kids play with each other and keep each other entertained for the most part. 

Wife’s uncle is a decent guy but is definitely into new age silliness including being antivax. That’s fine for him, but the aunt is a recent breast cancer survivor and she won’t get it either. I’ve made peace with the possibility that one of us could kill her if we are asymptomatic but hope she’d be down for Plaxlovid.

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well, this Thanksgiving will probably suck. Our youngest daughter just found out she has cancer and doesn't feel like making the ride from San Angelo,  and my wife has so alienated the two older daughters so bad I'm not sure they'll ever come over again,  but after reading some of these I posts, I'll never complain again.

Sending positive thoughts to your youngest.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well, this Thanksgiving will probably suck. Our youngest daughter just found out she has cancer and doesn't feel like making the ride from San Angelo,  and my wife has so alienated the two older daughters so bad I'm not sure they'll ever come over again,  but after reading some of these I posts, I'll never complain again.

Fuck cancer

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

The way you phrased that sounds like the estrangement is your wife’s fault from the daughters. Is that accurate?  What happened?  Have you tried to fix it?  Sorry to pry, my wife and SIL love their dad but their mom actively keeps them away. It’s a fascinating thing to me and I don’t understand his perspective so curious to hear someone else who might be living this same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Wife is sick for about 4th of the last 5 thanksgivings. She just went and got a Vitamin C IV which is probably pure nonsense, but hopefully will have a positive placebo affect on her. 
first holiday since my brothers wife filed for divorce. Will be him and his 4 Kids down here for the week with 3 dogs.  We have 2. My niece will bring her 3 dogs and 1 kids so on Wednesday we will have 8 dogs, 2 cats, 7 kids (ages 2-16) 5 younger adults (28-44 YO) and 4 olds (her parents and my parents). Brother is frying a Turkey and roasting a Turkey and making stuffing and gravy, wife has sides and I have 8 deserts to make the next 2 days. 
Very sad for his kids. This will be their first holiday as a non-intact family. 
My MIL is a gigantic bitch- it’s possible Abe doesn’t come. Her daughter was visiting from West Virginia for the first time in a year and MIL “got sick” and couldn’t make it. Was very sad for my SIL but nobody minded. Other than her who we mostly ignore everyone gets along. It’s been a hard year for my family in a lot of ways with the divorce, dad going downhill (after getting better for 6 months) with his TBI and business not being awesome on my side of the ledger but we will find stuff to be thankful for and sincere in our thanks. 

I love dogs but nobody is bringing their dogs to my house.  You are a saint for allowing that.    

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The way you phrased that sounds like the estrangement is your wife’s fault from the daughters. Is that accurate?  What happened?  Have you tried to fix it?  Sorry to pry, my wife and SIL love their dad but their mom actively keeps them away. It’s a fascinating thing to me and I don’t understand his perspective so curious to hear someone else who might be living this same thing. 

The wife has been struggling mentally and emotionally for the last 2 or 3 years. We don't know what it is, and any suggestion of therapy or analysis causes major problems. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

The wife has been struggling mentally and emotionally for the last 2 or 3 years. We don't know what it is, and any suggestion of therapy or analysis causes major problems. 

Sorry to hear that. 

When the mom goes sideways with the daughters how do you respond?  Do you still have a relationship with them or no?  

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sorry to hear that. 

When the mom goes sideways with the daughters how do you respond?  Do you still have a relationship with them or no?  

The last time or two was over the phone and I only found out about it a couple of days later.  While these episodes make it difficult I do still have a relationship with them.

40 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Depression and severe anxiety run deep in my wife's side of the family. It took years of gentle coaxing to get help. I was surprised  to find out that an OBGYN could prescribe antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication. Getting suggestions from a female, plumbing doctor made it easier. 

Edited by Crapinon
clarity
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Went out to the sheet metal shop this morning and saw two of my guys (brothers) piling into one of our trucks to go to a job.  The usual "what's up?" salutations were offered.   I asked the older brother what they were doing for Thanksgiving:  staying here, going somewhere.....?

He replied "going to Dallas to spend Thanksgiving with my mom and her lesbian lover."

Of course, I was intrigued and pressed "tell me more."

He came back "oh, they met here in Houston.  The other woman lived across the street and they started getting it on then took to selling drugs and partying.  They got divorced from their husbands, then got busted, went to prison and were at the same prison and stayed together there.  When they got out they moved to Dallas and are still going at it.  I guess Norman Rockwell is dead and gone."

I had no idea that he could fathom who Norman Rockwell is and could make such a wry connecting comment.

@deadshank Bringing major lulz and internet gold!

simpsons-hook-it-to-my-veins.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Thank you and God Bless.  This year, without a doubt has been the most trying, heartbreaking year of our lives. I just hope and pray things will get better, I'm about at the end of my rope.

It will get better.  It's cliché, but it is always darkest before the dawn.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

That is frustrating, because it is likely the only way she'd get better.  Mental health is no joke.  I would continue to gently suggest it.  Almost a "hey, maybe a lark, but what could it hurt?" type of suggestion.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 3