Official 2022 Bitch about Family - Holiday Insanity

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

This will be another sad one for my immediate family after losing our oldest grandson almost 5 months ago.

Christmas won’t be much better.

Wishing you and your family a peaceful holiday. It may not help, but I've started trying to remember good times I've had with loved ones that have passed rather than let the sadness of missing them wash over me. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Well, just got a text from the MIL letting us know she's got the stomach bug so we need to stay away. A few hours earlier I picked up the ribeyes and lobster tails. It's looking like a quiet weekend at home for us.

Y'all be safe out there.

Reported for being completely off topic

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Mrs. Brat getting the dressing ready today to be baked Thursday while family is arriving. 
It is vegan friendly…..and delicious. 
The little pans are for the kids to take home as leftovers.

The crock mixing bowl dating from 1910 was her grandpa’s.

6DB7E75A-F806-4799-97FC-A61C035F86BE.jpeg

Does Mrs brat have a single sister  ???

Looks like I’ll be the spoiler this holiday….. Have bad stomach cramps off & on plus the shits this morning. 
Made six trips to the toilet so far, and even let loose while taking a shower a little while ago. Am trying to hydrate with Gatorade Zero, but am totally exhausted. Need to sleep.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Looks like I’ll be the spoiler this holiday….. Have bad stomach cramps off & on plus the shits this morning. 
Made six trips to the toilet so far, and even let loose while taking a shower a little while ago. Am trying to hydrate with Gatorade Zero, but am totally exhausted. Need to sleep.

Sorry about your health. Can I have your share of the dressing? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Feel better and take care of yourself, AB. If you've got the bug everyone else seems to have you're not in for a fun 48 hours.

Mrs GOTJ has had a stream of texts w/ her mom since last night, trying to get her to go get checked out by a medical professional. She's got a doctor's appointment for next Mon which does her no good seeing as how that would be a week from the onset of her symptoms. She's convinced her to go to an Urgent Care once the contractor finishes up at the house around noon.

Old people = stubborn as all get out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

A glass of sipping whiskey always clears this type of thing up for me. That and a couple tums or Alka seltzer.

• Hook 'Em 1

Take it to the shart thread.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Hang in there, AB.  I hope you recover enough to enjoy your holiday weekend.  

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm afraid that now that the Pandemic has settled down, and it isn't a Presidential election year, we aren't gonna get the fireworks we hope for.  Gonna be a down year.

Runoff in Georgia. I’m in Athens. My dad has promised my sister no politics but we’ll see. I’ve already gotten one comment from a stranger that I’m “brave wearin that Georgia Tech shit around here.”
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Runoff in Georgia. I’m in Athens. My dad has promised my sister no politics but we’ll see. I’ve already gotten one comment from a stranger that I’m “brave wearin that Georgia Tech shit around here.”

If politics does come up you better ask everyone how they think the erections are going.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Nothing like a good waffle-stomper to get things going for Thanksgiving.  Hope you recover soon!

Looking forward to tomorrow’s feast and the updates in this thread. 
Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

I will probably not have anything to share unless my roofer brother makes it back to Houston from Orlando unannounced.  Just me, my wife, my parents, and my niece home from college.  My MAGA parents have mellowed a lot and are fully on board with the no Fox News rule while we visit.  

• Like 1