Official 2022 Bitch about Family - Holiday Insanity

tx 3 putt

Picked up my dad from nursing home. Literally took me and three nurses to get him into my car. I was almost in tears and almost gave up. Was ready to tell him I would just bring us both a plate back and eat there. It sucked!

But, wife and I just walked to my office to “switch out sheets” for BIL and his wife to sleep. BIL came knocking on door after a while. He and his wife were less than thrilled. Don’t care. Had sex. 

Edited by YoungCounty
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Your parents were with you at your wife’s parents’ place before you (and they) left for their place?

Correct. My folks and in laws get along very well and we do combined thanksgivings most years (either at folks house or my in laws).

I consider myself an only child now as my brother has completely abandoned the family and hasn’t spoken to my parents or I in 12 years. That’s a story for another thread 😂 

I managed to get my wife to watch the season finale of Andor last night on an iPad. We were snuggled up in some bed from the depression area, if I had to guess, that is bigger then a double but smaller then a queen!? I don’t know, it was a mind fuck, and uncomfortable as hell. My “side” of the bed had lost all supporting characteristics around 1989 or so. I’m fairly certain it did something to my back that is going to make today suck. 

Anyway, my wife has never watched Star Wars anything. I was super pumped because Andor is amazing and I thought for sure she would have to admit this is some quality streaming goodness. Haha nope. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Parliament said:

TEXAS TRIGGER WARNING

Hide contents

My sister (no pics) is making chili "soup."  Soup.  In Ohio they call it soup.

Same with my inlaws when they were alive. It was always made in the crock pot.

To @Armybrat and your missus, hope you all are recuperating and feeling better.

• Hook 'Em 2

Churchy sister had pregame dinner Wednesday night. Among non family friends that were there were some church friends - mom, two autistic sons, daughter who is close to my nephew. Dad and aunt (who may not have met or seen these guests) somehow talking about pandemic stuff and get into a whole thing about antivaxxers, autism, higher covid death rates among these type of people. Sister is turning red and diving in to move the conversation - the dad for this family was apparently not present as he died from being an antivaxxer within the past year or two.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

I managed to get my wife to watch the season finale of Andor last night on an iPad. We were snuggled up in some bed from the depression area, if I had to guess, that is bigger then a double but smaller then a queen!? I don’t know, it was a mind fuck, and uncomfortable as hell. My “side” of the bed had lost all supporting characteristics around 1989 or so. I’m fairly certain it did something to my back that is going to make today suck. 

Anyway, my wife has never watched Star Wars anything. I was super pumped because Andor is amazing and I thought for sure she would have to admit this is some quality streaming goodness. Haha nope. 

If it’s that bad why not get a hotel room?  

22 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

SIL and BIL…Jesus…they’re 40 years old and brought literally ALL of their clothes to wash because they live in a house with no running water. Remember the big freeze we had over a year and a half ago? They haven’t fixed their pipes. They “shower” outside with a garden hose.

We all went (my wife, FIL, my son, and I) went to do a turkey trot this AM.

BIL was still in bed when we left (left at 8:30), called at 9:30 while we were running the fucking race and told my SIL to stop at the grocery store and get him some ice cream because he doesn’t like the stuff my in laws have. Also told her that he needs cherry coke to mix his drinks with. When I got here at 11, he was already passed out and drinking. 

Oh, he had the keys to a car but is too fucking lazy to drive 5 minutes to the damn gas station.

Turkey on the pit. My parents should be here in a  couple hours.

@pearlandhorn really owns these holiday threads

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Since our parents live in the same town and we have the only grandkid, we typically split the kid two nights with my folks and two nights with hers. I took my son out to my in laws this morning and put the turkey on and hung out/helped get dinner together. I told my wife that I’d be taking our son back to my folks house and just crashing there.

We get back to my folks house at 7:15 tonight and as I pull in the driveway, my dad is coming out and putting a suitcase in his truck, my mom is following him…I’m thinking - the fuck is doing on here? I get out of the car and my mom says that my dad is pissed off at her and is leaving. OK - I go inside with my son because I don’t want him to be around that kinda shit.

Come to find out that my mom called him out on his weight, doting on my aunt (my aunt is like a child and my dad treats her as such), and various other things in the one hour since they left my in laws and I showed up at their house. Apparently he packed enough shit to leave for a week but ended up coming back inside after about 10 minutes.

I can’t make this shit up.

My dad was still pissed this morning and accidentally backed into my car, side swiping my entire drivers side rear quarter panel.

He’s moping around still, getting irritated with everyone. I just decided to leave in the middle of the game and go to my in laws. Tired of his winy bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

My dad was still pissed this morning and accidentally backed into my car, side swiping my entire drivers side rear quarter panel.

He’s moping around still, getting irritated with everyone. I just decided to leave in the middle of the game and go to my in laws. Tired of his winy bullshit.

I have you in the lead on this year's thread.  Congrats, I suppose?

Edited by DalTxHornFan

35 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I don’t know if I should be flattered or sad.

edit: my BIL hasn’t showered or brushed his teeth in 3 days. My SIL is bitching about it.

So he’s finally in a house with indoor plumbing and doesn’t take advantage of it by showering?  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Churchy sister had pregame dinner Wednesday night. Among non family friends that were there were some church friends - mom, two autistic sons, daughter who is close to my nephew. Dad and aunt (who may not have met or seen these guests) somehow talking about pandemic stuff and get into a whole thing about antivaxxers, autism, higher covid death rates among these type of people. Sister is turning red and diving in to move the conversation - the dad for this family was apparently not present as he died from being an antivaxxer within the past year or two.

Woof

On 11/25/2022 at 7:16 AM, Telegraph_it said:

You thought some Star Wars stuff would get your old lady turned on and ready to sex you down?  

We need to have a talk. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

You thought some Star Wars stuff would get your old lady turned on and ready to sex you down?  

We need to have a talk. 

The wife is 8 months pregnant with the third. She barely wants me to look at her let alone touch her. 

Star Wars is about all I’m going to get. 

Edited by Telegraph_it
  • Haha 1

to be fair to your uncle, that was a weird location to insert the syringe.  /nojudgement

Saw my "just doing my own research about JFK, Jr." cousin and her family before T-Day.  No real talk of politics other than a few jokes about Adler and Walker.  

I can't believe I did 4 days with the in-laws, who are otherwise lovely and christian people, without any politics.  Was stunned.  Shocked.  I knew we'd watch football, but the thing we watched most after that wasn't cable news, it was World Cup.  

Was at a group breakfast this morning of an economic think tank of a certain tilt, and we just discussed monetary and fiscal policy, no real heated politics.  

Fielding calls this workweek at night from Mom and Sister about holidays.  And nothing about "What do your girls want for Christmas...if we even still have a goddamn country?"  It was just honest questions about gifts and when to setup zoom times and hide Elf 'n shit.  

This last week has been fucking surreal.  Something's going on and y'all aren't telling me about it.  

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 6:16 PM, usmc0331horn said:

My partners’s 20 year old cousin became a fentanyl casualty on Wednesday night so this week has been the absolute worst. He was like a little brother to her. My MiLs boyfriend doesn’t seem to give a shit or offer any empathy or condolences and just dipped to Galveston. I’ve still managed to drink beer and bourbon and watch all the sports with the dogs so it’s been okay considering.

the gf’s bff od’d the week before thanksgiving. It sucked 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

the gf’s bff od’d the week before thanksgiving. It sucked 

Yea the past week has been awful. My wife is broken. His 16 year old brother found and revived him to no avail. He was super close to his older sister and his dad. It's so devastating for the family. I bought her a slew of christmas gifts to make her feel better including a guitar and amp she's wanted to learn how to play the guitar.

• Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Yea the past week has been awful. My wife is broken. His 16 year old brother found and revived him to no avail. He was super close to his older sister and his dad. It's so devastating for the family. I bought her a slew of christmas gifts to make her feel better including a guitar and amp she's wanted to learn how to play the guitar.

the od and grief then led to a ‘mini’ stroke and hospital stay

fun times