Official 2022 Bitch about Family - Holiday Insanity

tx 3 putt

6 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

First year with this agreement with my parents too. It was awesome. No issues with family drama during the holidays but trying to figure out meaningful gifts for adults that can afford shit they really want was always a massive headache. So glad we stopped. Now it’s just about booze and old stories. 

We pushed it for years on my wife's side of the family and finally got it to stick.  It's so much better.  After a while, with eight cousins all getting together for the holidays, we successfully got a draw names exchange going, and they love it.  It's all so much better and makes getting together much more enjoyable.

4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

It would be magical if we could have a thread of family bitching about Surly posters. With all the dysfunction within our “community,” it would be fun to try to match up the stories with the Surly posters.

It didn't start off that way, but . . .

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/28419-we-have-a-dog-issue-yes-we-will-talk-about-bruno/

Edited by dcbc

• 7 months later...

I needed to update everyone on my family dynamic now to set the stage for the 2023 Holiday Thread.

My SIL and BIL have since gotten divorced (about a week or so ago now) so I won't have the extra angle of my in-laws absolutely shitting on my former BIL any longer.  I haz disappoint.

We're going to be doing thanksgiving at our place this year which will be nice.  Christmas will be as it typically is.  Just because we're holding thanksgiving at my house doesn't mean there won't be several shitshows going on.  I'm sure my MIL will piss my wife off, my mom will say something to offend someone.  Just wanted to set the stage that thanksgiving won't be the typical entertainment feast like it has been in the past.  Gloves come off at Christmas this year though.

My SIL who just got divorced has moved to Alaska for the next 6 weeks to be with extended family.  She's been on drugs and alcohol heavily throughout the divorce by way of ex BIL in an attempt to keep her around.  Fuck him. 

Your family tree confuses and frightens me.

I will be with my adopted family of respectful, successful people, who love me more than my blood relative fuck heads ever did. 

Its been 3 years since I cut all contact and I've never been happier in my entire 49 years of life.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 11:30 AM, MissingInAction said:

Your family tree confuses and frightens me.

I will be with my adopted family of respectful, successful people, who love me more than my blood relative fuck heads ever did. 

Its been 3 years since I cut all contact and I've never been happier in my entire 49 years of life.

82ba6c7f-0a11-4ecc-8baf-7826b5132880_tex

• Hook 'Em 1