Texas MidTerm 2022 Early Voting Thread- Oct 24th-Nov.4th

StassneyHorn

Your time to register is done. Loser.

How do I vote in person?

Where can I vote on Election Day?

You can look up where to vote on Texas's site.

Can I vote early?

• Yes, Texas does offer early voting. You can choose whether to vote on Election Day or during the early voting period, whichever is easier for you. This can be especially helpful if it would be difficult or not possible for you to vote on Election Day. Early voting locations may be less crowded, as well.
  • Learn more about voting early in Texas.
  • Early voting locations may be different from where you vote on Election Day. Check Texas’s site to find where to vote early.

What do I need to bring?

You will be asked to show photo ID to vote in Texas.

Acceptable forms include:
  • Texas driver's license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
  • Texas election ID certificate
  • Texas personal ID card
  • Texas handgun license
  • US military ID with photo
  • US citizenship certificate with photograph (doesn't need to be current)
  • US passport

Forms must be current or expired less than four years. For voters aged 70 or older, the acceptable form of photo identification may be expired for any length of time if the identification is otherwise valid. For voters aged 18-69, the acceptable form of photo identification may be expired no more than four years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.

Voters without ID:

If you don't have ID and cannot obtain one due to a reasonable impediment, you'll need to sign a sworn statement that there is a reason why you don't have any of the accepted IDs, and present one of the following:
  • certified birth certificate
  • valid voter registration certificate
  • or a current utility bill, government check, bank statement or paycheck, or government document with your name and an address.

If you meet these requirements and are eligible to vote, you may vote in the election.

If you don't have ID and do not have a reasonable impediment to obtaining one or did not bring ID to the polling place, you may cast a provisional ballot. In order to have the provisional ballot counted, you will be required to visit the voter registrar's office within six (6) calendar days of the date of the election to either present one of the forms of photo ID or submit a temporary affidavit, or, if applicable, qualify for the disability exemption, in the presence of the county voter registrar while attesting to the fact that you do not have any of the required photo IDs.

How can I check the status of my ballot?

You can check the status of your ballot on Texas’s site.

Can I vote early?

Yes, Texas does offer early voting.
  • You can choose whether to vote on Election Day or during the early voting period, whichever is easier for you. This can be especially helpful if it would be difficult or not possible for you to vote on Election Day. Early voting locations may be less crowded, as well.

When can I vote early?

Where can I vote early?

Early voting locations may be different from where you vote on Election Day. Check Texas's site to find where to vote early.

How do I vote by mail?

1. Review the absentee ballot application and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements for voting absentee.
  2. Fill out the application completely.
  3. Submit the request to your local election office.
  4. To vote by mail, you must provide one of the following numbers on your ballot by mail (ABBM) and your mail ballot carrier envelope:
  • Texas Driver’s License,
  • Texas Personal Identification Number,
  • Election Identification Certificate Number issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (NOT your voter registration VUID number), or
  • Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
If you have not been issued one of these identification numbers, you must indicate so by checking the appropriate box on the ABBM or carrier envelope.
Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

I registered to vote on October 10th in a new county. Will I receive a voter card in the mail?  I’m glad to see that my old Texas drivers license will work it’s only been expired for a month as I wait on the new one to arrive. Do I need the voter card or could I just show up with the picture ID and be ok?

• Drool 1

Question -- if I plan on voting 7 or 8 times, is it better to spread those out between different early voting locations on the same day, or hit the same spot just on different days?

Sup faygos 

will be posting the County Clerk Twitters at some point for everyone to track along during the day. They’re usually cool. Especially watching Lina put the high heels in the balls of conservatives. Houston is easily 60/40, let’s see what’s going on this cycle.

Houston is gone. Permanently. By double digits.

• Hook 'Em 3

I noticed how some elections are shifted down a little on the machine so if you were blindly pressing the screen for the Democrats you would hit a Republican a few times, due to the half-sized offset.

I am sure that is just an accident though……

21 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Polls only opened a few hours ago, but I have been busy.  Voted early under my deceased great-uncle's identity and got today's "I voted" sticker.  Spent an hour on the south side of town harvesting ballots.  Now I am off to contact my deep state operatives in Venezuela to activate the QR code vote-changing application on the Dominion voting machines in all of the Panhandle counties.  Try and keep up Sheeple!

Be sure to turn your phone off in case Dinesh is watching.

37 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Polls only opened a few hours ago, but I have been busy.  Voted early under my deceased great-uncle's identity and got today's "I voted" sticker.  Spent an hour on the south side of town harvesting ballots.  Now I am off to contact my deep state operatives in Venezuela to activate the QR code vote-changing application on the Dominion voting machines in all of the Panhandle counties.  Try and keep up Sheeple!

Don’t forget to cast your own vote at some point.  At each precinct you visit. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

7 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

I just got back from a weekend in North Georgia and every one of those people would think this is 100% real.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Voted today. Potter County in the historic Santa Fe Building- love going there.

No line.  paper ballots threw me off at first, but then it prints off a QR code on there that you submit at the final station.

Kudos to the volunteers and poll workers. 'twas very pleasant.

No douchebags or rednecks outside politicking or otherwise. I appreciated that, muchly.

If you can't wait til the morning and noontime updates on the SOS website, county clerk offices have election departments on their website that usually update around 10 every night. Posting the top 5 counties below for reference. I generally just search "XXXXX County clerks elections" and look for totals on the website cause I'm a loser. 

https://www.harrisvotes.com/Election-Results/Election-Reports - just click early voting on the left

https://www.dallascountyvotes.org/early-voting-information/earlyvotingreports/ -3 options

https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/current-election-information.html -Daily Count of Early Voters In-Person and Mail Totals

https://www.bexar.org/1568/Elections-Department - banner says view Early Vote totals

https://countyclerk.traviscountytx.gov/departments/elections/current-election/#daily-totals - click the daily pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

Bexar is 60-40 blue and probably getting bluer so that should be good news.

I voted at a public library off Kyle Seale/Hausman at 130 and the poll worker said they had already had over 600 people when they just barely got 600 for the presidential election for the first day.  Line was about 20-25 deep when I got there and up to about 35-40 by the time I left. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

American hero right here.

Not a huge decline between 2022 and 2018, with the added mail-in ballot restrictions this time around (will be a far lower number cast via mail than 2018/2020) and some rainy weather in some parts of the states yesterday as that front rolled through.  

2018 in Texas - 476,729 on the first day of EV
2022 in Texas - 394,765 on the first day of EV

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Not a huge decline between 2022 and 2018, with the added mail-in ballot restrictions this time around (will be a far lower number cast via mail than 2018/2020) and some rainy weather in some parts of the states yesterday as that front rolled through.  

2018 in Texas - 476,729 on the first day of EV
2022 in Texas - 394,765 on the first day of EV

yeah, was going go vote yesterday but fuck waiting in the rain when I can vote today

Stopped by the SPJST Lodge in the Houston Heights at 7:15a with a 0 people in line yet. I didn't even have to face the wave of supporters that I normally see there.

Proudly voted for every Dem candidate and slightly annoyed that some Harris County GOP candidates were unopposed. I get it that, regardless of a Dem candidate, some races will definitely be won by the GOP candidate. See Paul Bettencourt TX Senate district 7.  But you have to try. 

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Stopped by the SPJST Lodge in the Houston Heights at 7:15a with a 0 people in line yet. I didn't even have to face the wave of supporters that I normally see there.

Proudly voted for every Dem candidate and slightly annoyed that some Harris County GOP candidates were unopposed. I get it that, regardless of a Dem candidate, some races will definitely be won by the GOP candidate. See Paul Bettencourt TX Senate district 7.  But you have to try. 

Hey that's where I voted! (Yesterday)

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That is where I voted yesterday.   It was showing 0 lines at 8 AM but by 8:30 when I arrived there was a small line.   

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That is where I voted yesterday.   It was showing 0 lines at 8 AM but by 8:30 when I arrived there was a small line.   

At 10:30 when I arrived, it took about 25 minutes from getting in line to getting out.  And that was straight D voting, no thinking about it. 

By the time I left, the line was much longer (double the size of the line when I arrived). 

While I still think the new Harris County printed, completed ballots are not necessary, I'm coming around to them.

And it's not because I think the old process was corrupt or flawed. It's because the right is actively trying to find ways to let the courts take away our votes. At least there is now a paper copy of my ballot somewhere. The sad part is that I'm going down the same paranoia trail that the far right went down. 

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

At 10:30 when I arrived, it took about 25 minutes from getting in line to getting out.  And that was straight D voting, no thinking about it. 

By the time I left, the line was much longer (double the size of the line when I arrived). 

Did you notice the half-font-sized shift down for some of the races?  

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ha. I must have missed you by 10 minutes. I think I walked out at 735 after proudly doing the same as yourself. There were about 8 folks in there with me. Then I saw an Aggy truck pull up next to me also sporting this bumper sticker and my good mood went to shit immediately. 

image.png.007219e88c35b7e68a59a6984bcb43af.png

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ha. I must have missed you by 10 minutes. I think I walked out at 735 after proudly doing the same as yourself. There were about 8 folks in there with me. Then I saw an Aggy truck pull up next to me also sporting this bumper sticker and my good mood went to shit immediately. 

image.png.007219e88c35b7e68a59a6984bcb43af.png

Dude, that's a Go Stanford, Beat Notre Dame sticker.  Dude probably got a biology degree from Stanford and then went to the world's best vet school.

ndwins.gif

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Funny, but sadly no. 

Oh it's another cult

Flags are flown and emblems worn – The Appeal to Heaven flag is flown to show who a person is – a man or woman who does not look to men or government for approval, but lives by principles of their convictions and appeals to the Almighty for protection, provision and justice.

Some of the higher attended places yesterday in Harris County:

Bayland Park - 1200
Jersey Village - 1400
East Harris County - 1600
First Congregational Church - 1100
Freeman Branch Library - 1260
HCC West Loop South - 1050
Barbara Bush HCPL - 1000
Maud Smith Marks HCPL - 1050
Humble - 1000
Juergens Hall - 1700
Kingwood - 1300