Texas MidTerm 2022 Early Voting Thread- Oct 24th-Nov.4th

StassneyHorn

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We are on track to approach and maybe surpass 2018 total early votes.  Turnout % is obviously much lower this year.

2018 early total was ~5.6m votes.  This year, we're at 4.75m with 2 days to go. Yesterday was about 500K so 2022 could get close to the 2018 totals. A safe bet would be that we get close to 5.5m.

So does this mean we gained population, but more people are non-voters?  I can't imagine there's going to be some massive turnout on election day above the norm.

25 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I bet there is massive turnout on election day above norms that leans heavily toward Republicans.

In Texas, all indications are that the turnout percentage will not match 2018, and obviously it won't come close to any presidential race. 

I agree that we will basically match the vote count from 2018. And Abbott wins by more than Cruz won in '18. 

18 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

My wife just voted at the McNeil HS location, and said there was a decent crowd. She said most of the people looked like dems so maybe a good sign 

Hmmm. What does a Dem look like? How can you tell someone’s political affiliation in 2022 by appearances? Green hair and a bone in their nose? Lots of people voting D these days might not look like what you’d think…

So does this mean we gained population, but more people are non-voters?  I can't imagine there's going to be some massive turnout on election day above the norm.

About 1.9 million more registered voters. An increase of 11.8% according to DMN/Census Bureau. Not sure what the overall population increase was.

14 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

Hmmm. What does a Dem look like? How can you tell someone’s political affiliation in 2022 by appearances? Green hair and a bone in their nose? Lots of people voting D these days might not look like what you’d think…

Chacos and man buns. Duh 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

I accused her of some light racism when she said that 

• Haha 2

You can demographically ballpark it by age, race, gender, and location. Generally, younger, less white, more female, and obviously in a Democratic leaning area would all be indicators of a Democratic lean. Not very precise in a small sample and you can’t assess education level visually, which is also becoming quite predictive.

5 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

EAIIw1XXoAIr4fH.jpg

lDMb89LPICamS7rP.jpg

True enough. But D is a big tent— you can line up a rogues gallery and have them come from all walks of life and presented aesthetics and they could all be united against R for uniquely different reasons, is my point. R’s are more monolithic (to your point) outside of Kanye and maybe Kyrie Irving one day.

Edited by MeerkatBong

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Travis County wait times show 7 polling locations with greater than 51 minute wait right now and 9 more with 21-50 min waits.  Not sure why everyone waited til today, but rock on I guess.

I think people just like to wait until the last minute. 

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Line at La Quinta off 610 in Houston is insanely long. And apparently the hotel doesn't have sufficient air conditioning. Didn't expect this. 

The line or the lack of AC?

My friend said the line at the Girl Scout office off 59 is 300 people. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The line or the lack of AC?

My friend said the line at the Girl Scout office off 59 is 300 people. 

Either. But it's a la quinta, so I should have known better about the AC. I would say we got a couple hundred in line here. And I can't see inside the other doors. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Travis County wait times show 7 polling locations with greater than 51 minute wait right now and 9 more with 21-50 min waits.  Not sure why everyone waited til today, but rock on I guess.

My plan was to vote Tuesday or Wednesday at an off time. Tested positive for COVID on Monday.  Guess I’m slumming it on Election Day. 

any Rec’s for deserted polling locations down south/central? Sunset valley city hall has been ok in the past. 

2 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Line is completely around the FAC on campus (UGL for you old fucks). Probably a two hour wait. 

Have to admit,  I was so fucking confused when I had to go to a meeting at FAC and google maps kept trying to put me at the UGL.  

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

You can demographically ballpark it by age, race, gender, and location. Generally, younger, less white, more female, and obviously in a Democratic leaning area would all be indicators of a Democratic lean. Not very precise in a small sample and you can’t assess education level visually, which is also becoming quite predictive.

Also, you can tell its a Dem crowd based on the lack of mouth breathing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Now 14 locations >51 min

https://countyclerk.traviscountytx.gov/departments/elections/current-election/#wait-times

47 minutes ago, Gale Snoats said:

about a 30 minute wait at city hall downtown Austin just now but line about twice as long as when i went it.  based on my bias of likely traits of both sides i'd say almost everyone there going with the D.  

I mean, it's Austin. That's a good bet. 

2 hours ago, drt said:

My plan was to vote Tuesday or Wednesday at an off time. Tested positive for COVID on Monday.  Guess I’m slumming it on Election Day. 

any Rec’s for deserted polling locations down south/central? Sunset valley city hall has been ok in the past. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to vote at the polling station for your precinct if you go on Election Day. Voting anywhere in the county is only allowed during early voting.

1 minute ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to vote at the polling station for your precinct if you go on Election Day. Voting anywhere in the county is only allowed during early voting.

Certain counties participate in the Countywide Polling Place Program and you can vote anywhere in the county

Election Day Voting Locations

On Election Day, if your county participates in the Countywide Polling Place Program (CWPP) – commonly referred to as ‘Vote Centers’ – you can vote at any location in your county of residence. If your county does not participate in the CWPP, you can only vote at the voting precinct assigned to you. 

https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/laws/countywide-polling-place-program.shtml

• Hook 'Em 1

SOS says 104k for Harris 

5.472 million with some counties still not reported from yesterday 

Surpassed 2018 in raw numbers but turnout % is down - 40% in 2018 and 31% this year.  +5 million in new voters since 2018 as well

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

SOS says 104k for Harris 

5.472 million with some counties still not reported from yesterday 

Surpassed 2018 in raw numbers but turnout % is down - 40% in 2018 and 31% this year.  +5 million in new voters since 2018 as well

I would like to see 75%+ turnout once in my life. 

22 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

That's all? Doesn't seem that great to me 

Really, no one knows what the ED vote will look like. Dems *claim* they’ll be voting on ED with COVID concerns basically over. GOP always show up on Election Day, but they’ve always early voted in Texas too