Texas MidTerm 2022 Early Voting Thread- Oct 24th-Nov.4th

StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ha. I must have missed you by 10 minutes. I think I walked out at 735 after proudly doing the same as yourself. There were about 8 folks in there with me. Then I saw an Aggy truck pull up next to me also sporting this bumper sticker and my good mood went to shit immediately. 

image.png.007219e88c35b7e68a59a6984bcb43af.png

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh it's another cult

33 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And the tree?

In a spirit of deliberate obtuseness, I do believe I could have a lot of fun with this should I encounter someone with this emblem. I mean, I love trees and I have been known to plant them, water them, and even hug them and it is so nice to find a kindred spirit. And who doesn't wish to fellowship with someone who believes that the Almighty should dispense justice. No need for weapons when he protects and provides. I love trees.

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Some of the higher attended places yesterday in Harris County:

Bayland Park - 1200
Jersey Village - 1400
East Harris County - 1600
First Congregational Church - 1100
Freeman Branch Library - 1260
HCC West Loop South - 1050
Barbara Bush HCPL - 1000
Maud Smith Marks HCPL - 1050
Humble - 1000
Juergens Hall - 1700
Kingwood - 1300
Klein - 1100
Metropolitan Multiservices Center the big winner at 2000
Nottingham Park - 1000
Richard and Meg Weekley - 1975
Saint John Lutheran - 1200
SPSJT Lodge - 1350
Steve Radack - 1200
Tomball - 1200
Trini Mendenhall - 1500

Humble, Kingwood, Tomball, Juergen's Hall, Jersey Village, Nottingham Park...fuck maybe even Klein and Bayland Park. These are...not good. 

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

In a spirit of deliberate obtuseness, I do believe I could have a lot of fun with this should I encounter someone with this emblem. I mean, I love trees and I have been known to plant them, water them, and even hug them and it is so nice to find a kindred spirit. And who doesn't wish to fellowship with someone who believes that the Almighty should dispense justice. No need for weapons when he protects and provides. I love trees.

Good luck. I can send you the address of the fuckwad down the street who's flying it in his yard. I've never met the person, but my guess is you'll be shot dead after taking two steps onto their property. You won't even make it to the doorbell, because I'd wager this is the guy who sits in his house waiting for someone to trespass so they can shoot them. 

South-Park-Gifs — for imaguineapirate

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Humble, Kingwood, Tomball, Juergen's Hall, Jersey Village, Nottingham Park...fuck maybe even Klein and Bayland Park. These are...not good. 

It was a mixed bag, but some of those in the suburbs always vote big regardless because there's less places for them to go.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MeerkatBong said:

My HOA club house had a voting station set up, so that made it super convenient and easy. No line, no fuss, no muss, no electioneering, just good old fashioned flirting with the 90 year old volunteers and an "I voted sticker". My favorite time of the year.

ArmyBrat sock? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

meteor-clipart-2018-1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Harris and Williamson are on pace with yesterday, while Tarrant is seeing a 30% uptick from yesterday.  Tarrant was more affected by the storms yesterday during voting hours. 

Harris - 22,700 voters by noon
Williamson - 23,700 as of 2:20pm
Tarrant - 53,300 as of 2:20pm

• Hook 'Em 2

Also Target Smart currently has Texas modeled at 47.7 D, 43.3 R, and 9.0 unaffiliated as of this morning's update.

This compares to:

2018 - 44.7 D, 50.2 R, 5.1 unaffiliated
2020 - 41.3 D, 48.1 R, 10.6 unaffiliated

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

surprises me that people are more motivated to vote now than 2018. I was champing at the bit, monitoring everything.  I guess the state of panic takes a while to wash over everyone. 

posrep for "champing" instead of "chomping"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

SOS site had the noon update to reflect some of the missing counties from yesterday on the in person numbers. Still a handful of smaller counties not showing anyone showing up first day.

472,802 is only a little less than 2018 day 1 - 476,729.  And that was with Tarrant's shitty day 1 bc of the rain

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also Target Smart currently has Texas modeled at 47.7 D, 43.3 R, and 9.0 unaffiliated as of this morning's update.

This compares to:

2018 - 44.7 D, 50.2 R, 5.1 unaffiliated
2020 - 41.3 D, 48.1 R, 10.6 unaffiliated

What does this even mean?

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

surprises me that people are more motivated to vote now than 2018. I was champing at the bit, monitoring everything.  I guess the state of panic takes a while to wash over everyone. 

How would he know the D/R breakdown? That adds up to 91% in Texas. I'd be highly suspect that 91% are registered with one party or another.

15 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

How would he know the D/R breakdown? That adds up to 91% in Texas. I'd be highly suspect that 91% are registered with one party or another.

Target Smart models the data.  No one in Texas is registered to a political party in Texas 

TargetSmart has developed a proprietary partisanship classification model to determine the likely political affiliation of a voter. This predictive model is trained using survey data and incorporates various data points such as vote history, party affiliation (where available), consumer interests, and demographic information to make a prediction of how likely a person is to align with the Democratic or Republican party. Those marked asUnaffiliated did not fall into a score range where we could make a confident prediction of affiliation.

The partisan model was constructed using over 56,000 survey respondents, both over the phone and online. Model scores are expressed from 0-100, representing the probability that a person identifies as a Democrat or Republican. The model was used to score over 256 million voting age persons nationwide. 

Party registration and predicted party alignment statistics are not intended to predict votes or election outcome

Voters don't always vote lock step with their party registration/alignment. Please do not mistake TargetSmart's prediction of party alignment with election outcome predictions.

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Maybe Jan 6, 2021 actually made people pay attention. One can hope.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Can someone explain to me why Rs seem to disproportionately vote ON election day as opposed to early?  Why would you put yourself through that?

“Tradition”. FRAUD. Etc. 

https://www.reformaustin.org/elections/why-are-texas-voters-not-heading-to-the-booths/

On Monday it was the first day of Early Voting, and compared to the 2018 midterm elections – where Texans saw an uptick of 18 percentage points in voting turnout – the numbers were disappointing.

When comparing Texas’ 16 largest counties, in 2018, by the end of the first day of early voting, 5.55% of registered voters had either already mailed in their ballot or had cast their vote, then in 2020, Texans continued this trend with 6.71% of in-person and mail voters participating in the first day of early voting.

So why is it that in 2022, only 2.84% of registered voters in Texas’ 16 largest counties, according to data from the Texas Secretary of State website, actually cast a vote? 

3cQkMq9FJ6wU_mfVQbwIStr1hwYC3FdvmiNM1FPN3E-Xg0HLIF4iGZKdZ1OyNEpoT0isAu4vQDrRpViFhHMwmNAXeb6zhWPD6sjEVKbqsDe_FQSpBiq8UwOblJSzIwZ-Vt6xOb-yBBiPALwoeCe6vN-UBebItqI3gnq8hgd8Metv8UxJp9GxoBQ_6A

13 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

https://www.reformaustin.org/elections/why-are-texas-voters-not-heading-to-the-booths/

On Monday it was the first day of Early Voting, and compared to the 2018 midterm elections – where Texans saw an uptick of 18 percentage points in voting turnout – the numbers were disappointing.

When comparing Texas’ 16 largest counties, in 2018, by the end of the first day of early voting, 5.55% of registered voters had either already mailed in their ballot or had cast their vote, then in 2020, Texans continued this trend with 6.71% of in-person and mail voters participating in the first day of early voting.

So why is it that in 2022, only 2.84% of registered voters in Texas’ 16 largest counties, according to data from the Texas Secretary of State website, actually cast a vote? 

3cQkMq9FJ6wU_mfVQbwIStr1hwYC3FdvmiNM1FPN3E-Xg0HLIF4iGZKdZ1OyNEpoT0isAu4vQDrRpViFhHMwmNAXeb6zhWPD6sjEVKbqsDe_FQSpBiq8UwOblJSzIwZ-Vt6xOb-yBBiPALwoeCe6vN-UBebItqI3gnq8hgd8Metv8UxJp9GxoBQ_6A

I bet tomorrow's numbers from today paint a different picture

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, my read on not busy voting centers in the blue areas of Texas is bad news…

Oh I think democrats are gonna get creamed in this state, maybe nationally. People are idiots. They’re swinging back to republicans after democrats peaked too early. I think my husband gets annoyed with my negative thinking when it comes to Texas ever turning blue. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

They wrote this article without having the 3rd,5th or 13th largest counties voting totals and handfuls of other incomplete counties. 2018 was matched, and probably would’ve been exceeded had the Metroplex not had shitty weather

Case in point. As I was leaving the rec center, there were about 3 late teen/early 20s girls? I don’t know, young. As they walked by the room where voting was taking place, one of them says, oh I need to remember to vote. Another girl said, yeah I need to do that tonight. 

Really? The very rights that you have regarding your own body autonomy is on the ballot and you need to remember to vote? We are a lazy society and we are sleepwalking through our rights being systematically deconstructed. I’m on the ledge with others here, I just don’t see how this turns around without some very turbulent times. 

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Oh I think democrats are gonna get creamed in this state, maybe nationally. People are idiots. They’re swinging back to republicans after democrats peaked too early. I think my husband gets annoyed with my negative thinking when it comes to Texas ever turning blue. 

Polls show GOP started to creep up for a week or two when gas prices went up. They’ve started moving down again, just as voting opened. Fortuitous timing 

788,663 in person and mail in ballots have been counted. Please tell the dorks at Reform Austin they don’t know how to read the SOS site and should consult me directly before hitting any submit button.

Edit: Dallas still doesn’t have the right amount of number for mail in ballots received on the SOS site. It’s undercounted bigly

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

788,663 in person and mail in ballots have been counted. Please tell the dorks at Reform Austin they don’t know how to read the SOS site and should consult me directly before hitting any submit button.

Edit: Dallas still doesn’t have the right amount of number for mail in ballots received on the SOS site. It’s undercounted bigly

Dallas mail in ballots are showing 82, when it’s really 10,293

I voted on the first day around 615 at southpark meadows, I was second in line with all the registrars helping someone and every machine taken.  

And I vote on the first day because if I would've had a heart attack last night I still would've had my vote in against every Republican on the ballot.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I voted on the first day around 615 at southpark meadows, I was second in line with all the registrars helping someone and every machine taken.  

And I vote on the first day because if I would've had a heart attack last night I still would've had my vote in against every Republican on the ballot.  

YEP!! If I die between now and Election Day, my vote still counts. Maybe. Texas is ambiguous and has no law on the books if they count it or it can be challenged. 

13 states have statues that they can be counted. 13 say they can’t be counted. Texas is among the 24 that don’t have a statue or law 

By our count, statutes in at least 13 states (Arkansas, Connecticut, Idaho, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Tennessee and Virginia) direct election officials to count these ballots.

Again by our count, 13 states go the other way and are clear that these ballots are not to be counted: Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky (by an AG’s opinion, 77-667), Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Dakota and Wisconsin. 

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

YEP!! If I die between now and Election Day, my vote still counts. Maybe. Texas is ambiguous and has no law on the books if they count it or it can be challenged. 

13 states have statues that they can be counted. 13 say they can’t be counted. Texas is among the 24 that don’t have a statue or law 

If there’s nothing saying it wouldn’t or doesn’t count,  I’d assume the vote would be counted, but let’s hope we don’t have to find out.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

If there’s nothing saying it wouldn’t or doesn’t count,  I’d assume the vote would be counted, but let’s hope we don’t have to find out.

I would LOVE to find out. If a Texas statewide race comes down to a few recently deceased voters, that means Dems are creaming the GOP elsewhere in the nation.