National Early Voting Thread- ElectionProject

StassneyHorn

We are running at about 2.4 million votes so far, and that's not including states who haven't reported yet, like Ohio, who started on Monday, and states that have mailed out ballots. 

For instance:

VA is at 282,589 so far.  In 2021, they were around 285-290k at this point, so roughly on pace, considering they have no statewide races in 2022.  They are about 62k votes from surpassing 2018 early voting totals. 

Georgia had 168k early voters on Monday (first day).  They had 140,000 early voters in 2020 on day 1. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Old dem logic of higher turnout is a good thing still applies I hope?

I maintain what I said yesterday - it usually helps us, but not always.  Trump is not on the ballot to activate casual voters on that side and Dobbs is doing it for the Dems, but we will see.  High turnout > low turnout though, as it might at least end up a neutral-2020 environment. 

I think Texas starts early voting on the 24th. 

I will have made up my mind about whether to vote for Mark Jones by then. He’s the kind of candidate I would not have thought twice about supporting in the past, R or not. The guy was personally at the problem intersection of 1626 and 2770 for years, early morning until the rush was over, hand operating the traffic lights, trying  to do what he could about a real problem. Every work day.  Never missed a day. I’ve met the man. He’s the type Texan I’ve known, and liked, for over a half century.

But, you know, Republican is a different animal these days. Recently, he has come out as an Independent. So, I’ve got to weigh my vote in the Hays County Judge race. 

46 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Is Texas early voting starting later than usual? I swear we had more than one Saturday in the past.

2020 had an extended early voting due to COVID.  

2016 - October 24 to Nov 4
2018 - October 22 to Nov 2
2020 - October 13 to October 30

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Early voting in Texas starts today. Also….. some very important numbers should come out of Nevada today. Hopefully good numbers for dems.

GOP leads in in-person but Dems crushed the weekend mail in return ballot numbers. As usual. 

Going to vote today.  Have not voted on actual election Day in a long time.

Our society's general lack of participation in the process has long bothered me.  Oh well...

2.2MM folks in Clark County above, and that's it?  I mean it's early, but damn.

I voted at ~10:30 on Friday at the library in Wake Forest, which is a fairly close suburb to Raleigh. I think Friday was day 2 of early voting. 25 minute wait. Certainly was surrounded by a fair number of republicans but I still feel like that level of early participation is a good sign.

• Hook 'Em 1

Voted this morning. Took my 74 year old mom and she voted. In hindsight, olds are too chatty while waiting in line to go into the voting room. Lol…so chatty. Deed is done. Feels good to have that off my angst.

D79028B2-25F7-49E9-909F-5609D12AAA89.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Going to vote today.  Have not voted on actual election Day in a long time.

Our society's general lack of participation in the process has long bothered me.  Oh well...

2.2MM folks in Clark County above, and that's it?  I mean it's early, but damn.

It's literally been like 3 days.  And Clark County had some nasty wind storms Friday and Saturday.

It's not like most of Clark County has normal jobs with weekends off.  Every registered voter got a mail-in ballot for the first time ever as well. Those mail-in numbers are physical drop offs (the Unions were organizing drop offs on Saturday), not what was send back in the mail. 

2.2 million folks, 12,500 in-person + 39,000 mail, so in the first 3 days, you had roughly 50k votes (7.8% of 2018 in 3 days).  652k was the Clark County turnout in 2018 and 950k in 2020. 

Edited by Js1

I'm feeling a straight ticket today.
This despite knowing a judicial candidate and knowing him to have been a good guy.  But with an R by his name, I can no longer trust that evaluation.

This. I pulled up my ballot (seven pages, Harris County holla!) to go through all the races and everything except props, bonds, etc. is R vs D. That actually makes it pretty easy, because a R by the name, no matter the back story, is disqualifying.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm feeling a straight ticket today.

This despite knowing a judicial candidate and knowing him to have been a good guy.  But with an R by his name, I can no longer trust that evaluation.

Same.  For judicial races, I've voted for R's in the past, because I've known some Republican appellate judges who are very good judges despite their political affiliation.  I don't think I can do that this year.

So I plan on voting on Friday. 

question- I registered early this month, but haven’t received a voter ID card. But I checked the website and it shows me as registered, eligible for this election, and I think has my voter ID number. 

I don’t want any issues or questioning, is there reason to wait for the card to arrive or is it enough that I’m on the role and will have my tx dl?

Did anyone else’s voting machines change this year? For many elections when we still lived in Woodlands area, we had a little computer screen with the Fingertip turn dial selector. For the past three years in Amarillo we use the same machines. Walk in this morning, and they have me a sheet of paper and tell me that’s my ballot. I was like damn we just went 30 years backwards… But then I went and voted on the machine inserted the paper into the computer and it printed off a QR code that I had to take to another person running a station and cast my ballot. I’m glad there was no line, because it definitely took longer than the old process. If it’s more accurate, then I support it. 

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Did anyone else’s voting machines change this year? For many elections when we still lived in Woodlands area, we had a little computer screen with the Fingertip turn dial selector. For the past three years in Amarillo we use the same machines. Walk in this morning, and they have me a sheet of paper and tell me that’s my ballot. I was like damn we just went 30 years backwards… But then I went and voted on the machine inserted the paper into the computer and it printed off a QR code that I had to take to another person running a station and cast my ballot. I’m glad there was no line, because it definitely took longer than the old process. If it’s more accurate, then I support it. 

That was a thing in the primary. Paper trail 

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So I plan on voting on Friday. 

question- I registered early this month, but haven’t received a voter ID card. But I checked the website and it shows me as registered, eligible for this election, and I think has my voter ID number. 

I don’t want any issues or questioning, is there reason to wait for the card to arrive or is it enough that I’m on the role and will have my tx dl?

Do you have a state issued ID? 

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Be sure to thank your poll workers.  I think I made a few peoples' day.

Of course, it's no big thing in a mighty whitey precinct like mine, but still.

This. Thank them. Be polite. They’re volunteering. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. Thank them. Be polite. They’re volunteering. 

They get paid. That's why I figure they can handle when I boo them and tell them they are all mules.

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

It's literally been like 3 days.  And Clark County had some nasty wind storms Friday and Saturday.

It's not like most of Clark County has normal jobs with weekends off.  Every registered voter got a mail-in ballot for the first time ever as well. Those mail-in numbers are physical drop offs (the Unions were organizing drop offs on Saturday), not what was send back in the mail. 

2.2 million folks, 12,500 in-person + 39,000 mail, so in the first 3 days, you had roughly 50k votes (7.8% of 2018 in 3 days).  652k was the Clark County turnout in 2018 and 950k in 2020. 

Hoping Clark can get to 700k this year. That would probably be enough for CCM to win.

Edited by Voldemort86

I voted early today here in SA at a public library off Kyle Seale Pkwy.  I was surprised there was a line at 1:15 on the first day.  According to one of the workers, he stated that they were already at over 600 votes cast today at that location.  He said in 2020 they maybe got 600 in the whole first day.

Nobody outside aside from peeps from our local DA race.  I went straight ticket Dem because fuck abbott and all his little posse.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

GOP leads in in-person but Dems crushed the weekend mail in return ballot numbers. As usual. 

Turns out this was just ballots dropped off on Friday, NOT anything dropped off this weekend.  Those should come out today and be bigly huge.

From The King of Vegas himself (Ralston):

Some news on mail ballots in Clark County, which favored Dems in the first batch. I've confirmed that those 40,000 ballots are only the one received through Friday and that what will be released this afternoon are mail ballots dropped off or received this weekend. Could be big.