Matt Campbell is a little bitch-made pussy

ztejas

15 minutes ago, Nivek said:

RG3 has watched a enough B12 football to understand they just make shit up. Question is why don’t you understand that? See the Alabama “targeting” call that was actually a safety.

I don't want to hear any talking-head "wishcast" a fabricated call into a game-changing penalty... there's enough of that in this shit conference and I'd like to see our exit before the next one racks up.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Is there any doubt that Charlie Strong would have received a 15-yard penalty if he had done what Campbell did today? Vegas wouldn't even put a line on that because a flag would be guaranteed.

Well the ref would bump into him first of course

I agree with OP but to be honest, he has the best job you can have at college. No expectations at all except not terribly suck and beat some big programs every now and then. But won't be fired for not winning hardware. And making good money doing it. Kudos to him.

But yes, he's a pussy with his antics.

Cambell seems cool in that presser under the circumstances. Focussing on his team. I thought he had made some kind of BS statement after seeing the title of this thread but he seems alright to me. I disagree with his opinion and think the ball came out right as his knee was going down, but hey he is not wrong about the lack of transparency the refs often show.

• Hook 'Em 1

Any coach in the world would be mad after his QB took a hit like that. In the moment it looked like it might’ve been targeting, on replay it looked like it really wasn’t. I didn’t see anything wrong with him being upset at that.
I do think he’s an overrated coach though.

You run the option with a pocket passer qb, its on you. Like when Greg Davis ran Colt in title game. Dont be surprised when you QB gets obliterated.

When the QB kept it and was surrounded by Horns, time to slide. As a constraint play, you’ve seen it work where there’s open field. Not this time.

Its why Herman’s QB run offense was shit. Sam was deceptive and tough and could run it, but it wore him down. Needs to be an alternative for guys to get easy yards and convert third down but its madness to rely on it if you also want a modern passing offense.

Campbell has no one to blame but himself if that’s his take.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

I don't want to hear any talking-head "wishcast" a fabricated call into a game-changing penalty... there's enough of that in this shit conference and I'd like to see our exit before the next one racks up.

now imagine the future when we are in the playoffs and the b12 sends the officials for that game....

• Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I agree with OP but to be honest, he has the best job you can have at college. No expectations at all except not terribly suck and beat some big programs every now and then. But won't be fired for not winning hardware. And making good money doing it. Kudos to him.

I like the logic.

Didn’t Fertitta offer Herman a ton of cash to stay at UH?  What was Herman thinking?  Stay in River Oaks, cash the checks, and take down a top 25 team every third year or so?  #winning.

• Hook 'Em 1

1st off, it's hilarious to think that the Big 12 reviewers didn't review targeting while they were also reviewing the fumble. Since Dekkers was a runner at that point, he was not considered a defenseless player, so the targeting rule changes. Cook clearly hits Dekker in the shoulder and not the head and neck area. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Should have been a flag the moment he stepped onto the field, but certainly when he reached midfield and blew past his potentially injured QB to yell at the refs.  If Sark had done the same thing, you better believe it would have been called.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

MATT CAMPBELL GOES BALLISTIC OVER TARGETING CONTROVERSY AS IOWA STATE CHOKES AWAY WIN OVER TEXAS WITH WIDE-OPEN DROP

Iowa State football covered the spread against Texas on Saturday, but could not leave Austin with a win. The Cyclones choked away an opportunity to take the lead in the final minutes and a questionable lack of targeting call all but ended the game.

With just under three minutes left in the game, Iowa State trailed by three with the ball. It was driving into Texas territory and set up on 1st-and-10 from just inside the 50-yard-line.

Quarterback Hunter Dekkers took the snap, dropped back in the pocket and unleashed a bomb to the right side. Wide receiver Xavier Hutchinson was wide open and streaking toward the end zone.

Had the throw-and-catch been perfect, he would have scored. Instead, he choked it away.

Dekkers’ pass was slightly under-thrown, so Hutchinson had to stop his stride, slow up and track the ball. It wasn’t on the money, but it was pretty darn good.

Rather than hauling it in for a first down at the Texas 10-yard-line, he dropped it. The ball hit Hutchinson in the hands, he had it in his arms as he hit the ground, and dropped it. Brutal.

A drop like that simply will not win you any football games. Iowa State choked away its best opportunity of the afternoon.

However, it did not take them out of the game. The Cyclones kept the ball and continued to drive, slowly but surely.

And then a questionable targeting no-call made things even more interesting between Iowa State and Texas football.

With two minutes and 22 seconds left in the game, Dekkers ran an RPO to the left side and kept the ball himself. After a four-yard game, he got LICKED by Longhorns defensive back Anthony Cook and coughed up the ball.

The hit on Dekkers was a big pop and it raises two questions:

Was Dekkers’ knee down before he fumbled?

Did Cook’s hit warrant a targeting penalty?

You be the judge:

As for those who thought that there should have been a flag thrown, Campbell was the most vocal. He ran over to the officiating crew and lost his mind, making it very clear that he thought targeting should have been called on the play.

The dichotomy of Campbell flipping his lid while Longhorns fans celebrated in the stands is incredible. Especially considering that his team might have won if it didn’t drop a wide open pass in the red zone. After recovering the fumble, Texas ran out the clock and held on to win.

21 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Exactly, dude is winless in conference so far this year. Started last season ranked in the top 10 and finished 7-6 (5-4 in conf). But you won't hear his name on any "hot seat" lists anytime soon. ISU fans are still thrilled to have him as he continues his quest of getting his teams to be the best versions of themselves that they can be. They will probably win a couple of conference games this year, but even if they don't, he will talk about how proud he is of his team, and everyone in Ames will head into the offseason fondly reliving that 10-7 demolition of Iowa. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Exactly, dude is winless in conference so far this year. Started last season ranked in the top 10 and finished 7-6 (5-4 in conf). But you won't hear his name on any "hot seat" lists anytime soon. ISU fans are still thrilled to have him as he continues his quest of getting his teams to be the best versions of themselves that they can be. They will probably win a couple of conference games this year, but even if they don't, he will talk about how proud he is of his team, and everyone in Ames will head into the offseason fondly reliving that 10-7 demolition of Iowa. 

Exactly. Iowa State knows their place in the landscape of college football. They aren't ever going to be a national championship contender, no matter how inflated their record is to start the season (I think they were top 10 or close last year to begin the year). This is really the expectations Nebraska should have going forward but they never will because they are forever chasing what they used to be decades ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

Their fans agree with him that they were jobbed.  Previous poster is correct that playing the wronged little guy is a safe policy for him re staying off the hot seat.   The fact of the matter is he is a good coach.  But it’s pretty disingenuous to be demphasizing winning in your talk and then acting like a lunatic when you lose.  

• Like 1

Dude is wound up too tight.  I get the repeated fuckery by the B12 officials has gotten to him as well, but he needs to re-evaluate himself.   Tom Herman mocked a player's stupid little dance on the sideline during a game and it was kind of funny (and a little inappropriate).  But Campbell seems like he is cursing an opposing player and calling him a bitch.   That is too far.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm sober. Just got off work. 

Those two sentences are not necessarily mutually exclusive. It is at least possible that a Venn diagram of “ZTejas at work” and “drunk” may show an overlap of the circles. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nnm said:

Those two sentences are not necessarily mutually exclusive. It is at least possible that a Venn diagram of “ZTejas at work” and “drunk” may show an overlap of the circles. 

Absolutely at past stops. Not at this job (or anymore). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Stewart Mandel predicted Texas would go 4-8. 2-7 in conference. He picked the wrong team, but his thesis was correct. This is an unforgiving conference. 

Iowa State is a decent team that shouldn’t be 0-4 in conference, but here we are. I think they’d be 2-2 or 3-1 in every other conference. 

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 2:19 PM, ztejas said:

Acting like a fucking toddler. Afraid to go coach at a real program. What a loser.

Suck that big Bevo dick ISU. 

This thread is long overdue...I remember him going unhinged over an offsides call, that he was dead wrong about BTW, and still screaming at the HL 3 series later. Way you teach your players to dwell on a negative and not work to overcome something.  When someone mentioned him as a possible replacement I cringed . He's a fucking cunt

• Haha 1