Matt Campbell is a little bitch-made pussy

ztejas

2 hours ago, The Deuce said:

Probably could find out if there was some type of NIL deal set up with the TE group, which allowed us access to things such as this. We should start working on that. Bet we could get an interview out of it, and have fan questions involve that specifically. 

If this involves having to listen to imma and/or rgb, it’ll just remain a mystery to me. 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Win5002 said:

Interesting that they think this video somehow supports the targeting claim. Cook's helmet is clearly at the shoulder pad.  His left arm is near Dekkers' helmet at the moment of impact, but Dekkers' head does not move at all, and Cook's arm slides back away from it.  I'm not even sure it so much as grazed the helmet. Nothing here shows targeting. 

I'm also pretty sure this video was not from an ESPN camera and was not available for a relay review. 

And as many have pointed out Dekkers was not a defenseless player.  If we looked at slo-mo closeups of every Bijan carry there would be 4 or 5 per game as bad as this. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

I tried to justify the secure the bag thing, but in hindsight it really was a big red flag. That was a lot worse than the Campbell thing though. Campbell briefly lost his cool in a highly emotional moment.

BTW I wish we could find out what was said to Campbell.

What The Wtf GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Look their fans are frustrated. Just like us they blew opportunities on Saturday and have had a crazy frustrating season so far. Best to just drop it. They will obsess until their next game.

Are you kidding ???

They will obsess about that call for YEARS 😋

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

It was an amazingly precise hit that sniped the football. Just watch the play. Dekkers appears fine, sees that Texas recovered the ball, and then starts rolling around grabbing his head like he's dying. He didn't spend a second in the injury tent and was ready to go right back in if we didn't get a first down.

I'm sure it hurt a little bit, but the writhing around was a total act. The mistake Dekkers with an S made is that he should have just lied there completely still. That honestly may have changed the call.

It almost looks like they planned for it.  He leads with his helmet, rolls around pretending to be hurt, and Campbell is on the field in a split second, not to check on his 'injured player' but to yell at the refs.  

30 minutes ago, Nivek said:

It almost looks like they planned for it.  He leads with his helmet, rolls around pretending to be hurt, and Campbell is on the field in a split second, not to check on his 'injured player' but to yell at the refs.  

He definitely did put a bit of a soccer flop performance and Asshat absolutely was only out there to get on the refs

Snaggle tooth little pussy needs to stay in his lane.  He fucked up by not taking a better job when he was winning.  Now he has a good DC who will most likely get a ton of offers for his work and bail for more money.   He should have been flagged and cold-cocked for his late game mouth.  Warms my chilly heart cockles that ISU is the suck this year.  Without his Purdy luck run, they are ass, my dude.  

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Snaggle tooth little pussy needs to stay in his lane.  He fucked up by not taking a better job when he was winning.  Now he has a good DC who will most likely get a ton of offers for his work and bail for more money.   He should have been flagged and cold-cocked for his late game mouth.  Warms my chilly heart cockles that ISU is the suck this year.  Without his Purdy luck run, they are ass, my dude.  

As much as I would like PK to succeed, Heacock to TX would be amazing 

• Hook 'Em 2

He definitely did put a bit of a soccer flop performance and Asshat absolutely was only out there to get on the refs
I thought the same thing. He tried to sell it as best as he could to get the refs to throw a flag after seeing him flopping around on the ground. Glad that pussy shit didn't fool the refs
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I don't know what he did this weekend, but I've been saying for years that he's a stupid whiny bitch.

Do better than 7-5 with your greatest team ever then you can bitch, shitbird.

I'll say this after Saturday and watching Sonny Dykes' fucking histrionics because he doesn't understand how the defensive substitution rule works - it looks like another stupid whiny bitch has emerged in the conference and will be going after Campell's title. 

I have to agree with OSU fans, at least on the plays in question in the 1st half. TCU subbed way too late & defensive staffs are more prepared to take advantage of that now. If you try to sub with <20 seconds left in the play clock you're taking a chance. I'm not a huge fan of guys barely jogging off the field in order to try and draw a penalty, you don't get the entire time to walk off the field just because the offense substituted, & that's probably Dykes argument & it paid off with the refs being a little more strict on in as the game went on. Hard to see exactly when the substitution happened on the play in the 4th quarter but from what you can see on the game broadcast it looked like the right call to let them snap it. 

I am no expert so maybe someone on here knows the rules better than I do but why would anyone consider the hit on the QB to be targeting?  I understand maybe considering it if he was scrambling from the pocket and going to slide but he took off as a runner no different than any RB getting a direct snap.  Once he runs with ball he is basically a RB.  Am I missing something here, because I see RB's get hit in a similar way with no discussion at all about targeting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

I am no expert so maybe someone on here knows the rules better than I do but why would anyone consider the hit on the QB to be targeting?  I understand maybe considering it if he was scrambling from the pocket and going to slide but he took off as a runner no different than any RB getting a direct snap.  Once he runs with ball he is basically a RB.  Am I missing something here, because I see RB's get hit in a similar way with no discussion at all about targeting.

The second he decided to tuck it and run he was no longer a defenseless player and wasn't subject to that targeting of a defenseless player. If he was sliding feet first he would have been a defenseless player.  Cambell is just a fucking pussy because he knew it was going to result in a loss. If this rule was applied to all running the football we might as well be playing flag football.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

That slow mo angle actually a great angle that confirms Cook leading with his forearm/elbow and dislodging the football. The contact with his other arm was incidental - and it's laughable to point at that and scream, "SEE! TARGETING!"

You could super slow-mo pretty much any tackle with a runner lowering his head and find incidental contact brushing against his helmet or neck area.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Not to perseverate on that play but did any of the other views better show when then ball came out?  That view above AC had his left leg in the way, QB knee goes down and then the ball can be seen shooting out to the left (QBs left).  Can’t tell from that view when it came out.  It’s a done deal either way and I agree RB touch helmets with tacklers several times a game like that and it’s not considered a penalty so no one should feel different in this case. 

48 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Not to perseverate on that play but did any of the other views better show when then ball came out?  That view above AC had his left leg in the way, QB knee goes down and then the ball can be seen shooting out to the left (QBs left).  Can’t tell from that view when it came out.  It’s a done deal either way and I agree RB touch helmets with tacklers several times a game like that and it’s not considered a penalty so no one should feel different in this case. 

Dekkers still "had it" when his knee hit the ground but it appears to move ever-so-slightly just before the knee touches. It was close and likely whatever call was made on the field was going to stand.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

It moved simultaneous to his knee touching the ground on the replay. I think it came loose just an instant before he was down.

It was too close to overturn the call of Texas Ball in any case. 

20 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

I hear this in the voice of a late 70s FM station late-night DJ…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/17/2022 at 3:31 PM, LTtxfan said:

Are you kidding ???

They will obsess about that call for YEARS 😋

No shit.  I went to the game in Ames last year.  Never been treated worse by an opposing fan base, including Sooners.  I used to be pretty much indifferent to ISU.  Even rooted for them when they weren't playing Texas.  After last year their fans call all die in combine accidents and grain silo explosions.

Fuck you Iowa.  Get fed to pigs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mooseoutfront said:

No shit.  I went to the game in Ames last year.  Never been treated worse by an opposing fan base, including Sooners.  I used to be pretty much indifferent to ISU.  Even rooted for them when they weren't playing Texas.  After last year their fans call all die in combine accidents and grain silo explosions.

Fuck you Iowa.  Get fed to pigs.

They were also assholes in 2019, though not the worst I’ve seen. 

Iowa State fans can cry and bitch and moan all they want. At the end of the day, their dipshit QB threw an interception in the fucking endzone with three defenders between him and his receiver. He's trash.

They're lucky the game was even as close as it was. If our two special teams guys don't Moe and Curly the blocked punt then it's a scoop and score right out of the gate. Multiple missed passes that likely set up Texas for another couple TD's and before you know it Texas is running away with it. Shit didn't shake out like that so it is what it is but ISU fans (and any other pussy ass fans) acting like Texas was somehow gifted a win from the refs are just completely fucking regarded. 

I won't even get into the fact that there were about a half dozen plays where PI should've been called on ISU and it wasn't. Worthy could tell you all about them because they couldn't stop the kid without cheating him. So fuck em.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Found it 

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact
With the Crown of the Helmet

ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of their helmet. The crown of the helmet is the top segment of the helmet; namely, the circular area defined by a 6-inch radius from the apex (top) of the helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 9-6) (A.R. 9-1-3-I)

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact to Head
or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player

ARTICLE 4. No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:
• Launch. A player leaving their feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area.
• A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground.
• Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.
• Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet.

Note 2: Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14). When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to:
• A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass. This includes an offensive player in a passing posture with focus downfield
• A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive
a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had
time to protect themselves or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
• A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or
the return.
• A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who
has completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect
themselves or has not clearly become a ball carrier. • A player on the ground.
• A player obviously out of the play.
• A player who receives a blind-side block.
• A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.
• A quarterback any time after a change of possession
• A ball carrier who has obviously given themselves up and is sliding
feet-first.

Didn’t use crown of helmet, so it’s not the first one and he wasn’t a defenseless player so part two doesn’t apply either. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 4

Man that’s fucked up reading about their fans being dicks. I thought they had some of the better “other school” posters here, and used to root for them when not affecting UT. Their coach appears to be a weasely bitch. I used to think more of him, too.  Seems I need to take a step back and reevaluate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Man that’s fucked up reading about their fans being dicks. I thought they had some of the better “other school” posters here, and used to root for them when not affecting UT. Their coach appears to be a weasely bitch. I used to think more of him, too.  Seems I need to take a step back and reevaluate. 

I still like their fans, but I thought I was going to have to beat a guy’s ass in Ames. I think they just feel slighted for whatever reason, so they act like dicks when they beat us.

Other than that game, they’re usually cordial enough. I’ve never had one of them talk shit to me anywhere else. Just thought it was weird that day because I have literally never seen a Texas fan be an asshole to an Iowa State fan, and I didn’t see or hear anyone being an asshole then. To a man, the Longhorn fans I know root for Iowa State when they aren’t playing us. 

• Hook 'Em 2