Matt Campbell is a little bitch-made pussy

ztejas

My daughter (no pics for pervs) was invited to an ISU Athletic Department tailgate/whatever before last year’s game in Ames. Her best friend was active as a player/scholar for her sport at ISU, so she was invited to come back - with guest - for the game day festivities. Her old coach told her that my daughter was welcome as a Texas fan, but not if she wore Texas gear. My daughter was like, “WTF, people in the Texas AD would welcome you with open arms if you came to Texas activities wearing your ISU stuff.”

Her friend does have a college scrapbook with a pic of her snuggling up to Andrew Beck at some B12 student scholar get together.  /csb

All that being said, I spend quite a bit of time in Iowa (like right now) visiting family, and I’ve never had someone get nasty to me with my Texas threads, UT-themed license plate, etc. Neither have my family members for that matter. I think of ISU fans like I do Arkansas and OU fans… a step above aggy, but lower your expectations during game week. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
No pics of friend, either.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

What about the multiple blatant PIs by ISU defenders that went uncalled? Or the false starts by ISU OLmen?

No need to what-about this situation. It wasn't targeting and there's zero proof that Dekkers didn't fumble. Fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I think of ISU fans like I do Arkansas and OU fans… a step above aggy, but lower your expectations during game week. 

Got damn. Talk about three of the worst fucking institutions in existence.  I hate the clap, world hunger, and cancer on the same level as Ark, OU, and aggy.   

I always likened ISU to Okie St (before the recent bitchmadeness) or Vandy (football, not brainpower).  Easy to root for, don’t get in our way, all’s cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Nothing wrong with ISU fans. Just like other fans, except they support a program that has never won more than 9 games, and most people aren't capable of that.

I’ve listened to all their podcasts this week (they actually have quite a few).  They hate us. They might still invite us to the barn raising and bake us a pie, but they still hate us.  

You all would have lost your fucking minds if that was Ewers and the same no call was made. It’s hilarious how you guys think you’re above it. Shouldn’t expect anything less, I guess. It’s human nature.

I agree it’s not targeting (or shouldn’t be) but the reason ISU fans and Campbell are so pissed is because we’ve had guys ejected for less about 5 or 6 times the last few years.

There is absolutely 0 clarity or consistency in how targeting is ruled or enforced. It’s made up on the spot, game to game crew to crew.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

14 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You all would have lost your fucking minds if that was Ewers and the same no call was made. It’s hilarious how you guys think you’re above it. Shouldn’t expect anything less, I guess. It’s human nature.

I agree it’s not targeting (or shouldn’t be) but the reason ISU fans and Campbell are so pissed is because we’ve had guys ejected for less about 5 or 6 times the last few years.

There is absolutely 0 clarity or consistency in how targeting is ruled or enforced. It’s made up on the spot, game to game crew to crew.

Great. So ISU fans are welcome to complain that b12 refs are inconsistent. Texas fans will ride that one with you. Don’t pretend there isn’t a huge contingent arguing the wrong way on this call and badmouthing Texas, though. No one respects a sore loser.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Ummm..    ISU is not the only one getting screwed with player ejections for “targeting”.   This was only a month ago .

The game as we know it is in danger of imploding because of the inconsistency of what is considered targeting and roughing the passer.   Primarily because conferences like the Rig 12 refuse to hold their officiating crews accountable for questionable calls.   

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Did I say ISU was the only school affected by inconsistency in officiating?

Just read the whole thread. I had always thought we were cool with each other on a fan to fan level. Most ISU fans hate the University of Texas, but that’s an entirely different thing than disliking fans. I’ve never had anything but positive thoughts about actual Texas fans, but that’s pretty clearly a one way street.

I’m just a dumb farmer, but I can take a hint.

I've always liked ISU fans. I sat with some during the game and they were fine. This is like the second or third year they've had a good team to cheer for so it must be especially hard for their fans to deal with losses this year. Unfortunately, I know how they feel. That tech game was a hard pill to swallow.

Iowa State fans are some of the best in the conference. If you have not been to a tailgate in Ames, you are missing out.

However, Matt Campbell and his agent shamelessly floated his name out for every job opening there was to help create the narrative about how in demand he was every offseason. Then you see how he acts at the end of close games when he just loses his shit. Fuck that guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You all would have lost your fucking minds if that was Ewers and the same no call was made. It’s hilarious how you guys think you’re above it. 

Until we saw the video. 

As have we. Including Demarvion Overshown this season. 

We agree. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

200.gif

I just don’t get this. I understand rival hatred. I understand hatred of institutions like Baylor and pedo state that have inflicted significant harm on humans for the sake of sports. This mentality just reeks of penis envy. I guess it’s easier to create a boogie man than face reality. 

It’s much simpler than any of that. When someone says to someone else “go fuck yourselves, we’re just better than you”, the recipient of that message isn’t going to be pleased. This wasn’t a thing prior to recent realignment. Most ISU fans respected Texas as an institution and understood you brought an outsized value.

That’s essentially what Texas said to ISU. I’m over it, personally, but how can you be surprised by the reaction? It’s very basic human nature to dislike someone who publicly rejects you.

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I always likened ISU to Okie St (before the recent bitchmadeness) or Vandy (football, not brainpower).  Easy to root for, don’t get in our way, all’s cool. 

Get in your way of what?  

18 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

What kind of pie?

asking for myself.

Apple, with a slice of cheese on top. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It’s much simpler than any of that. When someone says to someone else “go fuck yourselves, we’re just better than you”, the recipient of that message isn’t going to be pleased. This wasn’t a thing prior to recent realignment. Most ISU fans respected Texas as an institution and understood you brought an outsized value.

That’s essentially what Texas said to ISU. I’m over it, personally, but how can you be surprised by the reaction? It’s very basic human nature to dislike someone who publicly rejects you.

So it’s effectively like hating another university because an inconsistently applied rule didn’t bounce your way.

This happens millions of times a day in real life with zero emotion attached. It’s rational decision making.

Imagine you’re in a job where you’re paid well below market value. You know it, your boss knows it, your business unit lead knows it. Your company lost other key people that further diminished your companies ability to generate income so they literally can’t pay you more. You decide to find another company that pays you top of market. All of the sudden your work buddy hates you. Surely you see the wtf, right?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

image.gif.0b22a6520a1f464570295faa168031e0.gif

So it’s effectively like hating another university because an inconsistently applied rule didn’t bounce your way.
This happens millions of times a day in real life with zero emotion attached. It’s rational decision making.
Imagine you’re in a job where you’re paid well below market value. You know it, your boss knows it, your business unit lead knows it. Your company lost other key people that further diminished your companies ability to generate income so they literally can’t pay you more. You decide to find another company that pays you top of market. All of the sudden your work buddy hates you. Surely you see the wtf, right?

If that’s the frame of reference you have, sure.

I think ISU fans view it more as a family member disowning you because they found a wealthier family to hang with. Specifically like if your wife left you for a wealthier guy, even though you guys were already very well off. And she told you, “hey - it’s just business”.

This isn’t where I’m at personally, I’m just explaining the lens through which this was viewed by many.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

ISU fans are definitely assholes. KSU is up there too. Obviously Mizzou was bitchmade.

Leftover Big 8 hate for SWC I guess?

During the Texas-Mizzou game, I was with a Mizzou fan.   The only assholes I came across was a really really drunk Texas fan with his drunk friends shit talking some older Mizzou fans.   The lesser drunks were trying to keep a leash on the other drunk though.   

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I agree that the rule is applied inconsistently and that is the most maddening part of watching. You're looking at this play in a vacuum and saying wow, the refs really benefitted UT in that spot. Which is fine. But context is everything, and UT had a safety taken away against Alabama for a bad targeting call, and then had a starting defensive player miss half of the Tech game due to a bad tageting call.

Both of the targeting calls that went against UT were pure BS; from our standpoint this non targeting call sort of evens it out. Overall though i still didn't think it was targeting. And I think what rubs us the wrong way is that Campbell makes no effort to check on his player and immediately just starts cursing refs. That was not a guy concerned with his player's safety, that was a football coach who wanted the ball back.

At the end of the day i don't think the refs are competent. I think refs should be former football players that are used to the speed of the game and know what to watch for. I'm tired of seeing tight-shirt-wearing juiced up non-athlete refs ruin big moments with bad calls because they just can't keep up. That is a problem both in college and the NFL.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

I've gone on record many, many times on this board (and others) in that I fucking hate the ejection (and ensuing suspension) for targeting. Call a penalty, whatever. Use a soccer-like card system and boot a chronic offender from the game. If it's really dirty suspend the guy.
But the Dekkers play wasn't targeting by any sense of the rule. It requires no misinterpretation. It wasn't targeting. End of story. Many ISU fans -- and aggy -- are decrying that non-call as the reason Texas "escaped" with a win against "lowly" ISU this weekend. That annoys us. It wasn't a dirty play. It wasn't illegal. It wasn't lucky. It was a great play by Cook to knock the ball loose. Was the fumble before Dekkers' knee hit the ground? Now that is up for debate. I think it was but I could see an alternate opinion. That would be a legit argument. One that ISU can't win at this point but legit nonetheless.
If ISU hates Texas due to the SEC thing, knock yourself, I guess. But it was a move that had to be made and was probably presupposed when aggy, Nebraska and Colorado all left the conference. They're as much to blame, if not more, than Texas no matter what comes out of aggy's (or Nebraska's) mouth. I will also add that the "5-Star Culture" comments begged a response if/when Texas won again over ISU. It happened this past weekend.

You guys know the 5 star culture comment didn’t come from Campbell, right? Breece Hall said that. In 2020. When Herman was the coach and your culture WAS ass. It appears Sark is changing that, but at the time that comment was made it was absolutely reality.

The biggest reason we lost was because our All American WR dropped a well thrown wide open TD. And even that was no guarantee to win.

But truly, I could care less if other fanbases like or respect Campbell. He’s not an ISU alum or fan, and someday, he won’t be a part of this institution. I kinda hope everyone outside of Ames thinks he’s trash, because I have little doubt that he’ll generally field a team that wins more than they lose and keeps me entertained. I really don’t need much more than that and the illusion that if the stars align, we can play for the whole thing.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

How many people hate a fellow employee for leaving for a better job? Not many. I know it’s not a great analogy, so maybe it’s more like a girl who you never really had leaving you for the prom king. 

50 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I've gone on record many, many times on this board (and others) in that I fucking hate the ejection (and ensuing suspension) for targeting. Call a penalty, whatever. Use a soccer-like card system and boot a chronic offender from the game. If it's really dirty suspend the guy.

But the Dekkers play wasn't targeting by any sense of the rule. It requires no misinterpretation. It wasn't targeting. End of story. Many ISU fans -- and aggy -- are decrying that non-call as the reason Texas "escaped" with a win against "lowly" ISU this weekend. That annoys us. It wasn't a dirty play. It wasn't illegal. It wasn't lucky. It was a great play by Cook to knock the ball loose. Was the fumble before Dekkers' knee hit the ground? Now that is up for debate. I think it was but I could see an alternate opinion. That would be a legit argument. One that ISU can't win at this point but legit nonetheless.

If ISU hates Texas due to the SEC thing, knock yourself, I guess. But it was a move that had to be made and was probably presupposed when aggy, Nebraska and Colorado all left the conference. They're as much to blame, if not more, than Texas no matter what comes out of aggy's (or Nebraska's) mouth. I will also add that the "5-Star Culture" comments begged a response if/when Texas won again over ISU. It happened this past weekend.

QFMFT.  Great post. 

24 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

If that’s the frame of reference you have, sure.

I think ISU fans view it more as a family member disowning you because they found a wealthier family to hang with. Specifically like if your wife left you for a wealthier guy, even though you guys were already very well off. And she told you, “hey - it’s just business”.

This isn’t where I’m at personally, I’m just explaining the lens through which this was viewed by many.

Texas never married ISU though. Texas married OU and ISU was the step kid OU drug along with them.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Your shtick is tired. Go away.

• Fuck You 3

54 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

It makes more sense that your work buddy would hate you if his pay gets cut in half because you are leaving, and his pay already is lower than it would be if you hadn't underperformed for the past 15 years. It's still not right to be angry, and he should in fact appreciate the inflated pay that he's been receiving over the years, but losing money sucks, and the anger makes sense.

2 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Texas never married ISU though. Texas married OU and ISU was the step kid OU drug along with them.

This is the correct take. If any other fanbase thinks we gave a crap about them then that's a them problem & means our university must have gone above & beyond in terms of making them feel welcomed & wanted. You're welcome for the free ride, we brought you as far as we wanted & now it's time to get off our back & find someone else to give you a ride.

Nothing against anyone personally affiliated with any of the schools, I have nothing against midwestern people as the few that I've met have been really nice & one of them was fairly attractive.

How many people hate a fellow employee for leaving for a better job? Not many. I know it’s not a great analogy, so maybe it’s more like a girl who you never really had leaving you for the prom king. 

If that fellow employee was already the richest guy in the industry, and them leaving threatened the existence of the company, and ergo the livelihood of everyone who worked there, there would be a lot of resentment.

Both sides of this are just basic animal instincts to gather as many acorns as possible (Texas/OU) and lash at out any threat to your survival (Hateful 8).

Just like this whole argument about having class regarding officials. ISU fans are trash for complaining about refs, while at this exact moment there’s a thread on this board titled “Fuck Big 12 Refs”. Sports fan hood is an extended effort in comical self interest directed hypocrisy.
  • Haha 1

Just now, SilasCoade said:

Al's a good poster. I get his perspective, but I think he's wrong. He is not making bitchass posts.

He’s just bitching about big bad Texas like the rest of these fuckin leeches in this shithole conference.  Yes, a good poster until he shows his true biased bullshit (watch the okie st posters do the same shtick this week).

Goodbye and good luck, see you never again ISU. Your coach is a little drama queen bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

If that fellow employee was already the richest guy in the industry, and them leaving threatened the existence of the company, and ergo the livelihood of everyone who worked there, there would be a lot of resentment.

Both sides of this are just basic animal instincts to gather as many acorns as possible and lash at out any threat to your survival.

Just like this whole argument about having class regarding officials. ISU fans are trash for complaining about refs, while at this exact moment there’s a thread on this board titled “Fuck Big 12 Refs”. Sports fan hood is an extended effort in comical self interest directed hypocrisy.

I just get tired if people acting like UT is THE ONLY school to ever move conferences or act in their own best interest. Nary a peep when Colorado, ATM, Nebraska did it. It's all just conveniently ignored that Texas made their decision based on what others had already done.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

He’s just bitching about big bad Texas like the rest of these fuckin leeches in this shithole conference.  Yes, a good poster until he shows his true biased bullshit (watch the okie st posters do the same shtick this week).

Goodbye and good luck, see you never again ISU. Your coach is a little drama queen bitch.

Wait. Are you suggesting that having a bias towards my alma mater is some kind of secret agenda?
  • Haha 1

Fans of every team in the country have reveled in Texas' sorrow over the last decade. The whole "Texas is back" shit, losing to Kansas, etc. Then, when Texas has been decent, they want to buddy up and tell you how good things are looking for Texas and so on and so forth. All the while, they've got the dagger up the sleeve ready to plunge it into Texas' back at the first sign of shit trending down. There are no friends in competition. They'd all laugh and smile and joke about the play if it happened the other way around. Again, fuck em.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

ISU and other Big 12 fans like to ignore the reality that Texas and OU were always leaving the Big 12 when the TV deal expired. They acted shocked and hurt that Texas wanted to implode the conference. It was always going to implode. It was just a question of where we were going after the TV deal. And that's fine to feel that way. Your conference isn't dead and you have enough to sustain the conference and don't have Texas or OU in your way going forward. This conference was always a shotgun marriage and it was always going to end. But we're all going to get what we want, freedom from each other. You guys won't have arrogant Texas throwing its weight around and being an "unequitable partner". We'll get the helmet matchups we want without having as many supporters of schools acting like we're causing them irreparable harm. Sure SEC fans will hate us and that's fine. At least it's something different than the same tired shit we've been hearing since 1996. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I think ISU fans view it more as a family member disowning you because they found a wealthier family to hang with.

So is that how ISU fans felt when Missouri bolted the conference?  Did ISU fans feel strong resentment from the unmistakeable message of "we're better than you" from Colorado?  Nebraska?  A&M?  OU?

Texas has just as much of a right to act in its own best interest as any other school.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I just get tired if people acting like UT is THE ONLY school to ever move conferences or act in their own best interest. Nary a peep when Colorado, ATM, Nebraska did it. It's all just conveniently ignored that Texas made their decision based on what others had already done.

I’ve taken a million shots at Nebraska and Aggy on here. I think they were far more responsible for the dissolution of the initial 12 than UT or OU. Especially Nebraska.

I did enjoy the 10 team Big 12 and wish it would have continued, and was definitely angry with Texas and OU for leaving. I’ve moved on because there’s no point in pining for something that doesn’t exist, and there was always this impending dread that you guys would pull the plug that wasn’t fun to deal with as a fan. Now that you guys have moved on, I don’t have to worry about that and can enjoy whatever we end up with for what it is.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

So is that how ISU fans felt when Missouri bolted the conference?  Did ISU fans feel strong resentment from the unmistakeable message of "we're better than you" from Colorado?  Nebraska?  A&M?  OU?
Texas has just as much of a right to act in its own best interest as any other school.  

ISU fans dislike all those schools except for maybe Colorado. We hate Nebraska more than Iowa. Way more than we hate Texas.

At the end of the day, a conference’s success is dictated by how well it’s power brokers play together. The Big 10 works because Michigan and Ohio State want it to. The SEC works because they all want it to. That never existed in the Big 12.

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’ve taken a million shots at Nebraska and Aggy on here. I think they were far more responsible for the dissolution of the initial 12 than UT or OU. Especially Nebraska.

I did enjoy the 10 team Big 12 and wish it would have continued, and was definitely angry with Texas and OU for leaving. I’ve moved on because there’s no point in pining for something that doesn’t exist, and there was always this impending dread that you guys would pull the plug that wasn’t fun to deal with as a fan. Now that you guys have moved on, I don’t have to worry about that and can enjoy whatever we end up with for what it is.

Yeah, Nebraska is clearly the worst. At least Texas and OU aren't bitching about unequal revenue sharing on the way out the door after voting against revenue sharing at every opportunity. I think the Texas people are just too far from Nebraska to realize how much everyone hates them. I don't like A&M but those guys are really weird and I can appreciate not playing them anymore. CU would have hurt a lot more if they hadn't turned themselves into KU before they left. Mizzou is more puzzling than anything. I get why they wanted to leave, but I don't get why they were wanted. 

Anyway, when the playoff expands and the Big 12 has an autobid, the left-behinds are going to be better positioned to make the playoffs and be in the national picture than they ever have been, so as a fan, it's hard to be all that upset.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Al is good people, and I definitely get your perspective. All of this shit will calm down eventually. Every team in this conference has gotten fucked out of games by shitty calls and shitty coaching alike. Campbell losing his mind was not a great look, but we would have been doing the same. The new B12 should be a pretty fun conference in terms of competitiveness. I am still holding out hope for an early exit, even if it is just a glimmer.

Texas wasn't trying to do anything maliciously to the conference, hell, this really wasn't even our idea. But I understand how opposing fan bases could feel that way. It's also why we get everyone's biggest haymakers and coaches spend weeks scheming us over the summer and fall. From that perspective it sucks because there is a concerted effort from absolutely everyone to keep us down. They all love the money we bring, but only as long as they get to stand on top of us and throw it in our faces when we lose. 

• Like 1