Robert Griffin III as a college football analyst is ...

SimkinsMan

I thought he was pretty good when he wasn't going on and on about the targeting that wasn't targeting, but he retracted it, which you hardly ever hear these guys do. He brought some good insights. IMHO he sounds a lot like Ludacris, which is interesting. I'm a Luda fan, so that helps a little.

• Hook 'Em 1

He did a good job, I liked his commentary. He was really missing the horns fans ass before the game. Great DB prospect per Mack brown is probably why.

Side note: did his ex big Tiddy chick get a payday when they divorced? Don’t think they had kids but things like this are interesting.

Was at DKR, so I didn't hear him yesterday.  But every time I have heard him, I've thought that he's better at this than I would've guessed.

And the Spencer Tillman and Andre Ware comparison is bizarre.  Those guys are exactly as awful as I would've guessed and their microphones should file a restraining order.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, wood said:

I thought he was pretty good when he wasn't going on and on about the targeting that wasn't targeting, but he retracted it, which you hardly ever hear these guys do. He brought some good insights. IMHO he sounds a lot like Ludacris, which is interesting. I'm a Luda fan, so that helps a little.

makes you wonder who was in his ear to make him change his mind on the targeting because that was an instant turnaround after blathering on for 10 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

i mute almost all games 

I recorded the YTTV 4K broadcast. It was a continuous truck cue feed of the game without interruption. You got to see instant replay, graphics and whatnot before it was shown live. It also cut out everyone but the booth. Was like sitting at DKR getting to see all the on field activities that happen during commercials and half. Check it out if you get the chance. I was impressed enough with that I didn't notice Griffin do anything horrible, other than going to Baylor.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, markstanco said:

He did a good job, I liked his commentary. He was really missing the horns fans ass before the game. Great DB prospect per Mack brown is probably why.

Side note: did his ex big Tiddy chick get a payday when they divorced? Don’t think they had kids but things like this are interesting.

He had at least one kid with his ex. I think he has a third one coming with his upgrade. 

I assume the ex pretty much got half his shit after his rookie contract millions, and probably a big chunk of child support.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:57 AM, wood said:

Griffin was right it was a penalty.

• Fuck You 7

4 minutes ago, Win5002 said:

The fact that you thinks that angle supports it being a penalty means you don't know the rule. Not crown of the helmet. Not a defenseless player. Targeting  needs at least one of those.

Frankly any time an offensive player drops his head and shoulders forward in any manner that lowers his overall height by a foot or more targeting should be off the table.   You want to try to drive forward through a tackler, sure by all means....but you can't be targeted in that situation  

Never will be the case of course because this "player safety" rule also has the nice ancillary benefit of giving yet another advantage to offensive players and "the people" want offense.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The best thing about RGIII is that due 1) his cornball personality and difficulty relating to his teammates 2) his extremely rapid decline in ability on the field when he was a player and 3) his weird personal life choices, most everyone lacks a lot of respect for him outside of his "RGIII Baylor and first year or two in Washington" days. This leads to Twitter Gold as he is constantly being roasted anytime he participates.

One of the more funny recent entries: 

Fee1AY8XgAAE2Ng?format=png&name=small

But hey, we can't talk-- we have Acho embarrassing us every time he opens his mouth.

Edited by MeerkatBong

On 10/17/2022 at 11:49 AM, Win5002 said:

Looks like the runner was leading with his head to me. Should have been targetting on Iowa State.

However Griffin only said it was targetting when he saw it at full speed. After he saw the replay he said it was a clean hit. And he was right.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2022 at 8:28 AM, RPM said:

I recorded the YTTV 4K broadcast. It was a continuous truck cue feed of the game without interruption. You got to see instant replay, graphics and whatnot before it was shown live. It also cut out everyone but the booth. Was like sitting at DKR getting to see all the on field activities that happen during commercials and half. Check it out if you get the chance. I was impressed enough with that I didn't notice Griffin do anything horrible, other than going to Baylor.

He didn't go to baylor.  He went to briles.  Committed to Houston first. Went to baylor when briles got the job.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

He didn't go to baylor.  He went to briles.  Committed to Houston first. Went to baylor when briles got the job.  

Eh.  On the radio Craig Way mentioned they were near to the TV broadcast crew in the press box and throughout the first half he could hear Griffin hoopin and hollering for Baylor whenever his mic wasn't live, and that he'd gotten awfully quiet in the 4th quarter.  

Griffin roots for rapelor with or without the chief rape enabler being there.

• Hook 'Em 7

32 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

When Huston got hurt and they immediately gave up a sack, QE mouthed WTF. Did Robert say “what the fun” on air instead?

“What the fudge”. I perked up hoping he forgot he was doing a broadcast when griffin started “you can read his lips there, he said what the f…” but I ended up disappointed. 

36 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Eh.  On the radio Craig Way mentioned they were near to the TV broadcast crew in the press box and throughout the first half he could hear Griffin hoopin and hollering for Baylor whenever his mic wasn't live, and that he'd gotten awfully quiet in the 4th quarter.  

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read in a long time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Got so tired and annoyed with “matriculated the ball down the field.” In the first half. Then he also backed up the refs on their no-calls during flagrant penalties. Fuck that homer.

He made the comment “that guy clearly doesn’t know the rules” about a Horns fan bitching about no intentional grounding on a play where the QB (a) was clearly still in the pocket and (b) clearly did not get the ball to the LOS…

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

He tries way too hard with the cheesy lines, but I think he’s actually pretty good in terms of play breakdown.

Credit where it is due. RG3 could have been an irritating homer. He wasn’t. Hell, he was practically campaigning for Bijan to get a trip to NYC. I think he’s a good color guy and he did well today, all things considered. He also knows his shit about the game when he’s talking about it. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Fuck him then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1