Final 5 games - What does your bitchass say?

Pancho

Final 5 games - What does your bitchass say?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. How will Texas finish the season?

We could beat all those teams 50-0, we would still not be in a place to talk cfp.

Absolutely. Aggy like to even talk about cfp and this years team. Man our fanbase is literally trending texags.

Again, keep winning games, recruit well, thank God for NIL, and in a couple of years , we can have this conversation . This year ? Just stop .

Let’s beat Kansas!

Hook em.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, closetojumping said:

I struggled with this. I pondered 0-5 in homage to the Seven Loss Steve moniker. I gave 2-3 some thought for Seven Win Steve being who he is. I wanted to pick 5-0 as a fan of the program with hope given all of the positive signs of development. I settled on 4-1 because I don’t have faith in Sarkisian and Kwiatkowski to win 3 games on the road. 

Yeah, I'm torn between PTSD and loyalty. Kansas may not be that good, but they feel like a trap in that late-season away slot. Ewers is 3-1 as a starter, 3-0 in games where he isn't knocked out of action, and he's been well-protected lately. As much as I want to say 5-0 (and realizing our floor is certainly 0 wins, regardless of what we wish), I'm going to say 4-1.

Oklahoma State: W, 43-35 (close one in Stillwater. Quinn plays well on his first true road game totaling 3 TDs and 275 yards passing)

Kansas State: W, 34-27 (Martinez runs for over 100 yards, but so do Bijan AND Rojo. Billingsley gets first TD as a Horn) 

TCU: W, 41-40 (TCU enters undefeated and with a Top-Five ranking. Sideshow Bert wins it at the buzzer.)

Kansas: W, 50-20 (We flick the Bean and pick him off two times. Revenge tour continues. Keilan returns a kickoff for TD and scores one on the ground)

Baylor: W, 33-23 (Closer than it should be. Reminds everyone of the ISU game with a few more points.)

Hey, why not? I also think we could go 1-4 during the stretch, but what the hell? I think this team has the potential to be really good. Quinn will continue to grow and we have Bijan and Roschon to help carry the load when things aren't going well. Before the season I thought our OL would not be great again, but they have done a pretty good job. They too will continue to get better. The defense? Man, tough watch on 3rd and 4th down, but again, I think they can only get better. 

3-2. I thought we’d be 8-4 before the season started and the team seems about as good as I expected/hoped. Still a young team with a young QB and some soft spots on D, but certainly seems better than the ‘21 team. And though a 3-2 finish seems maybe a little disappointing right now, and I wouldn’t be shocked if Texas goes 4-1 or 5-0 (because they could obviously beat anyone on the schedule), or 2-3, overall 8-4 would be a good season and a nice step from last year’s clusterfuck. (Then I’ll be sort of expecting a “next step” / 10-win season in ‘23.)

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

3-2. I thought we’d be 8-4 before the season started and the team seems about as good as I expected/hoped. Still a young team with a young QB and some soft spots on D, but certainly seems better than the ‘21 team. And though a 3-2 finish seems maybe a little disappointing right now, and I wouldn’t be shocked if Texas goes 4-1 or 5-0 (because they could obviously beat anyone on the schedule), or 2-3, overall 8-4 would be a good season and a nice step from last year’s clusterfuck. (Then I’ll be sort of expecting a “next step” / 10-win season in ‘23.)

8-4 is a very nice step up from 5-7 and fans should remember we are likely 10-2 or 9-3 without Ewers being out for 3.75 games.  Part of the sport, but this isn't like last year at all.  Defense has improved and offense looks good with a RS FR QB.  

Fans should absolutely expect a 10-win season in 2023 (2 easy non-conf wins, Bama breaking in a new QB, Spencer Sanders finally graduates, Adrian Martinez finishes his 9 year college plan, Duggan is probably gone) 

3 hours ago, Dignan said:

Oklahoma State: W, 43-35 (close one in Stillwater. Quinn plays well on his first true road game totaling 3 TDs and 275 yards passing)

Kansas State: W, 34-27 (Martinez runs for over 100 yards, but so do Bijan AND Rojo. Billingsley gets first TD as a Horn) 

TCU: W, 41-40 (TCU enters undefeated and with a Top-Five ranking. Sideshow Bert wins it at the buzzer.)

Kansas: W, 50-20 (We flick the Bean and pick him off two times. Revenge tour continues. Keilan returns a kickoff for TD and scores one on the ground)

Baylor: W, 33-23 (Closer than it should be. Reminds everyone of the ISU game with a few more points.)

Hey, why not? I also think we could go 1-4 during the stretch, but what the hell? I think this team has the potential to be really good. Quinn will continue to grow and we have Bijan and Roschon to help carry the load when things aren't going well. Before the season I thought our OL would not be great again, but they have done a pretty good job. They too will continue to get better. The defense? Man, tough watch on 3rd and 4th down, but again, I think they can only get better. 

I don't think there's any way the Big XII allows us to win a close game against an undefeated TCU. Maybe we come in and manhandle them, but if it's even kind of close, we'll be getting called for every shit penalty in the book. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, closetojumping said:

I struggled with this. I pondered 0-5 in homage to the Seven Loss Steve moniker. I gave 2-3 some thought for Seven Win Steve being who he is. I wanted to pick 5-0 as a fan of the program with hope given all of the positive signs of development. I settled on 4-1 because I don’t have faith in Sarkisian and Kwiatkowski to win 3 games on the road. 

I picked 3-2 for very similar reasons.

Edited by lilMAC25

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I don't think there's any way the Big XII allows us to win a close game against an undefeated TCU. Maybe we come in and manhandle them, but if it's even kind of close, we'll be getting called for every shit penalty in the book. 

Stack Okie Lite on top of that. Playing a one-loss contender for the conference title, at their stadium? Prepare to get hosed early and often by officials this Saturday.

Honestly I fear the two games in Kansas more than any of the others left.       We will be both KU's and K-State's Super Bowl.  I think how this team preforms in Stillwater this week will give up a good indication of how this team at full-strength plays in a very hostile environment.   Damn Okie State has the worst stadium set up in the league with the fans on the bottom row almost sitting right on top of the sidelines swinging those ridiculous paddles

Nah we will win some low level bowl game to generate the false hope for next year.

All you guys who predicted 3-2, I thought you were right but I hoped you were wrong.

Now I hope you are right. If we finish the year 3-1 now I will be pleasantly surprised.

At least we get the off week to think about it. Then on to K-State.

Y’all let one game and media outlets Dictate and change your season predictions! I’m sure most of us here had Texas 9-4 / 8-5 . Y’all let the OU game Pimp y’all head up for a playoff spot. That’s fools gold. We are a young team with a QB who should be a true freshman still trying to stack talent. 

a lot of y’all let Social media and press clippings tell us we were a playoff contender and now y’all mad cause we lost to the #11 team with a freshman QB who’s never played on the road. Y’all need to fucking relax

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Y’all let one game and media outlets Dictate and change your season predictions! I’m sure most of us here had Texas 9-4 / 8-5 . Y’all let the OU game Pimp y’all head up for a playoff spot. That’s fools gold. We are a young team with a QB who should be a true freshman still trying to stack talent. 

a lot of y’all let Social media and press clippings tell us we were a playoff contender and now y’all mad cause we lost to the #11 team with a freshman QB who’s never played on the road. Y’all need to fucking relax

I guess that is one way to spin it. We had another double digit lead and we blew it. Again. We had a chance going into the latter part of the conference and it looks like we are going to blow it. Again.

And I am not surprised. I am not upset. I said all week I had a bad feeling about this game. Same shit, different year. On to the next game. 

But come on this wasn't poor little Texas and their baby QB scrappily rebuilding facing big bad #11 OSU. They were injured and had had serious issues all year. We had a big lead and we blew it. Just like we have done when we had senior QBs leading us. Sam Ehlinger would have achieved this result in 2019 or 2020, because he did do that. Are we building to the future and will sophomore Ewers not do it? If so, great. May that day come. But it's not today. Today the same old shit happened. 

I need to see us not do this kind of thing. The rest of the year would be a good place to start. I am not optimistic though.

Edited by Valmy77

I honestly don't see how we win a single game from here on out. TCU is better than us. Baylor is better coached and will beat us. We'll lose both game on the road easily. Kansas is probably our best shot, but Leipold will do everything he can to get Daniels ready for that game.

Edited by cashman
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I guess that is one way to spin it. We had another double digit lead and we blew it. Again. We had a chance going into the latter part of the conference and it looks like we are going to blow it. Again.

And I am not surprised. I am not upset. I said all week I had a bad feeling about this game. Same shit, different year. On to the next game. 

But come on this wasn't poor little Texas and their baby QB scrappily rebuilding facing big bad #11 OSU. They were injured and had had serious issues all year. We had a big lead and we blew it. Just like we have done when we had senior QBs leading us. Sam Ehlinger would have achieved this result in 2019 or 2020, because he did do that. Are we building to the future and will sophomore Ewers not do it? If so, great. May that day come. But it's not today. Today the same old shit happened. 

I need to see us not do this kind of thing. The rest of the year would be a good place to start. I am not optimistic though.

You’re not wrong and I know as Texas fans were very frustrated. My whole thing is let’s not fall for fools gold . We knew going into the season we were going to be up and down, now did we think we’d be up against Bama and OU and down to Tech, No but we knew we would be eventually.

Like I’ve stated before I know a lot of ppls season outlooked changed after the OU game but like I said before I believe that was fools gold and I knew having so many young players they would start to read press clippings no matter how much we didn’t want them to. . They’re young. They’ll learn and get better from this. Even players like Bijan and Ro-Jo. . They haven’t been in this position so is new 

Can someone rerun the CFB playoff chances again? That line of discussion was so awesome today. I want moar! 

I actually thought 3-2 is most likely dropping today and TCU.  That’s 8 wins. Drop KSU and it’s 7-5, barely an improvement. We’ll see.  Honestly, I’m not hopeful. 

Edited by troph

36 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

We will finish 7-5 and win a bowl to finish 8-5, right in line with preseason expectations.  Sark will fire PK and we will rev the hype train back up during the offseason.

Honest - who do we beat? TCU is gonna boatrace us. We can’t win on the road so a KState loss. Kansas isn’t great it again a road game with a mobile QB. 

Baylor in the final game - they prob are better than us.