Final 5 games - What does your bitchass say?

Pancho

Final 5 games - What does your bitchass say?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. How will Texas finish the season?

My predictions after the Tech debacle are still spot on. I has us losing on the road to OSU. One more loss is going to occur likely to frogs. 9-10 wins will be great. Bowl eligibility for the minimum otherwise this season would be a complete fail. We're better but maybe lacking depth to finish out games. Of course we're starting -14 every game due to big 12 loser officials.

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Kansas and Baylor should be wins.  TCU will skull fuck us. K state is a toss up. We’ve had their number but who knows 

I don’t know. It feels like beating TCU and losing to Kansas is just about as likely as beating Kansas and losing to TCU. I don’t think any of these teams are that good or that bad. Including Texas. 

5 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I don’t know. It feels like beating TCU and losing to Kansas is just about as likely as beating Kansas and losing to TCU. I don’t think any of these teams are that good or that bad. Including Texas. 

Lots of Jeckyl and Hyde here for sure 

8-4 was the ceiling this year. I think that's where we finish

Agreed. 8-4 was what I thought was a realistic goal for us (with anything more being gravy) and that’s still in play. Had OSU as one of the losses. Still sucks tremendously to lose that game in the way that we did. Thought the media’s talk about us being a dark horse CFB team was always ridiculous. Our immediate goals were to get bowl eligible and thereby exceed last year’s abysmal season (one win left to check that off) and then try to compete for a spot in the confernce title game (which is at least still hypothetically in play).

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

The dipshit who made that graphic forgot about Oklahoma State.

Was going to post this very fact.  I don't think Kay State loses and I don't think UT wins out but regardless still need OSU to drop one but they are at least more likely to do so with the trip to the nexus of the suck this weekend.

The dipshit who made that graphic forgot about Oklahoma State.

Even if they won out - and Oklahoma is a pretty significant favorite in Bedlam given their shit play/QB situation of late - they’d have a K State problem in any three loss tiebreaker and would need KSU to lose both remaining games. Then again, so would Baylor.

Even Texas is on life support needing to get a KSU loss against WVU or Kansas. Not to mention actually winning their last two. Baylor and Oklahoma State’s chances are trivial at this point.

Was going to post this very fact.  I don't think Kay State loses and I don't think UT wins out but regardless still need OSU to drop one but they are at least more likely to do so with the trip to the nexus of the suck this weekend.

A KSU-OSU-Texas three way tie would come down to how the rest of the standings shake out. The tiebreaker in a three way is using results against teams going down the standings to eliminate someone. Would pretty much come down to whether Tech (eliminates Texas, sends KSU on H2H) or Kansas (eliminates OSU, sends Texas on H2H) finishes higher in the standings.

I see the point that maybe OSU should be included in a discussion of Texas’s changes, but Oklahoma State has essentially zero chance of going to Arlington. Same is true for Baylor. Even if they win out, they need bc KSU to drop both games and OSU to take another L.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/19/2022 at 11:38 AM, MotownHorn said:

I think 3-2 is a reasonable expectation, 4-1 would be very good, and 5-0 would be fantastic

Anything less than 3-2 and I'd be very disappointed.

I stand by this. Get over the Seven Win Steve hump and get to 8-4 and it's a sign of decent progress.

Lose of one of these next two and Seven Win Steve is on the hot seat.

On 10/16/2022 at 11:28 AM, bschoolprof said:

I think 3-2, although 2-3 is likely as well. We have not shown a good enough defense to win consistently against good teams on the road.

2-3 looks most likely to me, as I think we'll probably win one of Kansas and Baylor.  That gets us to 7 win Steve.