UK/Parliament Thread of Dominance

TheStoicPaisano

I would absolutely think Boris could be the PM again. At some level, others may want to avoid the job as there is no reason to think the next PM will last either. And while he struggled, he was no where on Truss' level.

sometimes better to go with the devil you know than the one you don't.

UK: shitshow of yakety sax incompetence, with real-world implications of a term of suffering for the people.

US: shitshow of fascist malevolence, which world-wide implications of long-term suffering for all people.

Gotta say, I MUCH prefer the UK version of the shitshow.  At least they can make us laugh as the ship sinks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

UK: shitshow of yakety sax incompetence, with real-world implications of a term of suffering for the people.
US: shitshow of fascist malevolence, which world-wide implications of long-term suffering for all people.
Gotta say, I MUCH prefer the UK version of the shitshow.  At least they can make us laugh as the ship sinks.

Don’t be so sure, the UK shitshow is embracing fascism too.

And their institutional racism and xenophobia is arguably worse than ours.
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, pantone159 said:

This sounds somewhat likely. Remember that the choice will be made by the dues-paying members of the Tory party, nobody else will have a say.

My Brit friend says the “man in the street” would like Boris back.

29 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Awkward The Office GIF

But, it is pretty impressive that a Bama goof @G650 nailed every fucking post. 

I've been wildly entertained the past few days, I will admit.

16 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

My Brit friend says the “man in the street” would like Boris back.

I figured you would have quit listening to this idiot friend of yours awhile ago.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

On 10/19/2022 at 4:37 PM, Ghost of LL said:

I'm serious, though--if you're not scarfing down popcorn while all this is going on, you're just letting the best in life pass you by.

About a year ago, I started listening to the BBC Global News podcast every workday morning. For the last month or so I've found myself looking forward to it, like it's a soap opera or something.