Lina Hidalgo

Nice Guy Eddie

55 minutes ago, royiv said:

Anecdotally, I know several people in that are blue leaning and were planning on voting Beto and Mealer. They had bought the crime propaganda and thought that Lina was personally letting hardened criminals out on the streets. Once the Chronicle gave their half-assed endorsement to Mealer, they used that to justify their vote in their mind.

Fuck the Chronicle so hard for that nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

2bf78c241dcd92de62518e5b5ad51c0a.jpg

Mealers house on right, Everest food convenience store on left. Travis elementary is 100 feet up the street from the intersection. Chickens…. Not pictured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But there's bars on the windows of the convenience store!  That's proof crime happens here!

• Hook 'Em 1

I know that some in Houston are celebrating mattress Mack due to his Astros bets and his old man-cursing at a Philly fan. However I wonder about his health and mental state.

Younger Mack wouldn’t have gotten into a political fight that could alienate 50% of the county voters. Especially alienating the political party that is in full control of your city and county. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know that some in Houston are celebrating mattress Mack due to his Astros bets and his old man-cursing at a Philly fan. However I wonder about his health and mental state.

Younger Mack wouldn’t have gotten into a political fight that could alienate 50% of the county voters. Especially alienating the political party that is in full control of your city and county. 

Say what you want about him, but he's always been a master marketer. Part of being that, as you said, is not alienating half your customer base. It just felt like a weird thing for him to pump so much money into and be so public about (the ad appearances, etc). Maybe he came on to Lina and she rebuffed his advances.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Say what you want about him, but he's always been a master marketer. Part of being that, as you said, is not alienating half your customer base. It just felt like a weird thing for him to pump so much money into and be so public about (the ad appearances, etc). Maybe he came on to Lina and she rebuffed his advances.

he’s maga for sure, not sure about QoP 

Local officials have always been quick to praise Mack for his assistance to the community. Something tells me that Mack will get little attention from the Dems in power now.

mack swung for the fences with Mealer and struck out. I assume they wheeled Dave Ward back to the memory care center as well.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He risked alienating 50% of Harris County. People from the Woodlands and Cinco Ranch buy a shitload more of Mack's ugly ass furniture than people from Pasadena.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Local officials have always been quick to praise Mack for his assistance to the community. Something tells me that Mack will get little attention from the Dems in power now.

mack swung for the fences with Mealer and struck out. I assume they wheeled Dave Ward back to the memory care center as well.

Ol’ Dave and MAGA Mack and other olds were pissed when she rightly went after CrimeStoppers of Houston for becoming a GQP cutout and bloated salaries for the CEO. 

Yet another aspect of the Chris’s idiotic Mealer endorsement: they’d recently done some great reporting in CSoH only to blow it off months later

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, tokamak said:

The entire GOP message this cycle was that the whole city is a lawless hellscape. I live in Meyerland and it's chock full of signs that say "TIRED OF CRIME??? VOTE REPUBLICAN!!". Dudes....it's Meyerland.

There's dozens of those in my neighborhood at memorial and the beltway.  We don't really have crime here.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They should wheel Dave Ward off a bridge, along with Abbott and Mack. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Daddy took all of their fentanyl skittles for his own use and noted the houses that gave them out so he could go back for moar around turkey day

Wanna hang out, like 8:30 Saturday night when the second half of the game starts 

Edited by Js1
  • Drool 1

50 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Ol’ Dave and MAGA Mack and other olds were pissed when she rightly went after CrimeStoppers of Houston for becoming a GQP cutout and bloated salaries for the CEO. 

Yet another aspect of the Chris’s idiotic Mealer endorsement: they’d recently done some great reporting in CSoH only to blow it off months later

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/houston-crime-stoppers-17130910.php

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/21/us/politics/crime-stoppers-houston.html

• Hook 'Em 3

He risked alienating 50% of Harris County. People from the Woodlands and Cinco Ranch buy a shitload more of Mack's ugly ass furniture than people from Pasadena.

Mack’s Fort Bend location is right across 99 from my hellscape of a suburban neighborhood. The same neighborhood that ole Abbott did his “door knocking” in. Mack is fine.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Mack’s Fort Bend location is right across 99 from my hellscape of a suburban neighborhood. The same neighborhood that ole Abbott did his “door knocking” in. Mack is fine.

I wonder if he dropped any money on defeating KP George. Who won