Creed III

utxmike05

11 hours ago, WBT said:

I thought I read the reason Stallone isn't in it was because they wanted to Rocky to die and he didn't want to do it.

and that sucks if true.  

Rocky is my favorite movie of all time (don't be hatin).  I am pretty diehard fan.  Rocky dying on screen is the only way to go.  Once Sly dies and they haven't done it they are going to do some stupid shit like Adrian death where it just happens.  Mickey/Apollo dying on screen was awesome.  

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

and that sucks if true.  

Rocky is my favorite movie of all time (don't be hatin).  I am pretty diehard fan.  Rocky dying on screen is the only way to go.  Once Sly dies and they haven't done it they are going to do some stupid shit like Adrian death where it just happens.  Mickey/Apollo dying on screen was awesome.  

Profile pic

I'm gonna watch.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Scraps said:

Rocky needs to die on screen.  They need to do it soon, Sly ain't living forever.  

I'm convinced Sly died already and we have been seeing a cyborg version over the past couple years.  Didn't he just have a hero TV series come out on Prime?  And I saw an ad for his new show Tulsa King on Paramount+.

"What is dead may never die"

14 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Thanks to the trailer I feel like I've already seen the movie. 

Pretty easy to see where the plot goes from there. 

Yea I wish it was some real asshole of an opponent that we want knocked out.  This will be a kiss and make up thing in the end.

Would have been cooler if this guy killed Rocky.  Revenge fights are the best.

But they are both good actors so it should be good entertainment.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, Hermanator said:

Thanks to the trailer I feel like I've already seen the movie. 

Pretty easy to see where the plot goes from there. 

On 10/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, utxmike05 said:

Yea I wish it was some real asshole of an opponent that we want knocked out.  This will be a kiss and make up thing in the end.

Would have been cooler if this guy killed Rocky.  Revenge fights are the best.

But they are both good actors so it should be good entertainment.  

haven't seen the trailer, and definitely won't now (hate how trailers ruin movies) but MBJ was in Black Panther. I'd hope that he understands the value in an anti-hero that needs to die but you still kind of root for. Or at least goes out with a kick ass line.

Agreed on rocky needing to die on screen. I'll still watch this but it won't "feel" like a franchise movie without him while he is alive, either in real life or in the movie universe. I personally would prefer closure there but looks like that won't happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...

I saw it last night and thought it was kinda meh.....but I guess there is only so much you can keep doing in these Rocky/Creed movies.  

Spoiler

Are we about to get the female movement now in Rocky/Creed franchise and move to his daughter now being the boxer for 3 movies? 

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 1

I saw both of the Creed films and found them both underwhelming, the second more than the first. I think it hurts interest in this one that we are five years removed from Creed II. I reckon it was scuttled during the plague.

I'll probably go see this one Monday night in Greensboro after driving down for the ACC Tournament that starts Tuesday, something to do I guess.

Saw it with HOTB Jr. It's clearly a paint-by-number sports movie, so if I'm going to enjoy it, it better have some great training sequences and fight scenes. The main training sequence was fine. The fight scenes were really well done, except for the slo-mo hits. There was no need for that.

I gave it a B. I guess it's a boxing movie just as much as any of the Rocky or Creed movies are "boxing" movies, but it's just hard to get over the fast-forward plot techniques they use to write these scripts. This one felt very Disney even, aside from the troubled past storyline..... Majors' character had such a ridiculous story it was hard to take it serious. But I guess that's my first problem.... Majors was good though, and MBJ is ok. 

• Hook 'Em 2

aside from the troubled past storyline..... Majors' character had such a ridiculous story it was hard to take it serious.

Lol yeah i had numerous smh moments and it even got laughable.

The weird fucking middle of the match between creed/dame also was a wtf
  • Hook 'Em 1

Saw it last night. I thought it was perfectly, “eh”. The passage of time was done poorly. They needed to look at Team America, World Police for tips on a montage. It was ok but, not much more than that. I thought it seemed more like a made for TV movie than one made for the big screen.

I didn’t like the ending, specifically, the locker room after the fight. I think I would have done it differently for Dame.

I thought the insertion of a female assistant trainer for Creed was odd. They just put her in there and nothing else. Same with the female boxing announcer in the beginning. And now the daughter in the ring. Eh.

It was just, blah.

One other thing I can’t get over is that these are not big guys. Dame is 6’ and Jordan is also 6’.

I just can’t, not with how the Heavyweight division has had extremely large men for over 20 years now, take these guys seriously as heavyweights. Wilder is 6’7” and Fury is 6’9”. Lennox Lewis was a giant compared to these guys. Mike Tyson, at his size, was such an anomaly to what is actual reality, especially since it’s almost 40 years since he first won the title.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Yeah the Felix Chavez character being HW is laughable 

He's literally a welterweight. Under 150 pounds. Pretty sure he got smacked around by Bud Crawford a few years ago (who had a couple brief shots in the movie training with Creed). I tried not to get too much into the weeds about actual boxing shit in the movie, but if you want to go there, let's talk about how Mexicans don't really fight in heavyweight, they're not big enough, and the last one that shocked the world a few years back was like 6'0" 340 with a beer gut the size of a Modelo keg. That would've been hilarious to see across Michael B Jordan.

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2022 at 8:41 PM, WBT said:

I thought I read the reason Stallone isn't in it was because they wanted to Rocky to die and he didn't want to do it.

Stallone and the producer Irwin have a long going feud. He’ll come back for creed 4 if they ditch irwin, his words. 

Jordan wants to keep the franchise going, and grow it. He’ll bring Stallone back 

37 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That's just a take on the plot of Black Panther starring this same dude. That's just lazy

Yea it is.  But don't forget what we are watching...this is a sports boxing movie.  Basic plots are the standard in sports flicks, just depends on how they execute.  Some people want these movies to evolve into some complex never before seen plot....this isn't Tenet or some shit.  I don't watch these for an amazing oscar worthy plot.

12 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Yea it is.  But don't forget what we are watching...this is a sports boxing movie.  Basic plots are the standard in sports flicks, just depends on how they execute.  Some people want these movies to evolve into some complex never before seen plot....this isn't Tenet or some shit.  I don't watch these for an amazing oscar worthy plot.

image.thumb.jpeg.c974cf3bdaf923023b0c15f535bb9ae9.jpeg

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 11:38 PM, Scraps said:

Lol yeah i had numerous smh moments and it even got laughable.

The weird fucking middle of the match between creed/dame also was a wtf

I thought that was the only cool part of the movie.   Like they were back in the gym settling their differences with no one else around.    

Outside of that the story was utterly ridiculous.   Dame's first fight was a title shot???   Do you know how many guys would have to get hurt to have a person with no professional fights fighting the champ.   Even then it wouldnt be title fight.